Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Tennessee Valley Authority... look it up.
    And, your point is?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #82
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No what it shows is that Business has no confidence in this Administration and knows that the net affect of the Bush tax cut has been negated by this Administration and their regulations and micro managing of the economy. Obamacare and potential for higher taxes offset those Bush tax cuts. If you think we have a revenue problem are you send in more money than required? If not, why not?
    please link the new, onerous regulations on business since obama came into office. thanks.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many green jobs did Solyndra create?
    Who cares? I was t in support of it so why are you bringing it up?

    First off, I've never said anything about cutting taxes, that's a Left Wing talking point invented to attack Conservatives with. Secondly, offshore drilling is going to create jobs as well as billions in tax revenue. While it's obviously not going to take the unemployment rate to zero, it would make perfect sense to encourage any American industry that will create jobs. How much tax revenue has Solyndra created?
    Fine you haven't brought up, sorry. However many conservatives have.

    As for offshore drilling, with safety followed I have no problem with it. Tell me though, how many jobs were lost with tourism and fishing when the oil spill happened? How much money lost cleaning it up? This is why safety needs to be top priority with offshore drilling. When the oil companies can show they can be responsible and safe, I'm all for it.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The point you made is always supporting the claim that we have a revenue problem when I claim we don't have a revenue problem but instead a spending problem. You want more revenue then there are over 65 million working Americans that aren't paying any FIT and some are getting a refund so their net tax is negative. The top 10% pay over 70% of the taxes but "your" President claims that isn't enough and that they aren't paying their fair share. So I guess paying taxes isn't one's fair share but paying zero in FIT is? There is no logic in that argument so it concerns me when people buy the Obama rhetoric.
    No, I say we have BOTH a spending problem and revenue problem. Now, try addressing what I say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,618

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    We were losing jobs WITH Bush in charge and WITH the tax cuts in place. You can blame Obama all you want but it didn't work even with a different administration.
    Uh, no we weren't, job growth occurred from 2003-2007 so where do you get your information? Tell me why you are so concerned about more money going to the govt. instead of people keeping more of their own money? How does raising taxes put 25 million Americans back to work full time?

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Who cares? I was t in support of it so why are you bringing it up?
    I was making a point.


    As for offshore drilling, with safety followed I have no problem with it. Tell me though, how many jobs were lost with tourism and fishing when the oil spill happened? How much money lost cleaning it up? This is why safety needs to be top priority with offshore drilling. When the oil companies can show they can be responsible and safe, I'm all for it.
    Probably none. How about you show us some numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,618

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I say we have BOTH a spending problem and revenue problem. Now, try addressing what I say.
    Until the govt. shows it is ready to attack the spending problem I do not support sending any more money to the govt. but further know that the tax increases proposed by this President will not generate more revenue for the govt and even if it did it would be spent.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You miss the point, when I say that you can't base an economy on just a handful of different industries. It's important to encourage all industries to grow, such as the oil and gas industry and the coal industry. They employ people, too.
    You can't encourage them to grow. When you have people who will spend money, they will grow. They'll grow no matter what we do. They are not children who need government to help them. They are in a far better place than the poor.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I say we have BOTH a spending problem and revenue problem. Now, try addressing what I say.
    If more people were working, there would be more revenue.

    The problem as I see, is that the Libbos want to have their cake and eat it, too.

    They want to kill jobs, spend a ****load of money, raise taxes, balance the budget and expect the American people to vote them right back in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why raise taxes and take away the private sector's spending power?
    Again largely the wealthy's spending is not effected by taxes. You might have an argument with that and the middle class, but not the wealthy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •