Page 168 of 205 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1671
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you mean to tell me that taking questionable mortgaged backed securities and having one of the rating firms rate these as AAA is not a SCAM??? How about using computers to make millions of trades per second. How about using the commodities markets to speculate rather than used as tool for businesses to plan future business?
    Innovative creative people are going to find a way to make money but that is a very small percentage of the population yet you want to punish the entire group because of the actions of a few as you have sympathy for those that signed their names on the bottomline. Where does personaly responsibility lie in your world on both sides?

  2. #1672
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    I thought you might be at least fairly intelligent and now I know you are just arrogant, let me help you again she is a "doctor" she would have to look in the mirror and fire herself, she worked hard mostly putting herself through school it took her twelve years to achieve her doctrate. Unlike you she is a real American who knows that it is our differences that make us a great nation. She knows it's not a flashy car or a 6 bedroom house that determines the value of a person. Your superior condescending attitude says all that is needed to be said about you.

    The occupy wall street protestors will determine the out come of the 2012 elections, please repeat for me what you think about the demonstrators
    Most don't have a clue why they are there and are being manipulated by a group of individuals bent on the destruction of the capitalistic system. What they is destroyed then what? Has your daughter thought that far out?

  3. #1673
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You didn't answer a simple question,

    "Since you felt Clinton was to blame this would indicate that you have the realization that it was a bad thing, no?"
    Clinton is to blame as much as Bush is to blame, thanks for accepting that

  4. #1674
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Personally I think that the conservatives put out the idea to decrease government just because they want to save the super rich. I think that the super rich got scared because they were actually going to have to pay their fair share.

  5. #1675
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You are the one always accusing others of citing trite talking points. Now, sir, you are the guilty party. This 47% paying no income tax is a favorite of Hannity. Its an effective sound bite, but its so easy for someone with a little intelligence to peel back the veneer.

    Lets start with the misstatement that 47% of income earners pay no taxes. Its not income earners, but households. Income earners are a subset of households. Households include the unemployed, retired persons, the disabled and even entrepreneurs (those that are starting small businesses that have no income... of which, BTW, I am one)

    Let's go to step two, which requires some understanding of income taxes, which unfortunately very few people understand (including most people currently in this debate). In the 30+ years that I have been somewhat knowledgeable about income taxation (since earning my CPA), income taxes have been focused on discretionary income, not wage income. This is why we have exemptions, standard deductions and credits... so that individuals and families have the income needed for their basic necessities exempt from taxation. The fact that 47% of households have no income liability means that 47% of American households have no discretionary income.

    Sorry, but the lower income group has been disproportionately hit by this recession. You want them to pay more taxes, then fix the economy... not just the recession, but the economy that has increasingly favored the very wealthy over the working class in the distribution of the nation's wealth. This Mexicifaction of America trend, if not corrected, will lead to the collapse of our system.





    I'm not certain of your point in all this. Do you think this group of people actually is actually stockpiling money? Do you think raising their taxes will move that money from their large bank accounts to fix our deficit issue? Have you ever tried raising a family on $50,000 per year (today's money)? Don't you realize they already pay a much, much higher percentage of their income in sales, payroll tax and use tax then those that have actually done well in this economy? Sorry, but your "let's get blood from a stone" rant is somewhere between ignorant to immoral.Attachment 67116471
    Do you have a problem with basic facts, Federal Income taxes fund the major portion of the Federal Govt. period and that is what 47% of the INCOME EARNERS aren't paying. Get back to me when you figure that out? Do you think that lower income people should pay something to the govt? There are over 65 million WORKING Americans paying nothing. Imagine $100 or more a year from those 65 million. Until you address that reality none of your charts have any meaning.

  6. #1676
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Obama offered $3 dollars in spending cuts for every $1 dollar of tax increases and the GOP walked away from it.
    However, there is still much pressure from both parties now to cut our most wasteful spending, our bloated military spending (that is almost as much as the rest of the world combined) and our optional wars, and to increase revenue by eliminating tax breaks for the wealthiest. The FICA cap will have to be raised to make SS solvent for the long term, and we will eventually have to go to a single payer system, as the rest of the industrialized world has done to get our health care costs under control. We see the people in the streets now demanding these things become priorities.
    So did Tip ONeil and the Congress under GHW Bush. Did we ever get those cuts? Obama says a lot of things and never does any of them. Why do you continue to buy what he says? Where are the documented cuts? Why does FICA have to be increased? How about making Congress take SS off budget and putting it back where it belongs and stop spending the money on everything other than SS?

  7. #1677
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You don't consider a doctor (Earl's daughter) to be a professional?
    If they are cluttering up the streets of NYC I consider them a public nuisance



  8. #1678
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Personally I think that the conservatives put out the idea to decrease government just because they want to save the super rich. I think that the super rich got scared because they were actually going to have to pay their fair share.
    This is the typical thinking of a college kid. The super rich are actually benefited by the current opiate of the masses-welfare socialism and its organs-the high progressive income tax and the death tax

    The right supports entrepreneurs and independent and prosperous classes and all those who want to be prosperous



  9. #1679
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    People need to think about their future instead of doing simply what they want to do. Getting a graduate degree is great but not if it doesn't lead to a future job opportunity. The difference between today and 35 years ago is attitude and accepting personal responsibility then and not now. 35 years ago I aspired to be one of those evil rich people that people are jealous of and achieved that goal by hard work and dedication.
    That's it, we have high unemployment because those durn kids don't want to work.

  10. #1680
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    That's it, we have high unemployment because those durn kids don't want to work.
    Majoring in art history, or Japanese Poetry isn't conducive to being quickly hired. Learning how to service HVAC systems or fixing Lexus Automobiles generally will get you hired at 30-40 bucks an hour in some places



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •