Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 158

Thread: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

  1. #61
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Would you point out where it says that Reagan sought to ban Asthma inhalers?
    .... the Montreal Protocol deals with CFCs....
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Administration to ban Asthma Inhalers over Environmental Concerns

    Signed in 1987, took till 2012 to "ban" these inhalers. i hae one. I use it when I need it. This is gonna mean "hoarding"
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #63
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Reagan signed a treaty to lower CFC emissions. The removal of CFC propelled inhalers was done to meet treaty requirements.
    I remember the discussion occurred about that time frame, but the concentration was leveled toward aerosol cans, deodorants, bug spray, air fresheners, yet they have not been banned. I supposed the ingredients that harm the environment were removed from those products, yet these over the counter inhalers are to be banned. I would hardly think these inhalers contribute to the demise of the ozone layer. Their banning will more than likely contribute to the demise of the poor, who cannot afford adequate medical treatment.

    Oh, I have forgotten about free health care that has been signed into law. Now we working stiffs will be forced to pay for more expensive medical treatment because the over the counter inhalants have been banned.

  4. #64
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    .... the Montreal Protocol deals with CFCs....
    America is its own sovereign nation. No political leader, Republican or Democrat had any business signing a treaty like that.

    Back then, I had exercise-induced asthma, but it got worse as I progressed in years. Then I only used an Albuterol inhaler. If there had been talk of banning inhalers, I would have heard about it. The only discussion was about what was in aerosol cans.

    Now, after all these years, inhalers have been found to destroy the ozone layer? It's all poppycock.

  5. #65
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,226

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    America is its own sovereign nation. No political leader, Republican or Democrat had any business signing a treaty like that.

    Back then, I had exercise-induced asthma, but it got worse as I progressed in years. Then I only used an Albuterol inhaler. If there had been talk of banning inhalers, I would have heard about it. The only discussion was about what was in aerosol cans.

    Now, after all these years, inhalers have been found to destroy the ozone layer? It's all poppycock.
    One specific brand of OTC inhaler uses the banned CFC as a propellant. "Primatine Mist" is the only single sole unique aerosol can inhaler which still does this. Nobody is banning inhalers as a group. Far-right talking point central is pushing your buttons again. Relax.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #66
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    One specific brand of OTC inhaler uses the banned CFC as a propellant. "Primatine Mist" is the only single sole unique aerosol can inhaler which still does this. Nobody is banning inhalers as a group. Far-right talking point central is pushing your buttons again. Relax.
    In all likelihood they will just change their propellent.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    One specific brand of OTC inhaler uses the banned CFC as a propellant. "Primatine Mist" is the only single sole unique aerosol can inhaler which still does this. Nobody is banning inhalers as a group. Far-right talking point central is pushing your buttons again. Relax.
    Nobody said that anyone was banning inhalers. The arguement is the affordable ones are being banned and this is how we control health care costs? Re-read my thread title.

  8. #68
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Nobody said that anyone was banning inhalers. The arguement is the affordable ones are being banned and this is how we control health care costs? Re-read my thread title.
    Health care is one concern among thousands that have to do with a sustainable (economically, environmentally, etc) lifestyle in this country. So while old treaties may be an issue towards this single concern, overall it is a minor thing towards the affordability of health care in general.

    A more pressing concern is for those who may not have insurance to afford the other types of inhalers.

  9. #69
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    America is its own sovereign nation. No political leader, Republican or Democrat had any business signing a treaty like that.

    Back then, I had exercise-induced asthma, but it got worse as I progressed in years. Then I only used an Albuterol inhaler. If there had been talk of banning inhalers, I would have heard about it. The only discussion was about what was in aerosol cans.

    Now, after all these years, inhalers have been found to destroy the ozone layer? It's all poppycock.
    Oh for ****'s sake, you're one of those people who thinks voluntarily signing a treaty imposes upon our sovereignty. I suppose you're against the Geneva Convention too. Trade agreements. Is freedom being taken from you when you sign a rental car contract? It's taking away your right to do certain things!

    CFCs have been known to destroy the ozone layer for decades. This is not a recent development.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: EPA to ban affordable inhalers?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Health care is one concern among thousands that have to do with a sustainable (economically, environmentally, etc) lifestyle in this country. So while old treaties may be an issue towards this single concern, overall it is a minor thing towards the affordability of health care in general.

    A more pressing concern is for those who may not have insurance to afford the other types of inhalers.
    Everything is a minor issue until they are all added together.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •