Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    "The smart rich know they can only build the gate so high. And, and, sooner or later history proves that people when they've had enough arenít going to take it anymore. And much better to deal with it nonviolently now, through the political system, than what could possibly happen in the future, which nobody wants to see," Michael Moore said on Current TV's "Countdown" program.

    Michael Moore Threatens The "Rich": Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now" | RealClearPolitics
    Threats? That is what progressives have devolved to? What a jack ass Moore is. He clearly does not understand business, nor the meaning of hypocrisy. Where did he make his millions? How much does he give back to the government?

    Ok, So my question to libs....

    Maxine Waters, "Tea partiers can go straight to hell....And I intend to help them get there...."

    Andre Carson, "The tea party wants to see blacks hanging from a tree...."

    Hoffa, "This is a war!....

    Is this the more civil discourse dear leader was calling for after the Giffords shooting?

    What is the matter with progressives?

    You want violence? I say bring it...I am ready.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Threats? That is what progressives have devolved to? What a jack ass Moore is. He clearly does not understand business, nor the meaning of hypocrisy. Where did he make his millions? How much does he give back to the government?

    Ok, So my question to libs....

    Maxine Waters, "Tea partiers can go straight to hell....And I intend to help them get there...."

    Andre Carson, "The tea party wants to see blacks hanging from a tree...."

    Hoffa, "This is a war!....

    Is this the more civil discourse dear leader was calling for after the Giffords shooting?

    What is the matter with progressives?

    You want violence? I say bring it...I am ready.

    j-mac
    I don't know why we call this a threat, considering the only weight he has on anything is with film production companies.

    Moore is not the same as most progressives. Moore=attention hungry, former successful "documentary" maker.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #3
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Threats? That is what progressives have devolved to? What a jack ass Moore is. He clearly does not understand business, nor the meaning of hypocrisy. Where did he make his millions? How much does he give back to the government?

    Ok, So my question to libs....

    Maxine Waters, "Tea partiers can go straight to hell....And I intend to help them get there...."

    Andre Carson, "The tea party wants to see blacks hanging from a tree...."

    Hoffa, "This is a war!....

    Is this the more civil discourse dear leader was calling for after the Giffords shooting?

    What is the matter with progressives?

    You want violence? I say bring it...I am ready.

    j-mac
    First of all, it's not really fair to associate Moore with all libs. I know plenty of liberals who can't stand the guy. I'm not a huge fan, myself. Secondly, I don't see how his statement is that big of a deal. He is always talking about how he and his supporters are going to change things and blah blah blah. I see another pointless film on the horizon. That's about it.

    As for your other quotes, they are typical partisan nonsense. Certain people on the right engage in this stuff as well. Both sides have their outspoken fringe lunatics who make outrageous statements. Responding to partisan nonsense with more partisan nonsense does absolutely nothing but add more fuel to the fire.

    Finally, (and this goes for both sides) the tough guy crap really needs to stop. This is a message board. The story you are linking to even has a quote from Michael Moore saying that things should be dealt with "nonviolently". So acting like people are advocating violence, when they are really advocating political strategy is ridiculous. Anyone can be a tough guy on a message board. That's all I'm saying. Perhaps we should tone down the rhetoric instead of adding more fuel to this bull**** partisan fire. It's getting so incredibly old.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    What's this non-violent ****? It's time to get violent.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    We ARE seeing our democratic republic being choked into submission and on its way to a probably socialist dictatorship. Look at Obama's main themes.

    1) Increase taxes on a portion of the population whose numbers are too small to influence election results.

    2) Promise that seized wealth to a majority of the population, essentially bribing them to vote. It isn't a matter of the government needing money to perform essential functions, it is a give away to the lower income strata. He has stated outright that the lowest incomes will actuall get money they never paid!

    3) The majority of those populations that will be swayed by the bribe are urban dwellers. Concentrated in those urban centers that would already be ruling the country were it not for the electoral college.

  6. #6
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Threats? That is what progressives have devolved to? What a jack ass Moore is. He clearly does not understand business, nor the meaning of hypocrisy. Where did he make his millions? How much does he give back to the government?

    Ok, So my question to libs....

    Maxine Waters, "Tea partiers can go straight to hell....And I intend to help them get there...."

    Andre Carson, "The tea party wants to see blacks hanging from a tree...."

    Hoffa, "This is a war!....

    Is this the more civil discourse dear leader was calling for after the Giffords shooting?

    What is the matter with progressives?

    You want violence? I say bring it...I am ready.

    j-mac

    I think most rich would be smart enough to have some firearms around their house so they can shoot anyone threatening their property and safety. After all thanks to liberals like him ****ting all over the 2nd amendment firearms are not something the poor in many places in the country can legally afford, And due to their anti-2nd amendment beliefs many idiots like him will not be adequately armed.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Apart from the obvious idiots, who the **** would take Moore seriously anyway?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #8
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    First of all, it's not really fair to associate Moore with all libs. I know plenty of liberals who can't stand the guy. I'm not a huge fan, myself. Secondly, I don't see how his statement is that big of a deal. He is always talking about how he and his supporters are going to change things and blah blah blah. I see another pointless film on the horizon. That's about it.

    As for your other quotes, they are typical partisan nonsense. Certain people on the right engage in this stuff as well. Both sides have their outspoken fringe lunatics who make outrageous statements. Responding to partisan nonsense with more partisan nonsense does absolutely nothing but add more fuel to the fire.

    Finally, (and this goes for both sides) the tough guy crap really needs to stop. This is a message board. The story you are linking to even has a quote from Michael Moore saying that things should be dealt with "nonviolently". So acting like people are advocating violence, when they are really advocating political strategy is ridiculous. Anyone can be a tough guy on a message board. That's all I'm saying. Perhaps we should tone down the rhetoric instead of adding more fuel to this bull**** partisan fire. It's getting so incredibly old.

    Ok, It is a fair point you make about Moore, and whom actually thinks he is little more than a clown. Probably why he appeared on Olberman's non viewed show to say it...However, Wasn't what we heard after Gifford was shot by the loon, that everyone needed to tone it down, yet we have example after example of libs doing just the opposite. I am not trying to be any kind of 'tough guy', rather just expressing that I am prepared.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #9
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, It is a fair point you make about Moore, and whom actually thinks he is little more than a clown. Probably why he appeared on Olberman's non viewed show to say it...However, Wasn't what we heard after Gifford was shot by the loon, that everyone needed to tone it down, yet we have example after example of libs doing just the opposite. I am not trying to be any kind of 'tough guy', rather just expressing that I am prepared.

    j-mac
    Libs only want rhetoric that they disapprove of toned down.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #10
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, It is a fair point you make about Moore, and whom actually thinks he is little more than a clown. Probably why he appeared on Olberman's non viewed show to say it...However, Wasn't what we heard after Gifford was shot by the loon, that everyone needed to tone it down, yet we have example after example of libs doing just the opposite. I am not trying to be any kind of 'tough guy', rather just expressing that I am prepared.

    j-mac
    I think the rhetoric should have been toned down a long time ago. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge. Partisan politics will always be a big point of contention between people. The problem is that it shouldn't take something like the Gifford shooting for people to want to tone it down.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •