Page 23 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #221
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you seem to forget that the right is with the person who owned and earned the money. You have no right to an inheritance but once it is bequeathed others have no right to whine about what an earner chose to give you
    others have no right to whine about what an earner chose to give you...

    Wow.

    Isn't there, like, an amendment or something...

  2. #222
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you seem to forget that the right is with the person who owned and earned the money.
    Why? Because you say so? I could as easily say the the right is with population as a whole.

  3. #223
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It doesn't work? Really? Because it sure seemed to work better when we had more of it between WWII and the late 1960s -- the golden age of this country in many ways.

    But your idea of the poor paying more because they need more is pure brilliance.
    Why don't you go ahead and tell us what the population was in the late 1960s compared to what it is now. And then when you are done with that, you should also fill us all in on the percentage of immigrants and illegal immigrants there are now in the US compared to the late 1960's. I bet you find an answer to our economic woes in there somewhere, and it has nothing to do with shaking down rich people I gurantee it.

  4. #224
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is just pathetic and it oozes envy. you appear to be mad that you didn't have industrious or productive parents. You have no right to the wealth no matter how much you try to justify it. You didn't earn it, so quit whining
    What a stupidly weak response. That fact that someone's parents or grandparents were industrious does not give them a right to unearned income.

  5. #225
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Why? Because you say so? I could as easily say the the right is with population as a whole.
    those who want to take others' wealth go to great lengths to justify it. bottom line you are just envious that others had more industrious parents than you do

    do you have any children Adam?



  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    parasites cost me money. rich heirs do not. I don't praise heirs but they don't cost me
    the "parasites" are the ones who do the hard labor that creates the wealth that makes the rich....rich.

    without the "parasites", there would be no wealthy people in the USA.

  7. #227
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Why don't you go ahead and tell us what the population was in the late 1960s compared to what it is now. And then when you are done with that, you should also fill us all in on the percentage of immigrants and illegal immigrants there are now in the US compared to the late 1960's. I bet you find an answer to our economic woes in there somewhere, and it has nothing to do with shaking down rich people I gurantee it.
    What on earth do either of those have to do with the fact that we have a far less progressive tax system now than we had between WWII and the late 1960s (or the the early 1980s for that matter)? Were Truman and Eisenhower EuroSocialists?

  8. #228
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    So what you are saying then is that if your rich mother dies, that the rest of the world should get everything that she worked for? You are sitting on the fence arguing one point from one side and another point from the other side. There are people that work hard, and there are people that inherit from people that work hard. If I want to give what I earn to my children that is my right and it is not your right to make things difficult for them simply because you are jealous.
    Tell me. Exactly what fence am I sitting on?

  9. #229
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What a stupidly weak response. That fact that someone's parents or grandparents were industrious does not give them a right to unearned income.
    How does it give you a greater right

    you are just spewing envious nonsense



  10. #230
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    those who want to take others' wealth go to great lengths to justify it. bottom line you are just envious that others had more industrious parents than you do

    do you have any children Adam?
    You have no idea how industrious my parents and you are trying to make this personal because you don't have a logical argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •