Page 174 of 205 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1731
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Are you poor? Who makes up that list of poor? You claim to be an expert on what it costs to live these days and what people spend their money on. What makes you an expert, textbooks? I am still waiting for someone to explain why Reagan is so popular today if he policies were such a failure. The top marginal rate of Reagan was 28%, not 50%. You want to pay 91% of your income to the govt? Do it and stop forcing others to do what you want to do. You actually believe people paid 91% of their income in taxes? Think about it and stop being spoon fed the liberal lies.
    Also, what do you have against books?

  2. #1732
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    [QUOTE=Sheik Yerbuti;1059854345]No matter how you try to spin it -- 400,000 jobs added in September.


    Jimmy Carter made George Bush look bad. Carter created 10 million jobs in 4 years compared to Bush creating 4 million jobs in 8 years.[/QUOTE


    Tell that to the 25+ million unemployed and under employed. You certainly have that liberal compassion.

  3. #1733
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I have no complaints with the BLS, you do. You're the one claiming 400,000 jobs were added last month despite their website showing 400,000 jobs were added.

    Now about that book you were talking about -- what is the title so I can faqct check your bogus claim?
    Net was a little over 100k but you never count those dropping out of the market, do you? That is disengenuous which you are all the time, the net wasn't 400k but the net is 9.1% unemployment and 16.5% U-6. Glad you are happy with those numbers.

  4. #1734
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You left out Bush destroying jobs because his policies didn't take effect until Obama was elected.
    It is almost 3 years later and there are still more unemployed than when he took office. How long are you going to blame Bush. Do they teach civics in school? What does Congress do and who controlled Congress in 2008. Democrats or Republicans? Be a good little liberal now and let them destroy your credibility.

  5. #1735
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    You understand that population has an exponential effect over time, right? So the whole 25 plus million doesn't actually mean anything the percentage is what is important. Why if your concerned about the unemployed in this country do the conservatives consistently staunchly oppose policies which would help lift these people out of their trying circumstances. Instead you oppose jobs programs with the exception of the military industrial complex which produces weapons which we sell to countries who buy them with subsidies we provide them so they can use them later on their citizens and us. You support tax cuts with the wealthy by making a backwards argument where somehow the amount of money the rich can hoard in bonds and derivatives somehow affects the market demand for products and jobs. While meanwhile proposing that those who possess less than 10 percent of the nation's wealth pay more taxes. Your propagandists at fox cite inaccurate statistics that 46 % of Americans don't pay income taxes while the actual number is more like 18 % and those are the retired, unemployed, extremely underemployed, and children. I suppose that's just another conservative not being expected to be taken seriously like your whip Jon Kyl who lied on the congressional floor and thought nothing of it. I believe it was you who mentioned they gave money to the church. What would Jesus do?
    What jobs program? the first stimulus program? How did that work out? Now the second that hasn't even been introduced into the Congress? Why do you buy what Obama tells you? Are you a student too?

  6. #1736
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You have to understand, Conservative doesn't like percentages. Why ... ? ... because once you factor in population growth and labor force growth, the unemployment rate during Obama's first 32 months in office hasn't increased as much as it did during any Republican president going back at least as far as Herbert Hoover ...



    Nixon +77%
    Bush +45%
    Eisenhower +41%
    Ford* +36%
    GHW Bush +28%
    Reagan +23%
    Obama +17%
    Kennedy -17%
    Carter -21%
    Clinton -23%
    Johnson -33%

    * = Ford was in office 29 months

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    Tell me how percentage change works in your world, taking the debt for example from 900 billion to 2.6 trillion is a greater percentage than taking the debt from 10.6 trillion to 14.6 trillion which by your standards says Obama did a better job than Reagan because the percentage was lower. Anyone here believe increasing the debt 4 trillion dollars is better than increasing the debt 1.7 trillion? That shows your percentage change argument is bogus but that allow you to ignore real numbers thus real people and real dollars.

    Let me know when Bush had 25 million unemployed and under employed?

  7. #1737
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    Also, what do you have against books?
    They kill a lot trees and fill your head with a lot of mush. I too got a college education and combined with 35 years of street smarts gave me a well rounded education. Liberalism appeals to those who cannot think with their brain but instead use only their hearts.
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-07-11 at 04:01 PM.

  8. #1738
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What jobs program? the first stimulus program? How did that work out? Now the second that hasn't even been introduced into the Congress? Why do you buy what Obama tells you? Are you a student too?
    You really have no clue what I'm talking about. First of all not crazy about some of the things Obama has done, I'm liberal not a democrat there's a difference. Second when I refer to jobs programs I'm referring to the sort of thing FDR did. I'm proposing that perhaps instead of perpetually reinforcing the military industrial complex which is a giant jobs program that instead we start programs to rebuild the infrastructure of our country. By doing this we provide jobs while at the same time we do something good for our country. It seems a lot more efficient to me than the current way of doing things. Third I'm noticing a disturbing trend where you don't build an actual argument but instead continue to comment on the person who is writing the opposing side of the argument. My opening sentence as I tried to explain to you before yet I can see from other posts you have made you still don't understand is that since population grows( and it grows exponentially, since every child born than has children of their own) actual numbers like 25 million mean nothing in comparison to percentages which more readily describe the reality of the situation. However point taken unemployment is high, Obama has yet to remedy the situation, however to blame him for all of the unemployment is to blame him for the recession which occurred before he even took presidential office.
    Last edited by alexxouellette; 10-07-11 at 04:14 PM.

  9. #1739
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They kill a lot trees and fill your head with a lot of mush. I too got a college education and combined with 35 years of street smarts gave me a well rounded education. Liberalism appeals to those who cannot think with their brain but instead use only their hearts.
    Your grammar betrays you. It serves me better to let you continue to speak on the subject than to even submit a rebuttal.

  10. #1740
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They kill a lot trees and fill your head with a lot of mush. I too got a college education and combined with 35 years of street smarts .
    Working in corporate America now equates to street smarts?

    Oh man you are to funny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •