Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 310

Thread: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

  1. #91
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Which is part of why there isn't enough money on this planet to get me to visit your country (Ausie or NZ, I assume) or anywhere in Europe.
    Is it just me or did anyone else just hear a collective cheer from Australia, New Zealand and all of Europe?

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ya know why that is? Because there are some crimes that are committed that call for no less of a punishment than death. Perhaps your heart will bleed for someone like Susan Smith, who drowned her 2 little boys, or like the Arizona shooter or the Fort Hood shooter (I could go on and on). As for me, my heart bleeds for the victims and some SOBs richly deserve nothing less.
    T Factor,

    i have no sympathy for the perpetrators of evil crimes and my sympathies lay with the victims. you might be prepared to let a person who may be innocent be executed (which is what my reply was to Tigger about), but i am certainly not.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  3. #93
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Yes, if there's no other corroborating evidence that the person was at the scene and tie my belongings to him. There are plenty of scenarios where I might be wrong or lying, therefore the police shouldn't just take my word for it without other corroborating evidence.

    Your scenario is exactly that of the women who convicted a black man of raping her only to find out 11 years later that he was innocent after a DNA test.
    What about a child who's molested but doesn't say anything out of fear for awhile (and after any physical evidence is gone)? Just too bad, so sad? Currently police bring charges against someone based only on the word of a single victim all the time. Those of you who argue they don't, are just inaccurate. To do anything else ignores the realities of how and where crimes are committed. It's up to the jury if they believe the witness by the high standard of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt.

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Which is part of why there isn't enough money on this planet to get me to visit your country (Ausie or NZ, I assume)
    thank goodness. cause seriously, how much can a koala bear?
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  5. #95
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    T Factor,

    i have no sympathy for the perpetrators of evil crimes and my sympathies lay with the victims. you might be prepared to let a person who may be innocent be executed (which is what my reply was to Tigger about), but i am certainly not.
    "T Factor" ?

    Why can you never just own up to that which you clearly say? You were very specific that you believed the death penalty (and people who support it, which is the majority of my country) to be uncivilized and the actual guilt of someone plays no role in your opposition. In each of my examples there is no question as to the guilt of the killers, yet you still think they deserve a long and happy life. Something they denied their victims.
    Last edited by X Factor; 09-21-11 at 10:22 AM.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    "T Factor" ?

    Why can you never just own up to that which you clearly say? You were very specific that you believed the death penalty (and people who support it, which is the majority of my country) to be uncivilized and the actual guilt of someone plays no role in your opposition. In each of my examples there is no question as to the guilt of the killers, yet you still think they deserve a long and happy life. Something they denied their victims.
    here you go again. lying.

    T factor,

    please show me where i suggested that a person who is guilty beyond doubt "deserves a long a happy lilfe". considering i made no mention of what punishment i thought was suitable for these people you are lying again. being against the death penalty doesn't mean you wish the criminal a long and HAPPY life.

    getting rather tired of your obvious trolling.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  7. #97
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    here you go again. lying.

    T factor,

    please show me where i suggested that a person who is guilty beyond doubt "deserves a long a happy lilfe". considering i made no mention of what punishment i thought was suitable for these people you are lying again. being against the death penalty doesn't mean you wish the criminal a long and HAPPY life.

    getting rather tired of your obvious trolling.
    Ah "T" is for troll?

    But there's no question, is there, that you were suggesting that the US is just less than civilized because we do have the death penalty?

  8. #98
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ah "T" is for troll?

    But there's no question, is there, that you were suggesting that the US is just less than civilized because we do have the death penalty?
    T is for whatever you want it to be. żou're pretty good at making **** up that people don't actually say to suit your argument any other time. the death penalty is barbaric and uncivilized. i apply the some feeling to any Country that uses it as punishment. while I oppose the death penalty, the bigger issue for me is that i am bothered by the fact that some states have no difficulty executing a convicted party without an extensive body of physical evidence. if you're going to take somebody's life, you better be damned sure that you know that they're guilty. whether or not Troy Davis is guilty, the evidence doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being conclusive. that is what this thread is about afterall.

    sorry if that makes your butt hurt and you want to take it personally.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else just hear a collective cheer from Australia, New Zealand and all of Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    thank goodness. cause seriously, how much can a koala bear?
    I'm sure. There are a lot of places in those areas that I'd love to see, but not while it requires giving up a basic human right, and entering a society like any of those in Europe, Australia, or New Zealand. Hell, I won't even go to Canada.

    I've always thougth kaola's would probably make nice hats, like raccoons do. Different type of tail, but similar idea.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Troy Davis execution: Georgia pardons board denies plea for clemency

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    ..... while I oppose the death penalty, the bigger issue for me is that i am bothered by the fact that some states have no difficulty executing a convicted party without an extensive body of physical evidence. if you're going to take somebody's life, you better be damned sure that you know that they're guilty....
    Show me a truly "innocent" person over age five anywhere in the "civilized" world.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •