Page 20 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #191
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are just making that stuff up

    but the top one percent pay 13 Times the income taxes as the bottom 50%. DO you claim that the top 1% use 13 TIMES AS MUCH GOVERNMENT SERVICES as the bottom 50%?
    The top four HUNDRED earners, let alone the top 1%, have the equivalent net worth of the bottom 50%.

  2. #192
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    For all the bitching Republicans do about taxes, I would think that they would be happy that nearly half the people pay no income taxes. Instead, they bitch and complain that people are not paying enough in taxes. You just can't win with some people.

    If they want to blame someone for this, then blame Reagan. Ronald Reagan made the decision in 1986 to exempt people with incomes below the poverty line from federal income tax.
    It is amazing how the ignorant are good at only one thing. Twisting reality. The republicans are not bitching about taxes, they are bitching about spending. They are also pointing out that taxing the rich is a stupid idea. Not only would it not even dent the debt situation but the rich would just leave pinning the burdon on the middle class more than you feel it is now. Instead of just being in a blind rage over your lack of comprehension as to what is occuring around you, sit down, shut up and learn something.
    Last edited by Smokified; 09-19-11 at 11:20 PM.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ..and jealousy does have much to do with some of these posts
    accusing people of jealousy and envy is not gonna win this argument.

  4. #194
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    accusing people of jealousy and envy is not gonna win this argument.
    What if we throw in "class warfare" and "socialist". Does that win the day?

  5. #195
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The top four HUNDRED earners, let alone the top 1%, have the equivalent net worth of the bottom 50%.
    That is irrelevant to this argument and is also irrelevant in a free market society. If you want a piece of everyone's pie you can always move to China or Russia.

  6. #196
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    accusing people of jealousy and envy is not gonna win this argument.
    You have yet to even pose an argument, and not posing an argument is not going to win one either.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    That is irrelevant to this argument and is also irrelevant in a free market society....
    Good thing we don't live in a free-market society, now do we?

  8. #198
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    That is irrelevant to this argument and is also irrelevant in a free market society. If you want a piece of everyone's pie you can always move to China or Russia.
    If you want to live in a 100% free market society you better go start one somewhere, because there's no such thing on this earth. Nor would it last long if there was.

  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The top four HUNDRED earners, let alone the top 1%, have the equivalent net worth of the bottom 50%.
    so what? they sure don't use as much

    You keep forgetting that the from each according to their ability nonsense doesn't work

    and its a tax on income and the rich pay a far higher share of the income tax than their share of the income while the bottom 50% pay a far lower share of the income tax than their share of the income

    the bottom 50% use far more,

    If they cannot pay more for what they use than they ought to use less and they certainly should not be voting for higher rates for others



  10. #200
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    That is irrelevant to this argument and is also irrelevant in a free market society. If you want a piece of everyone's pie you can always move to China or Russia.
    I love this attitude. If you don't like the status quo with wealth distribution, you are communist. Myself, I feel that one's wealth should be based on one's skills/ability, and the effort they expend. That is to say, you should earn it. If you are better at something compared to someone else, you should earn more money than that person. If you work harder than someone else, all else equal, you should also make more money. Yet, somehow, this makes me a communist? (It is true, I don't think wealth or success should be a birthright. If that makes me a communist, a communist I am.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •