Page 182 of 205 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1811
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is September 2011 data so how can anyone blame that on Bush?
    I'm not blaming that on Bush.

    Your response about the bailout was that Obama voted for it. He did. So did many other Democrats. I believe McCain did, as did many Republicans, and Bush signed it. Pretty bi-partisan IMO.




    What the GOP wants is to grow out of this debt and that is the only way to do it. It is 14.6 trillion and there isn't enough money available from the rich to make a dent in the deficit and the debt. When will liberals understand that?
    It'll probably require everybody's taxes to go up. When will Conservatives understand that?

    Tip ONeil made the same Deal with Reagan in the 80's and then the same deal was made with GHW Bush in the early 90's. Did we ever get those cuts?
    Nope. We didn't get them from Gingrich or Hastert either. Deficit spending is a bi-partisan problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #1812
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    It'll probably require everybody's taxes to go up. When will Conservatives understand that?
    I would be in favor of increasing taxes on those who already pay taxes.

  3. #1813
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not blaming that on Bush.

    Your response about the bailout was that Obama voted for it. He did. So did many other Democrats. I believe McCain did, as did many Republicans, and Bush signed it. Pretty bi-partisan IMO.






    It'll probably require everybody's taxes to go up. When will Conservatives understand that?



    Nope. We didn't get them from Gingrich or Hastert either. Deficit spending is a bi-partisan problem.
    I will never support a tax increase until the loopholes are closed on ALL taxpayers so that the 65 Plus million WORKING Americans pay something in taxes and then actual spending cuts starting with taking the budget back to the 2008 levels. After that is done then we can discuss Tax increases.

  4. #1814
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I would be in favor of increasing taxes on those who already pay taxes.
    Of course you would because raising taxes on someone else is what liberals always do.

  5. #1815
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Let me just add...
    I've been thru this Nonsensical game conservative plays.
    He tries to pin all the Job losss, or lack of gains, on Obama, by Including the first Few months of his Presidency when his policies certainly weren't to blame/had no chance to take efffect.
    This includes Jan 2009! during which we lost 800,000 jobs alone and Obama didn't even get sworn in til the 20th of that month!
    Not mention the next few Bush-remnant months where losses were heaviest/millions and his policies could not yet have taken effect.
    Without those first few Bush-legacy months, his whole debate falls apart. So he can't acknowledge that simple fact. Cognitive dissonance. When reality world meets partisanship.
    but Obama was a Democrat Senator, it is all his fault!



  6. #1816
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will never support a tax increase until the loopholes are closed on ALL taxpayers so that the 65 Plus million WORKING Americans pay something in taxes and then actual spending cuts starting with taking the budget back to the 2008 levels. After that is done then we can discuss Tax increases.
    Do you have no idea what math is? So what tax rate do you propose on those under 20k per year (Which is probably most of those "65 million plus" workers)?

  7. #1817
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I would be in favor of increasing taxes on those who already pay taxes.
    that has no use in creating dis-incentives for more idiotic government spending.

    I would be in favor of massively cutting government before anyone pays an extra dime in taxes but if taxes must be raised they must be raised on those who now have no incentive to oppose more spending because they don't pay for it



  8. #1818
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that has no use in creating dis-incentives for more idiotic government spending.

    I would be in favor of massively cutting government before anyone pays an extra dime in taxes but if taxes must be raised they must be raised on those who now have no incentive to oppose more spending because they don't pay for it
    That last statement has no merit, I as well as anyone else (over 18) in this country have the right to vote.

  9. #1819
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Do you have no idea what math is? So what tax rate do you propose on those under 20k per year (Which is probably most of those "65 million plus" workers)?
    I support the flat tax period, 15% for all Americans. By the way those under 20k per year is a very small percentage of those 65 million American workers not paying any Federal Income Taxes

  10. #1820
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I support the flat tax period, 15% for all Americans. By the way those under 20k per year is a very small percentage of those 65 million American workers not paying any Federal Income Taxes
    lol proof for that bull**** you just typed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •