Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #51
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the more money you make, the higher a percentage of your income you should pay in taxes. why?

    because the more money you make, the more you can afford to pay in taxes.

    its simple logic. its common sense.
    Thunder, I got a thread ban on a post to you made on another thread. This isn't the first ban I got from a post to you therefore this will be my last post to you EVER. I don't have a lot of use for liberals who cannot stand to be challenged.

  2. #52
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why shouldn't the rich pay the FIT at the same rate as the middle class does?
    they do, the top one percent pay the highest effective rate and many in the middle class don't pay any income tax

    Like many you are ignorant of the fact that the richest taxpayers PAY THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE RATES ON LIKE INCOME



  3. #53
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    because the whiny wealthy deserve to be treated special.

    i mean honestly, they didn't get rich so that they would be treated like everyone else, right?

    that's rather dim DO you understand that some types of income are taxed at different rates than others?



  4. #54
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    He didn't only try to raise the top rate. He tried to raise it on everyone making $200k or more. This hardly billionare hedge fund managers that jet set around the globe in private jets. This is considered upper middle class in some cities in this country.
    Obumble loves bashing billionaires and screwing over those in the upper middle class.

    He's a lying POS



  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,067

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's rather dim DO you understand that some types of income are taxed at different rates than others?
    And therein lies the basic problem.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #56
    User Snevert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-13-11 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the more money you make, the higher a percentage of your income you should pay in taxes. why?

    because the more money you make, the more you can afford to pay in taxes.

    its simple logic. its common sense.
    I agree with you partially. This is generally true, yes. I don't think it's a matter of income, it's a matter of affordability. If someone who makes a million bucks a year but has $999,000 a year in expenses is gonna have a hard time paying taxes. I think we should tax the rich a lot more than we do now, but only the ones who don't spend their money hiring people or investing in other companies.
    The GOP National Committee should change their emblem from an elephant to a condom. A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects pricks, and gives one a sense of security and safety while screwing others.

  7. #57
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And therein lies the basic problem.
    Edify us to why Long term capital gains where inflation can severely impact "profits" should be taxed the same as salary income or why dividends-that are often taxed at the corporate level should be subjected to 35% tax rates TWICE?

    and its not a rational answer to whine that because the top 500 people in the country have only these lower taxed (LOL in the cases of dividends) income that is a sound argument to jack up the rates for everyone



  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Snevert View Post
    I agree with you partially. This is generally true, yes. I don't think it's a matter of income, it's a matter of affordability. If someone who makes a million bucks a year but has $999,000 a year in expenses is gonna have a hard time paying taxes. I think we should tax the rich a lot more than we do now, but only the ones who don't spend their money hiring people or investing in other companies.
    im more than confident that folks who make $1 million a year but have $999,000 in yearly-expenses, have some pretty decent deductions they can make in their FIT.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,067

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Edify us to why Long term capital gains where inflation can severely impact "profits" should be taxed the same as salary income or why dividends-that are often taxed at the corporate level should be subjected to 35% tax rates TWICE?

    and its not a rational answer to whine that because the top 500 people in the country have only these lower taxed (LOL in the cases of dividends) income that is a sound argument to jack up the rates for everyone
    we have been through the fallacy of double taxation ad nauseum and that has been smashed and trashed into oblivion.

    All INCOME going into a persons pocket regardless of the source should be taxed as INCOME. BIG Government should get out of the business of playing god and deciding which type of income is to be rewarded with more favorable and discriminatory rates. Any true conservative who wants to diminish the role of government in our lives should urge them to stop playing god with this part of the tax code.
    Last edited by haymarket; 09-19-11 at 09:16 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #60
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    we have been through the fallacy of double taxation ad nauseum and that has been smashed and trashed into oblivion.

    All INCOME going into a persons pocket regardless of the source should be taxed as INCOME. BIG Government should get out of the business of playing god and deciding which type of income is to be rewarded with more favorable and discriminatory rates.
    utter hypocrisy. You love the government playing god and punishing the successful with higher rates. If you really want even treatment there should be a flat rate on all income and all earners

    I can live with that-how about you?



Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •