Page 28 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #271
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I oppose giving the government that power

    if you earn a million you should be able to give it to whom you want and the envious, the parasitic and the utopian pillowheads should be denied any say in what you do with it
    Of course you can give your money away, but the parasite who receives it should pay hefty taxes on the unearned income.

  2. #272
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are 100% wrong.

    As an American citizen, I have every right to have an opinion about matters of taxation. And this is one of them. I have a perfect legal right to lobby my legislators to enact laws putting my opinion on such matters into law.
    You have no moral right to demand that others' wealth be taken from them when you don't risk the same taxation

    yes you can vote for parasitic government and you do but its morally disgusting

    another reason why there should be no estate tax, it panders to the envious who are mad that they don't have wealthy parents and think that no one else should so benefit

    that tax is nothing more than pandering-it doesn't even raise that much tax and its compliance cost is higher than what it generates. it is economically inefficient and exists merely because special interests (dem politicians, estate planners and tax lawyers) want it



  3. #273
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Of course you can give your money away, but the parasite who receives it should pay hefty taxes on the unearned income.
    why because you say so

    envy again



  4. #274
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And therein lies the fundamental conservative hypocrisy. So many of them turn a blind eye to the extraordinary advantages they enjoy through no effort of their own and then throw dirt on those who came into life two strikes against them.

    Uh you are wrong as usual. I don't throw dirt, I just note I have no proper duty in being forced to pay for the lot of others whose situation I have nothing to do with



  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You have no moral right to demand that others' wealth be taken from them when you don't risk the same taxation

    yes you can vote for parasitic government and you do but its morally disgusting

    another reason why there should be no estate tax, it panders to the envious who are mad that they don't have wealthy parents and think that no one else should so benefit

    that tax is nothing more than pandering-it doesn't even raise that much tax and its compliance cost is higher than what it generates. it is economically inefficient and exists merely because special interests (dem politicians, estate planners and tax lawyers) want it
    Moral right?!?!?!? I do not know what that means in the context of a discussion about taxation.

    Can you explain it?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You have no moral right to demand that others' wealth be taken from them when you don't risk the same taxation..
    its been this way for how many years? almost a hundred?

    its the way of the world, and it ain't gonna change.

  7. #277
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why because you say so

    envy again
    Envy.

    Why? Because there is a need for tax revenue, and it's only fair that UNEARNED income should be taxed at least as stringently as earned income.

  8. #278
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    jealous much?

    when you rant about heirs as you do its obvious you are upset that others have more industrious parents

    are your children parasites?
    This is what is going to happen, the folks who have gotten rich on the backs of the middle class and poor for the last 30 years are going to have to give some of it back

  9. #279
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Uh you are wrong as usual. I don't throw dirt, I just note I have no proper duty in being forced to pay for the lot of others whose situation I have nothing to do with
    Of course you have a duty, given that you had so many advantages that they didn't, through no effort of your own.

  10. #280
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Envy.

    Why? Because there is a need for tax revenue, and it's only fair that UNEARNED income should be taxed at least as stringently as earned income.
    Income should not be taxed

    consumption should be

    that would prevent all the envious from slaking their hatred of the people more industrious than they are from voting for idiots who promise them to oppress the wealthy



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •