Page 190 of 205 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1891
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You have such a unique argument style. In retort, you offer no new facts nor do you do anything to better support or explain your original assertion. Instead, you simply YELL and insult. Though this is the modus operandi of Fox News, its not a winning strategy in too many debate circles.

    I did have a problem with your original fact: It is not 47% of Income Earners, its 47% of households (Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance) and (Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer. - NYTimes.com).

    Income earners are a subset of households. As I pointed out, the pool of persons not paying income tax includes those living only on social security, the unemployed and the entrepreneur, whose business is not yet in the black. These people have no taxable income... moreover, you also fail to understand that our income tax system does not now, nor has it ever, taxed dollar one of income. It taxes discretionary income. The fact is, that only half of US households have discretionary income. In fact, from 2007 to 2009, the percentage of households not paying FIT

    That is just arguing FIT. Personally, I think the distinction between FIT and taxes is general is beyond moot. Very few people really understand what tax pays for what anyway. In fact, in Washington, they have used payroll taxes to make up the shortfall caused by income tax cuts...so arguing there is much of a distinction is rapidly evolving into an irrelevant academic exercise. All in, we have a flat tax system with just about everyone paying 25%.
    You're aruging sound reasoning and common sense against someone capable only of arguing talking points.

  2. #1892
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're aruging sound reasoning and common sense against someone capable only of arguing talking points.
    That's not true - I've seen you use logic before and even factual information (albiet you're use of statistics and numbers are well known to be suspect).
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #1893
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you have a problem with basic facts, Federal Income taxes fund the major portion of the Federal Govt. period and that is what 47% of the INCOME EARNERS aren't paying. Get back to me when you figure that out? Do you think that lower income people should pay something to the govt? There are over 65 million WORKING Americans paying nothing. Imagine $100 or more a year from those 65 million. Until you address that reality none of your charts have any meaning.
    The fact is that it's not just low income earners who pay no FIT, there are millionaires who have paid no FITeither. Anyone who has no taxable income after taking their legal deductions pay won't have FIT bill.

    Here is the tax table for 2011:


    2011
    Married Filing Jointly Married Filing Separately Single Head of Household
    Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets
    Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over
    10.0% $0 $17,000 10.0% $0 $8,500 10.0% $0 $8,500 10.0% $0 $12,150
    15.0% $17,000 $69,000 15.0% $8,500 $34,500 15.0% $8,500 $34,500 15.0% $12,150 $46,250
    25.0% $69,000 $139,350 25.0% $34,500 $69,675 25.0% $34,500 $83,600 25.0% $46,250 $119,400
    28.0% $139,350 $212,300 28.0% $69,675 $106,150 28.0% $83,600 $174,400 28.0% $119,400 $193,350
    33.0% $212,300 $379,150 33.0% $106,150 $189,575 33.0% $174,400 $379,150 33.0% $193,350 $379,150
    35.0% $379,150 - 35.0% $189,575 - 35.0% $379,150 - 35.0% $379,150 -


  4. #1894
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Which is a cake walk compared to a financial recession marred by vicious deleveraging cycle. Even the savings and loans crisis was a far more damaging than an economic downturn manufactured by then Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volker.



    source
    Sorry, but I lived and worked during both and don't have any faith in what economists say but instead what the real people are feeling. When people had to pay 17.5% for a home mortage and had double digit inflation they were throwing the keys at the bankers. Today people think it is a depression when they don't get their IPAD. More importantly Reagan had a policy in place that got us out of the Malaise and Obama's policies have made things worse. There is no incentive now on the part of business to hire people and in fact the Obama Administration is a disincentive for private business to hire regardless of what your economists claim.

  5. #1895
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Great. Close the loopholes. On everyone, and count capital gains as the income that it is, and enact a flat tax. I'd be in favor of that. No loopholes = everyone pays their fair share. Not that you'd be in favor of that when you saw the reality of that.

    So what's so great about the 2008 spending? Wasn't it out of control then? Or was everything magical and wonderful because the President was a Republican?
    What was great about the 2008 spending is that it didn't include TARP and the Obama Stimulus. That is where I would start and then deduct the winddown of the Iraq War from that budget and start cutting from there.

  6. #1896
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You have such a unique argument style. In retort, you offer no new facts nor do you do anything to better support or explain your original assertion. Instead, you simply YELL and insult. Though this is the modus operandi of Fox News, its not a winning strategy in too many debate circles.

    I did have a problem with your original fact: It is not 47% of Income Earners, its 47% of households (Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance) and (Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer. - NYTimes.com).

    Income earners are a subset of households. As I pointed out, the pool of persons not paying income tax includes those living only on social security, the unemployed and the entrepreneur, whose business is not yet in the black. These people have no taxable income... moreover, you also fail to understand that our income tax system does not now, nor has it ever, taxed dollar one of income. It taxes discretionary income. The fact is, that only half of US households have discretionary income. In fact, from 2007 to 2009, the percentage of households not paying FIT

    That is just arguing FIT. Personally, I think the distinction between FIT and taxes is general is beyond moot. Very few people really understand what tax pays for what anyway. In fact, in Washington, they have used payroll taxes to make up the shortfall caused by income tax cuts...so arguing there is much of a distinction is rapidly evolving into an irrelevant academic exercise. All in, we have a flat tax system with just about everyone paying 25%.

    The article is quite clear and all these people earn income and if they paid $5 a week that is better than what they are doing now. You need to figure out what funds the FEDERAL GOVT. and why income earners at any level don't pay any FIT. Eliminate the loopholes for all taxpayers or better yet implement a flat tax. Any chart and graph you post is irrelevant but it is important that the American people get educated on what taxes fund what and liberals have to stop confusing people by trying to lump state and local taxes, FICA taxes into funding for the Federal Govt. None of those taxes fund the Feds.

  7. #1897
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The fact is that it's not just low income earners who pay no FIT, there are millionaires who have paid no FITeither. Anyone who has no taxable income after taking their legal deductions pay won't have FIT bill.

    Here is the tax table for 2011:


    2011
    Married Filing Jointly Married Filing Separately Single Head of Household
    Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets Marginal Tax Brackets
    Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over Tax Rate Over But Not Over
    10.0% $0 $17,000 10.0% $0 $8,500 10.0% $0 $8,500 10.0% $0 $12,150
    15.0% $17,000 $69,000 15.0% $8,500 $34,500 15.0% $8,500 $34,500 15.0% $12,150 $46,250
    25.0% $69,000 $139,350 25.0% $34,500 $69,675 25.0% $34,500 $83,600 25.0% $46,250 $119,400
    28.0% $139,350 $212,300 28.0% $69,675 $106,150 28.0% $83,600 $174,400 28.0% $119,400 $193,350
    33.0% $212,300 $379,150 33.0% $106,150 $189,575 33.0% $174,400 $379,150 33.0% $193,350 $379,150
    35.0% $379,150 - 35.0% $189,575 - 35.0% $379,150 - 35.0% $379,150 -
    thus the need for a flat tax for all Americans. Thanks for posting the chart but tell me why any income earner cannot pay something for the services they receive from the Federal Govt.

  8. #1898
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's not true - I've seen you use logic before and even factual information (albiet you're use of statistics and numbers are well known to be suspect).
    Sheik continues to bait and troll. I will not be responding to that kind of post. He does post actual percentage change but ignores actual dollars or unemployment changes and when confused by the actual numbers he diverts more and gets madder. People like Sheik deserve Barack Obama, the rest of us don't

  9. #1899
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    thus the need for a flat tax for all Americans. Thanks for posting the chart but tell me why any income earner cannot pay something for the services they receive from the Federal Govt.
    Why don't the millionaires pay for the wars they profited from?


  10. #1900
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but I lived and worked during both and don't have any faith in what economists say but instead what the real people are feeling. When people had to pay 17.5% for a home mortage and had double digit inflation they were throwing the keys at the bankers. Today people think it is a depression when they don't get their IPAD. More importantly Reagan had a policy in place that got us out of the Malaise and Obama's policies have made things worse. There is no incentive now on the part of business to hire people and in fact the Obama Administration is a disincentive for private business to hire regardless of what your economists claim.

    I lived during them times as well, Im here to tell you this bush recession puts the misery index into overdrive.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •