Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1060

Thread: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

  1. #1011
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is one of the reasons I do not like you. I can take nothing you report at face value. You are untrustworthy.


    http://bit.ly/qtKm00Brownback, a Republican, also said that reforming the state's regulatory and legal framework for the agriculture industry would attract new investment to Kansas. He said his administration would soon announce proposals for lowering the top rate of the state income tax, The Topeka Capital Journal reported.
    Nothing in your post addresses the fact that even rightwing politicians support govt welfare for businesses
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #1012
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Your response in no way addresses my previous statement regarding imports and outsourcing. It amazes me when people attempt to substitute incoherent rants for an actual argument.
    What amazes me is people walking around in America a bad economy that seems to be getting worse and saying how great things are in America.

    Take off the rose collared glaases pal, the American economy is down, real estate is down, jobs are down.
    Maybe in D.C. and Wall street times are good well sometimes but on Main street?

    If any atempt to help stimulate this economy and create more jobs is blocked by either party there will be consequences.
    Which party helps the people on Main street is key.
    People on Main street vote.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #1013
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I would like to point to the fact that the U.S. has (by far) one of the most independent economies on the planet. Yes, we might import more than any other nation on a nominal basis, but such comparisons do not reflect the nature of trade. The U.S. imports less than 15% of GDP, which is far far less than any other industrial nation in the world outside of Japan. But when you take into consideration Japan's export sensitivity in regards to output, the U.S. enjoys a greater independence (that is not to say we are completely independent).

    So can the whole "we are exporting all our jobs" crowd cut the nonsense?
    NO, the US has one of the most interdependent economies on the planet. Our economy depends on trade. Without our ability to export goods, we would quickly go bankrupt. Without the importation of oil (as well as many raw goods) we would quickly go bankrupt
    Last edited by sangha; 10-02-11 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1014
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    And all you did was spew opinionated drivel which is not a valid substitute for a valid argument.



    It is a fact. Look up how much the U.S. imports as a % of their total output vs every other industrialized nation. The only country with a lower rate of imports is Japan; however, their consistent current account surplus suggests their economy is highly dependent on exports.
    Rate of imports is a meaningless #. We import most of our oil, and without that, we would go bankrupt quickly. Economics involves a lot more than pulling one # out of many

    An uninformed opinion is still uninformed
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #1015
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    What amazes me is people walking around in America a bad economy that seems to be getting worse and saying how great things are in America.
    Please show me exactly where i made the statement that "things are great in America"?

    Take off the rose collared glaases pal, the American economy is down, real estate is down, jobs are down.
    Maybe in D.C. and Wall street times are good well sometimes but on Main street?
    Strawman. I never said times are good.

    If any atempt to help stimulate this economy and create more jobs is blocked by either party there will be consequences.
    Which party helps the people on Main street is key.
    People on Main street vote.
    I don't believe you understand how these discussion boards work. If you do not wish to respond to my argument, then there is no need to hit the reply button and attempt to discuss something that has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.

    Economic stagnation at this point in time is given; attempting to use it as the premise of your argument makes absolutely ZERO sense.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #1016
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    NO, the US has one of the most interdependent economies on the planet. Our economy depends on trade. Without our ability to export goods, we would quickly go bankrupt. Without the importation of oil (as well as many raw goods) we would quickly go bankrupt
    I agree that we have a need to export and import, but it is frivolous to make the claim that all of our jobs are being outsourced. Yes, low skilled manufacturing jobs are being pushed overseas. This is a good thing though; do you really believe it makes our nation more competitive by preserving low skilled manufacturing?

    Do you oppose automation systems (or productivity enhancing systems) because they replace low skilled factory workers?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #1017
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Rate of imports is a meaningless #. We import most of our oil, and without that, we would go bankrupt quickly. Economics involves a lot more than pulling one # out of many

    An uninformed opinion is still uninformed
    How does this in any way address what was stated? Yeah..., we import oil. I'm not exactly sure how that negates ANYTHING i have posted in regards to the subject at hand.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #1018
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I agree that we have a need to export and import, but it is frivolous to make the claim that all of our jobs are being outsourced. Yes, low skilled manufacturing jobs are being pushed overseas. This is a good thing though; do you really believe it makes our nation more competitive by preserving low skilled manufacturing?

    Do you oppose automation systems (or productivity enhancing systems) because they replace low skilled factory workers?
    You said we are the "most independent economies". We are not.

    Afghanistan has a more independent economy than we do.

    And no one is making the argument that ALL of our jobs are being outsourced. Its called "rhetoric". Most people can recognize that.

    Also, many of the jobs that have been outsourced are NOT low skilled jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #1019
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    How does this in any way address what was stated? Yeah..., we import oil. I'm not exactly sure how that negates ANYTHING i have posted in regards to the subject at hand.
    You don't remember the argument that YOU made?

    You said our economy was very independent. It is not

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I would like to point to the fact that the U.S. has (by far) one of the most independent economies on the planet.
    Last edited by sangha; 10-02-11 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1020
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You said we are the "most independent economies". We are not.
    Based on what.... a gut feeling?

    A countries independence can be defined as (exports + imports)/GDP all within the same time span. In reality, the European economies are far more dependent than that of the U.S. The higher the ratio, the more dependent.

    Afghanistan has a more independent economy than we do.
    Again, based on a gut feeling?

    Also, many of the jobs that have been outsourced are NOT low skilled jobs.
    Source? Also, define many.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 10-02-11 at 07:25 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •