Page 75 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #741
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    according to the IRS, out of the nearly 237,000 households that reported more than a million dollars income, less than a single percentage point pay less than the average middle class household. The President was either wrong, or lying.
    Obama did not say anything that your numbers dispute, so you are either lying or wrong.

    actually, since we are talking about tax policy, we are discussing income brackets - which are groups. Unless you would recommend a separate income tax rate for every individual in America?
    Every individual pays a different effective tax rate, which is what the whole discussion is about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #742
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not on a 100,000 a year salary. FICA isn't collected on investment income. What does FICA have to do with anything here, it is a retirement contribution. If someone pays it all year so what, they get a check back when they retire from that fund.
    So you argue one the one hand that FICA is a farce and the money won't be there, and then you turn around and argue that it's like some kind of savings account? Interesting.

  3. #743
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I would imagine that Buffett had his FICA paid up around noonish on January 1st.
    Since you don't seem to understand SS not surprised at your statement. SS is a retirement supplement. Is it your contention that people shouldn't be paying into the SS fund and then get a check back from whom? SS payments were supposed to me that you were putting money aside for retirement, a foreign concept for many. Why you think differently is beyond me.

  4. #744
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So you argue one the one hand that FICA is a farce and the money won't be there, and then you turn around and argue that it's like some kind of savings account? Interesting.
    SS won't be there because "your" govt has taken your contribution and spent it on something other than SS or Medicare. This is just too easy and you don't seem to realize how foolish your argument is.

  5. #745
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since you don't seem to understand SS not surprised at your statement. SS is a retirement supplement. Is it your contention that people shouldn't be paying into the SS fund and then get a check back from whom? SS payments were supposed to me that you were putting money aside for retirement, a foreign concept for many. Why you think differently is beyond me.
    I didn't say I think differently. I was simply pointing out your inconsistent arguments.

  6. #746
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I didn't say I think differently. I was simply pointing out your inconsistent arguments.
    It is only inconsistent if you aren't following the argument I am making. SS has been spent on everything other than SS and that is why there is a shortfall there. Politicians have used that money so what do you want to do? Send them more money by raising taxes? You don't see a problem with that argument?

  7. #747
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is only inconsistent if you aren't following the argument I am making. SS has been spent on everything other than SS and that is why there is a shortfall there. Politicians have used that money so what do you want to do? Send them more money by raising taxes? You don't see a problem with that argument?
    Again, you can't square that statement with this statement: "What does FICA have to do with anything here, it is a retirement contribution. If someone pays it all year so what, they get a check back when they retire from that fund."

  8. #748
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, you can't square that statement with this statement: "What does FICA have to do with anything here, it is a retirement contribution. If someone pays it all year so what, they get a check back when they retire from that fund."
    Sorry, but I sure can, SS contributions directly come back to those that contributed, FIT never does

  9. #749
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but I sure can, SS contributions directly come back to those that contributed, FIT never does
    You just said that SS contributions have been spent on other things. How are they then directly coming back to those that contributed?

  10. #750
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but I sure can, SS contributions directly come back to those that contributed, FIT never does
    Except that they do not. The money goes into the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and used to pay for current retirees.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •