I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.
The story is even more complicated that it looks at first glance. I'm starting to think this issue is more about incompetence rather than malice.
1) The FDA started its phaseout process in 2006. It was determined that there were no technical barriers to producing a HFA epinephrine replacement.
2) Pharma company Wyeth claimed they couldn't make a replacement for technical reasons.
3) The National Asthma Education and Prevention Program says that epinephrine sucks and everyone should switch to albuterol inhalers for health reasons anyway.
4) Armstrong pharmaceuticals comes in and decides to make the HFA replacement starting in 2009.
4) The FDA originally planned for 2011 end date for the CFC version, but Armstrong asks it to be pushed to 2012, claiming that they will have a replacement in early 2011.
5) According to government records, Armstrong is currently doing clinical trials of the drug at the moment.
6) In a press release, Armstrong says the drug will not be released until after the ban. They encourage customers to stockpile current models until they can get their new drug on the market.
I might have an old container of that stuff. I will get back with you on what it was called.
Greenhouse gases: Any gas that, by an accident of chemistry, happens to absorb radiation of a type that the Earth, by an accident of history, would like to lose.
The internet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhoea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.
Here's the latest I've heard about the situation.
Senator DeMint tried to attach a rider to the 2012 Farm Bill that would cut off any funding to enforce the ban on epinephrine inhalers.
But the Democrats shot it down last month.
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote
Why are the Demoncrats so damned opposed to saving the lives of Americans?
WTF is their problem?
Last edited by Muhammed; 12-06-11 at 09:47 PM.