Page 49 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #481
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sorry the millionaires pay too much and merely being able to pay more no longer has any validity. The rich are paying MORE Of the income tax share than they have in decades.

    Its slackers who demand more government who need to pay more

    from each according to their ability doesn't cut it

    and certainly what is pathetic is those who don't pay enough demanding others pay more

    its time to massively cut government even though that the dems will take a bath in winning elections
    The rich are paying more BECAUSE THEY ARE RICHER. Here's a thought: if you can't stand paying so much in taxes, give your f*cking employees a raise and let them pay the taxes.

  2. #482
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    was FICA supposed to be a progressive tax or rather a graduated payment?

    Look I realize this board mostly has those who don't pay their share of the tax burden and they want those who pay more of the tax burden than their share to pay even more

    its the mentality that fuels a demand for progressive income taxes. I understand what motivates such people

    but don't pretend its right just because there are more net tax consumers than net tax payers
    So when all your facts turn out to not be true, you are left with the same mindless rhetoric and insults.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What's the difference? Get over your envy and deal with the real issue, which is that we need to lower deficits and part of that is raising revenue. Millionaires can afford to pay more without affecting their lifestyles, unlike the middle class and poor. They are also among the very few who have actually prosphered throughout the Great Recession, AND they are paying at a FAR lower rate than they have since the 1940s. It's a no brainer.
    Where is your evidence that more revenue will me lower deficits? You continue to buy what this Administration tells you because that is what you want to hear. This Administration has yet to tell the truth on any economic issue.

  4. #484
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Still cannot rebut his arguments

    here maybe this will help
    The Buffett Bluff by Joseph Farah on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
    Which proves what? Why are you not linking to Buffetts words, when you claim to know them so well? Why are you falling back on blogs and editorials instead?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #485
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where is your evidence that more revenue will me lower deficits? You continue to buy what this Administration tells you because that is what you want to hear. This Administration has yet to tell the truth on any economic issue.
    Did you not study arithmetic in elementary school? Deficits = revenue - spending. Increase revenue and you lower deficits, all else being equal.

  6. #486
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    was FICA supposed to be a progressive tax or rather a graduated payment?

    Look I realize this board mostly has those who don't pay their share of the tax burden and they want those who pay more of the tax burden than their share to pay even more

    its the mentality that fuels a demand for progressive income taxes. I understand what motivates such people

    but don't pretend its right just because there are more net tax consumers than net tax payers
    Actually you are wrong. One of my main concerns is something called marginal utility. Also I'm not to fond of living in a plutocracy and or oligarchy.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So when all your facts turn out to not be true, you are left with the same mindless rhetoric and insults.
    truer words have not been spoken in a long, long time.

  8. #488
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did you not study arithmetic in elementary school? Deficits = revenue - spending. Increase revenue and you lower deficits, all else being equal.
    Has that ever happened in U.S. History with regards to the govt? Pretty naive if you ask me.

  9. #489
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    was FICA supposed to be a progressive tax or rather a graduated payment?

    Look I realize this board mostly has those who don't pay their share of the tax burden and they want those who pay more of the tax burden than their share to pay even more

    its the mentality that fuels a demand for progressive income taxes. I understand what motivates such people

    but don't pretend its right just because there are more net tax consumers than net tax payers
    It's over TD dry your eyes and enjoy the fruits of your labor, 30 years of the rich stealing from the middle class and poor is coming to an end. 2012 will be the end of the party of no they will lose both houses and the white house

  10. #490
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    It's over TD dry your eyes and enjoy the fruits of your labor, 30 years of the rich stealing from the middle class and poor is coming to an end. 2012 will be the end of the party of no they will lose both houses and the white house
    Thanks for the laugh at the end of the evening as I know that is your purpose, to come into the forum, make wild accusations and then get a response. This is an act, no question about it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •