Page 45 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #441
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I worked for Tektronix Inc., Beaverton, Oregon a public corporation.

    So you are retired living off a pension or 401k created by that public corporation that you now want to increase taxes on?

  2. #442
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You told the truth which has nothing to do with this thread topic or what obama is arguing. The issue is FIT and the fact remains approximately 65 plus million income earning Americans pay ZERO FIT yet liberals like you want to raise the income taxes on those who pay 38% of the tax revenue now. Make sense to you?

    When backed into a corner you claim changing the topic when the topic all along is FIT and raising taxes on the rich.
    You're having a hard time aren't you? What exactly does raising taxes on the rich have to do with how the poor and middle class are taxed? That's just a diversion tossed in to detract from the fact that the rich are the best group to increase taxes on right now. They aren't hurting. They don't need a break. The poor need jobs and the middle class is shrink from a lack of jobs.

    In a room full of starving people, you're defending the fat person with all of the food.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    And I think it's the best option we have available. You blather on like the rich are going to be in some danger if they're income tax is increased by a few percentages. That's plain ole stupid.
    Those taxes raised by turning on 'the rich' will never come close to meeting the deficits this administration is creating. It's a smoke scene designed to turn American against American and off his own incompetence.

    The adults will just have to win the next election, because a great deal depends on it.

  4. #444
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    You're having a hard time aren't you? What exactly does raising taxes on the rich have to do with how the poor and middle class are taxed? That's just a diversion tossed in to detract from the fact that the rich are the best group to increase taxes on right now. They aren't hurting. They don't need a break. The poor need jobs and the middle class is shrink from a lack of jobs.

    In a room full of starving people, you're defending the fat person with all of the food.
    The poor and many of the middle class are paying ZERO Federal Income taxes and that is the point. If someone earns income in this country they should be paying something in FIT before raising the taxes on those paying the most. I am NOT in that top tax bracket but know the lack of fairness when I see it. Who are you to tell someone else what they need or don't need? Where is your outrage over how the trillions sent to the bureaucrats being wasted?

  5. #445
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you are retired living off a pension or 401k created by that public corporation that you now want to increase taxes on?
    I earned the money, do you have a problem with that?

    Oregon has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the nation. Nike was born and lives here, Intel has major facilities here and are building more as of this moment.


  6. #446
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The poor and many of the middle class are paying ZERO Federal Income taxes and that is the point. If someone earns income in this country they should be paying something in FIT before raising the taxes on those paying the most. I am NOT in that top tax bracket but know the lack of fairness when I see it. Who are you to tell someone else what they need or don't need? Where is your outrage over how the trillions sent to the bureaucrats being wasted?
    Now, that is class warfare!!!!
    They are not paying any FIT because of deductions, they have no TAXABLE INCOME!!!


  7. #447
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I earned the money, do you have a problem with that?

    Oregon has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the nation. Nike was born and lives here, Intel has major facilities here and are building more as of this moment.
    Not at all, so did most of the rich people, why do you have a problem with that? why is it you are more concerned about how much money someone else pays than how that money is spent by politicians? Why would you want more going to the politicians that created the 14.6 trillion dollar debt?

  8. #448
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Now, that is class warfare!!!!
    They are not paying any FIT because of deductions, they have no TAXABLE INCOME!!!
    Try to comprehend this statement

    If someone earns income in this country they should be paying something in FIT before raising the taxes on those paying the most.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try to comprehend this statement
    Why? There are reasons why lower level earns don't pay. Do you know what they are?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #450
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really, we are promoting class warfare? You don't see any Conservative calling for raising taxes on a particular group but instead saying that the tax rates should be fair for all, not one group paying 38% and another paying zero.

    Overall taxes? That is the liberal spin now when they realize they are losing the argument. FIT is what funds most of the Federal Govt and I have listed the line items. 65 million working Americans don't fund those functions. Other taxes are mostly state and local taxes. Still waiting for your definition of fair including is ZERO FIT fair? Then tell me what happens to state tax revenue when the Federal Govt. raises taxes on one group of taxpayers? Think those people won't be looking for a lower tax state to move to?
    Rasing it would be fair. As I have noted for you before, the wealthy benefit most from government. So, it is fair that they pay more. And that is not class warfare anymore than a customer who gets more service pays for more service.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 45 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •