Page 44 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #431
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You just never stop spinning do you? Your article is not comparing the percentage of total taxes paid of the total income earned.
    sorry to bust your bubble but its about income taxes at the federal level

    not state taxes not gasoline taxes, not excise taxes on firearms or booze, not property taxes



  2. #432
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You just never stop spinning do you? Your article is not comparing the percentage of total taxes paid of the total income earned.
    What business is it of yours as to how much someone else makes and what percentage of that is paid in Taxes? The article points out that those evil rich people pay a higher percentage in taxes and obviously a lot more in taxes than anyone else. Obama is simply a liar.

  3. #433
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    This year, households making more than $1 million will pay an average of 29.1 percent of their income in federal taxes, including income taxes, payroll taxes and other taxes, according to the Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank.
    Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay an average of 15 percent of their income in federal taxes.
    Lower-income households will pay less. For example, households making between $40,000 and $50,000 will pay an average of 12.5 percent of their income in federal taxes. Households making between $20,000 and $30,000 will pay 5.7 percent.
    The latest IRS figures are a few years older and limited to federal income taxes but show much the same thing. In 2009, taxpayers who made $1 million or more paid on average 24.4 percent of their income in federal income taxes, according to the IRS.
    Those making $100,000 to $125,000 paid on average 9.9 percent in federal income taxes. Those making $50,000 to $60,000 paid an average of 6.3 percent

    Obama is a lying prick is what the truth is
    And again, irrelevant comparisons are irrelevant. It is not what the average pays, but what individuals pay. And you know this. Averages are for the most part meaningless. Here is what Obama actually said, from the AP article:

    "Warren Buffett's secretary shouldn't pay a higher tax rate than Warren Buffett. There is no justification for it," Obama said as he announced his deficit-reduction plan this week. "It is wrong that in the United States of America, a teacher or a nurse or a construction worker who earns $50,000 should pay higher tax rates than somebody pulling in $50 million."
    Notice that he is not talking about averages, he is talking about individuals, and in some cases, he is absolutely correct.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #434
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does Iraq have to do with the current economic conditions, 25 million plus unemployed and under employed, and the 4 trillion Obama has added to the debt?

    The Iraq war was a large (and the most wasteful) chunk of our national debt that you like to complain about. At least the money Obama spent was to help our own citizens that are hurting. Also, your 4 trillion figure is inaccurate. You are crediting him with some of the obligations made by Bush.

    Please list for us the items that you claim Obama spent $ 4 trillion on?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #435
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And again, irrelevant comparisons are irrelevant. It is not what the average pays, but what individuals pay. And you know this. Averages are for the most part meaningless. Here is what Obama actually said, from the AP article:



    Notice that he is not talking about averages, he is talking about individuals, and in some cases, he is absolutely correct.
    so how is the moron in chief going to determine what the "middle class" pays and then task individual wealthy people to PAY the SAME Rate

    its moronic his plan

    and its moronic to believe that people making 50K a year are paying a higher effective income tax rate than someone making billions
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 09-20-11 at 11:07 PM.



  6. #436
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    the tax bracket for someone making 50K a year is 25%

    the tax bracket for someone who makes 50 million is 35% but if ALL of their money is capital gains its 15%

    but they pay an effective rate of 15% because that starts very early in their total income

    the effective rate on someone making 50K a year (and that assumes no deductions whatsover) is far less than 25%

    that is why buffett is dishonest. He is talking about the next marginal dollar rather on non like income because someone making 50K a year in Long Term capital gains is paying a far lower rate and a lower marginal rate



  7. #437
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so how is the moron in chief going to determine what the "middle class" pays and then task individual wealthy people to PAY the SAME Rate

    its moronic his plan

    and its moronic to believe that people making 50K a year are paying a higher effective income tax rate than someone making billions
    Again, depends on the individual situation. It is moronic to use averages to decide what is true with individuals(yet the WSJ did so), and it is moronic to claim some one who is technically correct is actually lying.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ..and its moronic to believe that people making 50K a year are paying a higher effective income tax rate than someone making billions
    what evidence do you have that Buffett is lying?

  9. #439
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The Iraq war was a large (and the most wasteful) chunk of our national debt that you like to complain about. At least the money Obama spent was to help our own citizens that are hurting. Also, your 4 trillion figure is inaccurate. You are crediting him with some of the obligations made by Bush.

    Please list for us the items that you claim Obama spent $ 4 trillion on?
    I understand your attitude towards the Iraq War as obviously you had family there or some friends for why else would you be so upset over something that happened 8 years ago. Between the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars the cost according to the Treasury was 1.4 trillion over 10 years or 140 billion a year so instead of 14.5 trillion debt without both wars it would be 13.1 trillion. Now of course Afghanistan is the "good" war therefore that has to be added back onto the 13.1 trillion debt so looks to me like your outrage is misguided. By the way I had three family members in Iraq and they believe we did the right thing, but nothing is going to change your mind.

    As for the 4 trillion, the 2009, 2010, 2011 deficits total 4 trillion dollars. You can find out by going to the U.S. Treasury site and look at the budgets.

  10. #440
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what evidence do you have that Buffett is lying?
    easy, the effective rate on 60K is lower than the 18% or so effective rate Buffett pays.

    he also pays 35% on salary income which is higher than the 25% marginal rate she pays on hers and his effective rate on that is close to 35% while hers is much lower



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •