Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #461
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is a lie, but keep saying it. Here are the line items of the Federal Budget, explain to me how the rich benefit more for each line item

    Defense 696.1
    International Affairs 45.2
    Gen. Science, Space 30.9
    Energy 11.5
    Natural resources/env 41,6
    Agriculture 23.2
    Commerce -82.9
    Transportation 92.5
    Community Dev 24.9
    Education/Train/Social 125.1
    Health 369.0
    Medicare 451.6
    Income Security 624.0
    Social Security 706.7
    Veterans Benefits 108.4
    Justice 55.2
    General Govt. 18.1
    Net Interest 196.9
    Again, do you understand what is being said? Your response once again suggests you don't.

    The rich use government services from the courts to airlines to commerce than poor people do. Add in corporate welfare and bailouts, and the wealthy get a staggeringly larger benefit from government than poor people. Corproate welfare alone is like five times more than regular welfare. Overall, it isn't even close. The wealthy benefit most.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    WHAT DOES ANY OF THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE THREAD TOPIC? Is that what Obama is talking about when he is talking about raising the taxes on the rich and the rich paying their fair share? Keep ignoring posts that refute your opinion and keep posting information that diverts from the thread topic and what Obama is trying to do.
    It has to do with our conversation, answering YOUR comment. And as the hteread is about taxes, this is also in keeping with the thread topic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    The fact of the matter is that most Americans realize that the country is in deep doo doo, that the federal government has dug itself into a spending hole, and has to get out. Getting out is going to require both spending cuts and tax increases, which are going to be a sacrifice for most people.

    Obama knows this, too, and also knows that there is an election looming. Is he going to admit that everyone is going to have to pay more in taxes? Of course not. He's going to rant about the "rich", because few of us consider ourselves to be rich. Most of us are, when compared to the average person in most nations, but that's beside the point. He's saying basically, let's raise taxes on the other guy. He's not saying much about spending cuts, that's up to the opposition party.

    And what's that opposition party doing? Why, pussyfooting around the issue and proposing cuts that are much like cutting down a redwood with a penknife, that's what.

    No one is addressing this issue in a realistic way, and won't until after the election is over.

    Maybe not even then.

    It's a lot more fun to rant about how it's the other guy's fault and how we need to tax the other guy than to address the real issues.

    Hey! I know! Let's just get rid of the other guy. It's all his fault anyway!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #464
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, do you understand what is being said? Your response once again suggests you don't.

    The rich use government services from the courts to airlines to commerce than poor people do. Add in corporate welfare and bailouts, and the wealthy get a staggeringly larger benefit from government than poor people. Corproate welfare alone is like five times more than regular welfare. Overall, it isn't even close. The wealthy benefit most.
    No, you are missing the point, there is nothing in the Federal Expenses that don't go to all yet the rich pay for most of it since 47% don't pay any taxes which fund these line items. Not sure where you get your beliefs but you show what is wrong in this country today, class envy and warfare.

  5. #465
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The fact of the matter is that most Americans realize that the country is in deep doo doo, that the federal government has dug itself into a spending hole, and has to get out. Getting out is going to require both spending cuts and tax increases, which are going to be a sacrifice for most people.
    I quite agree!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #466
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It has to do with our conversation, answering YOUR comment. And as the hteread is about taxes, this is also in keeping with the thread topic.
    My comment was on the rich paying the most in FIT and the 47% of INCOME earners not paying ANy!

  7. #467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I quite agree!
    So how is raising taxes on the top 1% forcing sacrifice on the other 99% and especially the 47% that aren't paying any FIT?

  8. #468
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you are missing the point, there is nothing in the Federal Expenses that don't go to all yet the rich pay for most of it since 47% don't pay any taxes which fund these line items. Not sure where you get your beliefs but you show what is wrong in this country today, class envy and warfare.
    No, the rich benefit most. As they benefit most, they should pay more. And I have linked serveral times from many sources where I get this from. You might consider reading the links on occassion.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So how is raising taxes on the top 1% forcing sacrifice on the other 99% and especially the 47% that aren't paying any FIT?
    The cuts will effect them most. That is their sacrifice, and it will likely hurt them much more than a small increase for the upper income folks.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #470
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The cuts will effect them most. That is their sacrifice, and it will likely hurt them much more than a small increase for the upper income folks.
    How in the world can you claim that the rich who pay 38% of all the tax revenue are getting more benefits out of the Federal Govt. vs those who aren't paying anything in FIT? that is illogical. If those are getting any benfits they are getting it for free whereas the rich are paying for it.

Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •