Page 64 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #631
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it would be in his best interest. the uber rich benefit when there are high death taxes and income taxes. especially those who slurp the dem party. anyone who believes that he is that altruistic is foolish.

    and he has the power-unlike 99% of taxpayers to restructure his compensation to pay as little tax as possible

    what is funny is watching so many of the bash the rich losers (you are not one of them) cyber-fellate this man without having an clue as what motivates that clown
    Dead people are not taxed. Why? Because they're dead.


  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How in the hell do you know Warren Buffet is a liar? Does he make all of his income from capital gains?
    According to reports, his salary is 100K.

  3. #633
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How in the hell do you know Warren Buffet is a liar? Does he make all of his income from capital gains?
    You said he was talking ordinary. Don't you know what you posted? If he is talking Ordinary income then yes he is lying.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Really Con? Really? Do you understand the position that you are putting yourself in? Why would anyone put any credibility into anything that you post, when it is clear to everyone here that you posted an article that you never even read....simply because you read the headline and thought it would support your position. Perhaps this is an anomaly...but I have to think that it isn't, because if it was you would have simply admitted your mistake and moved on....instead you've done nothing but attempt to spin and deflect.

    If you post without knowing the content....then why should anyone take your posts seriously?
    You say a lot of words but never back them with data. My data comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and Treasury sites, all non partisan and all with actual data. You have offered nothing but rhetoric. I am more than willing to learn about the errors you claim I am making so I welcome you putting that data into context. It is 2011 now, you do realize that right?

  5. #635
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.
    Gee, I haven't seen that in a while. Is this the 499th or 500th time you have posted a version of this?


  6. #636
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it would be in his best interest. the uber rich benefit when there are high death taxes and income taxes. especially those who slurp the dem party. anyone who believes that he is that altruistic is foolish.

    and he has the power-unlike 99% of taxpayers to restructure his compensation to pay as little tax as possible

    what is funny is watching so many of the bash the rich losers (you are not one of them) cyber-fellate this man without having an clue as what motivates that clown
    So, in amongst all the rhetoric, you manage to not actually address my point, and you still have not shown where Buffett mentioned his secretary.

    Oh, and to claim it is to Buffett's benefit to have to pay more taxes is hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #637
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.
    This is what is called an evasion. If you want to talk about what Obama said, should you not read what he said? Some one was even nice enough to link those words.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #638
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Dead people are not taxed. Why? Because they're dead.
    What they earned is doubly taxed. its an abomination



  9. #639
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, in amongst all the rhetoric, you manage to not actually address my point, and you still have not shown where Buffett mentioned his secretary.

    Oh, and to claim it is to Buffett's benefit to have to pay more taxes is hilarious.
    Why does John Kerry want higher taxes? because he thinks paying more taxes is a tradeoff he is willing to make to gain more power.



  10. #640
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You say a lot of words but never back them with data. My data comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and Treasury sites, all non partisan and all with actual data. You have offered nothing but rhetoric. I am more than willing to learn about the errors you claim I am making so I welcome you putting that data into context. It is 2011 now, you do realize that right?
    These numbers come from BLS data. Notice all those jobs lost before the Bush recession was officially over in June 2009.


    Private sector jobs gains/losses

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2008 Gains/
    Loss
    4 -128 -87 -186 -240 -217 -265 -317 -434 -491 -787 -636
    2009 Gains/
    Loss
    -841 -721 -787 -773 -326 -438 -287 -215 -213 -250 -34 -102
    2010 Gains/
    Loss
    -42 -21 144 229 48 65 93 110 109 143 128 167
    2011 Gains/
    Loss
    94 261 219 241 99 75 156 17


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •