Page 73 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #721
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Rhetoric and spin, the tools for those who don't have facts and logic on their side.
    agreed, like pretending that earned income and investment income are the same or that FICA contributions/taxes are part of the income tax equation.

    do you believe that Buffett is spewing this (he is a proclaimed dem) for altruistic reasons?



  2. #722
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Libs tend to ignore reality in their desire to justify more class warfare and more taxes on the rich

    its actually 51% now that don't pay income taxes.

    and trying to use FICA or SS "Taxes" to justify this class warfare nonsense is idiotic as you noted
    Conservatives tend to eschew logic and facts and go strictly with overblown rhetoric.

    Again, see how easy this is? See how stupid it is?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #723
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why are you spending so much time cyberfellating the republicans?

    So how easy it is to make such a stupid argument and how easy it is to beat?
    Its in my self interest. Just like cyberfellating the dems is in Buffett's best interest

    and I am not engaged in any such worship or nonsense



  4. #724
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    payroll taxes were never intended to be either totally progressive or a general revenue tax

    its as as idiotic as saying that its wrong that say a drivers' license fee is not progressive

    FICA was never intended to be what it is now
    Exactly right, payroll taxes are SS and Medicare and have nothing to do with FIT nor should they. It is a bogus argument on the part of liberals who are filled with jealousy over what someone else makes and never feels others pay enough in taxes.

    How can anyone not understand payroll taxes?

  5. #725
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Conservatives tend to eschew logic and facts and go strictly with overblown rhetoric.

    Again, see how easy this is? See how stupid it is?
    You really have no room to talk given you bias. You whine about the right and yet I don't see the same thing when it comes from the factually challenged lefties. Or in your case, your claims about Buffett



  6. #726
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    agreed, like pretending that earned income and investment income are the same or that FICA contributions/taxes are part of the income tax equation.

    do you believe that Buffett is spewing this (he is a proclaimed dem) for altruistic reasons?
    No one claimed they are the exact same, only that they are both income. No one claimed that FICA is figures as part of income tax. Why can't you argue against what people are actually saying instead of making **** up?

    Neither you nor I know Buffett's motivations. The difference between you and I is that I am not claiming to know.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #727
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its in my self interest. Just like cyberfellating the dems is in Buffett's best interest

    and I am not engaged in any such worship or nonsense
    So because you cyberfellate, you assume every one does? That is pretty piss poor logic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #728
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really have no room to talk given you bias. You whine about the right and yet I don't see the same thing when it comes from the factually challenged lefties. Or in your case, your claims about Buffett
    You apparently missed where I called my own argument stupid. It was made entirely to show how stupid your argument is, since I formed it exactly on your own.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #729
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really have no room to talk given your bias. You whine about the right and yet I don't see the same thing when it comes from the factually challenged lefties...
    are you accusing Redress of having a double-standard against Conservatives?

  10. #730
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one claimed they are the exact same, only that they are both income. No one claimed that FICA is figures as part of income tax. Why can't you argue against what people are actually saying instead of making **** up?

    Neither you nor I know Buffett's motivations. The difference between you and I is that I am not claiming to know.
    Defend Buffett's dishonesty all you want

    the facts are as follows

    Buffett pays the highest rate of tax on like income

    FICA is not part of the federal income tax program and should play no role in it nor should FICA payments be used to recalculate the FIT for some



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •