Page 44 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #431
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    This is hilarious, as usual Jon Stewart hits the nail on the proverbial head.

    Jon Stewart Grieves For America's 'Endangered' Millionaires (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire


  2. #432
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Two things...

    1 - I never mentioned income tax. You're free to abuse that particular strawman all you like. It has nothing to do with my statement.
    2 - You're lying when you claim half of us do not pay anything. In fact, it's a bold face lie. You should be embarrassed.

    What I presented was simple and direct. 5% of the population are doing fine and dandy while the remaining 95% are stuggling. We also have a massive deficit. We can cut jobs and make it even harder for those in the 95% range to improve or we can tax the 5% a small amount more to make up the difference. In my view the better option would be to tax the 5% who aren't struggling at all to make up the difference so the 95% can be in a better position to improve the entire countries economy. Something that 5% aren't currently doing because they can't generating the necessary demand to start the any movement... and based on the current situation, are not willing to do it.

    Pick your poison.
    You ought to be the one ashamed as this thread is about FIT and that is what Obama wants to raise on the rich. It does appear that like far too many liberals you don't seem to understand what funds the Federal Govt so let me help you, Federal Income Taxes and Corporate income taxes, NOT FICA(payroll taxes that fund SS and Medicare), state and local taxes which fund state and local expenses including the schools, police, and fire departments, exise taxes which fund roads and infrastructure.

    What you are pointing out is that you don't have a clue what taxes fund and what Obama is proposing but you buy his rhetoric.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    This is hilarious, as usual Jon Stewart hits the nail on the proverbial head.

    Jon Stewart Grieves For America's 'Endangered' Millionaires (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire
    Do you think this country was built on the class warfare against the Rich?

  4. #434
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Cite specifics of that class war? I don't see people in the streets protesting those who don't pay any FIT? You continue to complain that we have a revenue problem but fail to offer the definition of fair share or how much raising the taxes on those evil rich people will generate for the govt? Wonder when Buffett is going to pay his billion dollars in back taxes since you support his claim that taxes should be raised on the rich?
    Who is calling the rich evil besides you, Con?


  5. #435
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think this country was built on the class warfare against the Rich?
    Have you ever heard of the Robber Barron era in the nineteen century? Are you anxious to see its return?


  6. #436
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Who is calling the rich evil besides you, Con?
    Why would you promote raising taxes on a group of people that wasn't evil? As I understand it, you are retired. Didn't you work for someone rich?

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Have you ever heard of the Robber Barron era in the nineteen century? Are you anxious to see its return?
    Who are the rich robbing from and why such jealousy on your part? Do you really think the rich and fund the liberal spending appetite? That is naive.

  8. #438
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You ought to be the one ashamed as this thread is about FIT and that is what Obama wants to raise on the rich.
    And I think it's the best option we have available. You blather on like the rich are going to be in some danger if they're income tax is increased by a few percentages. That's plain ole stupid.

    I have no reason to be ashamed because I told the truth and the other guy straight up lied. Unless of course you're willing to stand behind that lie. Are you?
    It does appear that like far too many liberals... blah blah blah...
    What you are pointing out is that you don't have a clue what taxes fund and what Obama is proposing but you buy his rhetoric.
    What you did was change the topic to avoid addressing what I stated. I get it. But in the future, please know that I'm aware of what you're doing and it won't work.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  9. #439
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would you promote raising taxes on a group of people that wasn't evil? As I understand it, you are retired. Didn't you work for someone rich?
    I worked for Tektronix Inc., Beaverton, Oregon a public corporation.


  10. #440
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    And I think it's the best option we have available. You blather on like the rich are going to be in some danger if they're income tax is increased by a few percentages. That's plain ole stupid.

    I have no reason to be ashamed because I told the truth and the other guy straight up lied. Unless of course you're willing to stand behind that lie. Are you?

    What you did was change the topic to avoid addressing what I stated. I get it. But in the future, please know that I'm aware of what you're doing and it won't work.
    You told the truth which has nothing to do with this thread topic or what obama is arguing. The issue is FIT and the fact remains approximately 65 plus million income earning Americans pay ZERO FIT yet liberals like you want to raise the income taxes on those who pay 38% of the tax revenue now. Make sense to you?

    When backed into a corner you claim changing the topic when the topic all along is FIT and raising taxes on the rich.

Page 44 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •