Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #681
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh please, save us the talking points.
    In your 'opinion' a statement of reality is somehow equated to 'talking points'?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #682
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    defending obama's tax policies is uber stupid


    Obumble came to town today and f'd up traffic

    he was pandering and whining about the rich with more lies, more class warfare crap

    he's a complete asshole
    Defending Bush's tax policy, by default, is brain searingly stupid. It didn't create jobs, it blew the budget all to hell, it contributed to the housing bubble, and it spiked the rich/poor divide. If I had supported those moronic policies I wouldn't even say the word tax. In fact, don't even say ta. Or ax. Or even a.

  3. #683
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Defending Bush's tax policy, by default, is brain searingly stupid. It didn't create jobs, it blew the budget all to hell, it contributed to the housing bubble, and it spiked the rich/poor divide. If I had supported those moronic policies I wouldn't even say the word tax. In fact, don't even say ta. Or ax. Or even a.
    It meant people like me who were overtaxed got to keep more of our money rather than allowing dem scumbags to use it to buy the votes of their supporters



  4. #684
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you deny that your master obumble thinks pandering to the "poor" is more important than efficient revenue collection?
    at least he doesn't pander to the whiny wealthy, like Bonehead and Can'tor.

  5. #685
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    defending obama's tax policies is uber stupid


    Obumble came to town today and f'd up traffic

    he was pandering and whining about the rich with more lies, more class warfare crap

    he's a complete asshole
    Maybe this is a helpful way for you to look at posting. Read your post before you hit submit. If all your post communicates is a declaration that you are a teabagger, there is no point in posting it. We already know that. If it communicates an idea or thought beyond just declaring your side, then do post it. Is that helpful?

  6. #686
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    at least he doesn't pander to the whiny wealthy, like Bonehead and Can'tor.
    the whiney wealthy are people like buffett

    the real whiners are those who piss and moan about the rich and want government to take more from the rich so the losers feel better about their failure in life



  7. #687
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It meant people like me who were overtaxed got to keep more of our money rather than allowing dem scumbags to use it to buy the votes of their supporters
    Poor baby! Were you living out of your car during the Clinton years? Did that extra 3.5% put you on the street?

  8. #688
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Maybe this is a helpful way for you to look at posting. Read your post before you hit submit. If all your post communicates is a declaration that you are a teabagger, there is no point in posting it. We already know that. If it communicates an idea or thought beyond just declaring your side, then do post it. Is that helpful?
    You really aren't good enough a poster to be lecturing anyone on how to post. Nothing is more funny than a hack pretending they aren't a hack



  9. #689
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really aren't good enough a poster to be lecturing anyone on how to post. Nothing is more funny than a hack pretending they aren't a hack
    How self referential.

  10. #690
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Poor baby! Were you living out of your car during the Clinton years? Did that extra 3.5% put you on the street?
    That envy thing is working for you again? You don't seem to understand that Obama wants people like me to pay far far more than that

    like doubling capital gains rates or jacking dividends (which already suffer a 35% cut at the corporate level) going up to 40% from 15%



Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •