According to a new Gallup poll out this week, key findings don't bode well for those in office today.
Now I know that many in here towing the Obama line will say that this has more to do with congress, and those like myself with a conservative vision will say this means more about how Obama and demo's have ran things for the past three years. But the two findings I bolded can directly be attributed to my argument.Key Findings:
- 82% of Americans disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job.
- 69% say they have little or no confidence in the legislative branch of government, an all-time high and up from 63% in 2010.
- 57% have little or no confidence in the federal government to solve domestic problems, exceeding the previous high of 53% recorded in 2010 and well exceeding the 43% who have little or no confidence in the government to solve international problems.
- 53% have little or no confidence in the men and women who seek or hold elected office.
- Americans believe, on average, that the federal government wastes 51 cents of every tax dollar, similar to a year ago, but up significantly from 46 cents a decade ago and from an average 43 cents three decades ago.
- 49% of Americans believe the federal government has become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. In 2003, less than a third (30%) believed this.
So what do you all think? Are we in for a 'throw the bums out election? And if so, doesn't that harbinger a real problem for demo's?