Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Sorry, but I'll take my own observations for over 30 years over a brochure linked to at a discussion board.
    I always love someone cherry picking one link; however, it is still possible you are wrong and the brochure is correct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I always love someone cherry picking one link; however, it is still possible you are wrong and the brochure is correct.
    True, and its also possible that you are an alien from Mars.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #143
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    True, and its also possible that you are an alien from Mars.
    Not really. Not equal at all. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might want to investigate corporate welfare more. I don't thiink you have it quite right.
    Yes I do have it right, the only corporate welfare in the form of checks is to the agriculture farmers who are paid to control supply. Everything else is tax deductions

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes I do have it right, the only corporate welfare in the form of checks is to the agriculture farmers who are paid to control supply. Everything else is tax deductions
    That would be incorrect. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes I do have it right, the only corporate welfare in the form of checks is to the agriculture farmers who are paid to control supply..
    yes, real free-market kinda stuff huh?

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but are you not the person who got a big refund for an amount greater than you paid in last year or possible the year before that one?
    You're definitely mistaken. I haven't received a single refund from the IRS, since I've owned my own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    pish. so what? a person making 250 k will be affected very little, really. it's the effective tax rate, silly.


    Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]
    10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
    15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
    25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
    28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
    33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
    35% on taxable income over $379,150.
    So what? So what if I can't afford to pay more taxes? What happened to looking out for the little guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    All I got to say is, that's a LOTTA money...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You must being doing something wrong to pay too much on 40K. When I was making that and less, I did better. And You might check with an accountant because here our business folks find all kinds of breaks (we help them here at the college).
    Aren't you the same guy that suggested we do away with all tax deductions and tax businesses on their gross revenue?



    Also, Obama has suggested ways in which small business can reduce their taxes, you might look that up as well.
    I gotta better idea. Why don't you post it for us, because I doubt Obama said anything like that, unless he was suggesting that businesses make less money which would be par for his dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •