Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96

Thread: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Charities & foundations supported

    Michael Moore has supported the following charities:

    •Raising Malawi

    Michael Moore's Charity Work, Events and Causes

    Heck, even Justin Bieber has 6 charities listed. Alice Cooper 9.

  2. #22
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    im not a michael moore fan...but I dont see where he advocated violence. He said lets be non-violent before any violence starts..

    There many fringe looney things to cling to on both sides...this wasnt one of them...and it certainly wasnt Michael Moore at his best or worst depending on how you view him

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's the same as the whole idea of rich peopley saying that the rich should pay more. They're more than welcome to voluntarily donate more of their money to various causes. I'm not sure the IRS would refuse to accept an additional tax payment, either. Basically it's like saying, "Oh yeah, we think we should pay more...but we'll wait until you make us before we do anything about it."
    Not sure what you mean here, but you do know that the those who donate money to charities get nice tax breaks, right? In fact, through tax shelters here in Canada, one can get more money back than what was originally donated.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #24
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Not sure what you mean here, but you do know that the those who donate money to charities get nice tax breaks, right? In fact, through tax shelters here in Canada, one can get more money back than what was originally donated.
    You only get a break if you claim it. I donate around $2000 in money, time, or goods to charity throughout the year, but I don't claim it. Why? Because I don't participate in charitable giving for the financial reward. These people saying the noble thing are still just saying. They are perfectly capable of actually taking action but generally do not.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I agree, and it hasn't that is the point...the only thing the Gifford shooting did was give libs reason to call for toning it down while they ramp it up.

    j-mac
    It's not just the left though. We have the right ramping up rhetoric about socialism, dictatorship, and tyranny. Hell in another thread we have a conservative talking about a revolution. You call that toning down the rhetoric?

    And Michael Moore is the Ann Coulter of the left. He's not a liberal and he's an idiot that most on the left don't take seriously. I do wish he would shut his mouth though.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    From what I gather, it seems that he has no problem with the rich (that would include him, I suspect) paying a higher percentage of taxes. He does not expect the rich to hand over their money directly to the poor. He just wants everyone to pay their fair share. I don't see anyhting wrong with that.
    Why is it better to give your money to a bloated wasteful government to disperse as opposed to giving the money directly yourself? As individuals we give $300 billion annually. Just because we are not funnelling it through the government first does not mean we are not sharing our wealth. Individuals in the U.S. give more internationally than every other country (excluding the U.S.) combined gives. We give more than the U.S. government gives.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    You only get a break if you claim it. I donate around $2000 in money, time, or goods to charity throughout the year, but I don't claim it. Why? Because I don't participate in charitable giving for the financial reward. These people saying the noble thing are still just saying. They are perfectly capable of actually taking action but generally do not.
    I don't either. I have no idea how much I donate but I claim none of it on my taxes.

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    You only get a break if you claim it. I donate around $2000 in money, time, or goods to charity throughout the year, but I don't claim it. Why? Because I don't participate in charitable giving for the financial reward. These people saying the noble thing are still just saying. They are perfectly capable of actually taking action but generally do not.
    And that, my dear, is propbably why you'll never be rich. Though I am not sure it's the complete truth, I have heard many times that the rich stay rich because they don't spend. For instance what they give in donations comes back to them. I do have few of my rich friends who do this.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Michael Moore really has no credibility in my mind. He's a slob of an idealist and a hypocrite at that.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #30
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Moore Threatens The Rich: Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Why is it better to give your money to a bloated wasteful government to disperse as opposed to giving the money directly yourself? As individuals we give $300 billion annually. Just because we are not funnelling it through the government first does not mean we are not sharing our wealth. Individuals in the U.S. give more internationally than every other country (excluding the U.S.) combined gives. We give more than the U.S. government gives.
    Let's say you have an idea, start your business and build a factory right in the good ole US of A. Do you not think for a moment that taxpayers money would help you?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •