Page 200 of 205 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1991
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I know you're not talking to me, but...
    When those corporations are allowed special rights and privileges that other citizens do not have. I don't think there is any contract stating that once a company goes from sole ownership, or dual partnership, to corporate, they owe a debt to society, no. My problem is, why allow a business that has gone corporate to be limited liability? It's absurd. Corporations, in addition to having minimized liability for their products, actions, and services, also pay vastly reduced tax rates on payroll, unemployment, and insurance. Now, you can make the claim of "buying bulk", but I can make the same claim of "buying bulk" with health insurance, ala obama care. Legal liability is not something you buy in bulk, for reductions. Taxes are not something you should pay less of, just because you have a higher tax liability. You talk about fare and equal treatment when it's the wealthy who are threatened with higher taxes and such, well, here's a chance to put your money where your mouth is. Fare and equal means for EVERYONE. Including businesses of a certain size. If you want to learn more about the legal differences between sole owner, partner, or corporate, I implore you do so, then you can have a much better understanding of what some people are crying foul about.
    Sorry, but you have a very misguided view of corporations as they do not have special rights and priviledges that individuals don't have as any one that incorporates has those same rights. What is a corporation other than a legal entity? How many times do you want to tax a corporation? Corporations can be sued and are sued almost daily so not sure where you get the idea that they aren't

  2. #1992
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but you have a very misguided view of corporations as they do not have special rights and priviledges that individuals don't have as any one that incorporates has those same rights. What is a corporation other than a legal entity? How many times do you want to tax a corporation? Corporations can be sued and are sued almost daily so not sure where you get the idea that they aren't
    Well I wouldn't call it rights or privileges, but they definitely do have regulatory laws which stop them from ruining our world.

  3. #1993
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    As has been pointed out the recession wasn't created by Bush alone and Obama was part of that Congress. In addition the 2009 budget was passed almost entirely with Democrat votes including Obama's. Then Obama put the Department heads in place to spend the money and make the economic policies that have generated the results we have today. You continue to give him a pass while blaming everything on Bush. That shows just how partisan and biased you really are.
    The recession was caused by mostly Republican policies and was the result of those policies from years prior to 2007. Nothing the Democrats did or didn't do in 2007-2008 caused it. The economy collapsed froom the multitude of toxic loans written years earlier. That was the time to do something about it. By 2007, the damage was done, the housing market had already begun collapsing the year prior while Republicans were still in charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    By your own standards then how did Bush lose all those jobs. If the govt. cannot create them the President cannot lose them?
    Dayam, Conservative, talk about spin ... that is your standard, not mine. I believe the government can create jobs. How the hell do you ascribe your standards onto me and then tell me I'm the one who's wrong??

    :

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    The fact is you are wrong, Govt. sets the policy that affects job creation by the private sector. You don't have a clue how the private sector works and have been brainwashed by an ideology that is a failure. All you do is divert from the failures of this Administration to continue to focus on the past.
    Yet more BS? I have shown you how every term for every Republican president except for Reagan since Hoover saw the unemployment rate rise; compared to every term for every Democrat president where the unemployment rate never rose. That you think Conservatives know how to drive the economy better than Liberals only speaks to you devotion to your ideology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You love using that term when liberalism is totally based upon lies and distortions.
    That too is BS. Whenever I claim you are lying about something, I back up my accusation with facts. That's usually the point when you retreat to your talking points. That is not an allegation I make lightly and there is no one else on the forum I have said that about. You, on the other hand, are pathological and it's been well documented on here.

  4. #1994
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I hope you are sending your tax cuts back to the Federal Govt. since that is where you believe all the problems are solved.
    Why would anyone pay more taxes than are required, that's just plain stupid?

    (Get you whacks in early since this thread is so close to the 2K mark. Redress is likely to put this thread out of it's misery when she logs into DP today. }


  5. #1995
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    BTW, if Obama's campaign slogan was "Change", WTF was he wanting to change?

  6. #1996
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Well I wouldn't call it rights or privileges, but they definitely do have regulatory laws which stop them from ruining our world.
    So what? where is your outrage over the govt. running wild and ruining our country? Govt has done more harm over the past 30 years than any corporation but they are easy targets and a great diversion for liberals.

  7. #1997
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    BTW, if Obama's campaign slogan was "Change", WTF was he wanting to change?
    Tone in Washington, no lobbyists, transparency. He lied.

  8. #1998
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why would anyone pay more taxes than are required, that's just plain stupid?
    Why is it stupid? If people have more than they need it seems perfectly acceptable for them to voluntarily pay more. Noblesse Oblige.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #1999
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,323

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    When those corporations are allowed special rights and privileges that other citizens do not have. I don't think there is any contract stating that once a company goes from sole ownership, or dual partnership, to corporate, they owe a debt to society, no.
    However, Thunder, which you may, or may not agree with used the language, "if corporations are not going to even attempt to work towards the greater good of our society ALONG with making money, then **** them." I was asking what obligation corporations have in this regard....It makes me wonder if people railing against corporations today even know what a corporation is.

    My problem is, why allow a business that has gone corporate to be limited liability? It's absurd.
    One reason could very well be that in the shift from an industrial manufacturing base, to a service based economy, in a country that levy's one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, there needs to be incentive for these businesses to remain in the US.

    Corporations, in addition to having minimized liability for their products, actions, and services, also pay vastly reduced tax rates on payroll, unemployment, and insurance.
    Can you draw a comparison between say a corporation doing business in the US say, and one in Canada doing similar business and their total tax liability?

    Now, you can make the claim of "buying bulk", but I can make the same claim of "buying bulk" with health insurance, ala obama care.
    As far as Obamacare goes, all you have to date is speculation. No one knows exactly how this will effect business, however, most businesses are finding that it will be negative, that is the reason for so many waivers.

    Legal liability is not something you buy in bulk, for reductions.
    Huh? what does that even mean?

    Taxes are not something you should pay less of, just because you have a higher tax liability.
    Again, this dichotomy makes no sense...Ofcourse, anyone, business, or personal, why should anyone not try and reduce their tax bill if they do it in a legal way?

    You talk about fare and equal treatment when it's the wealthy who are threatened with higher taxes and such, well, here's a chance to put your money where your mouth is. Fare and equal means for EVERYONE. Including businesses of a certain size.
    Fair, not 'fare' I assume is what you meant...However, What do you consider "Fair" when we have 47% in this country paying nothing?

    If you want to learn more about the legal differences between sole owner, partner, or corporate, I implore you do so, then you can have a much better understanding of what some people are crying foul about.
    Are you in business? Do you have a degree in business? I am not questioning your bona fides, why are you questioning mine? Is it that two people can not have a conversation without being MBA's?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #2000
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tone in Washington, no lobbyists, transparency. He lied.
    Lobbyist can be good. The ones that are bad are the ones that are payed millions of dollars by big corporations. The intention of lobbyist was used and is abused by our current system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •