Page 155 of 205 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1541
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Did you and whatever Jryan is read what my post was talking to. It had NOTHING TO DO WITH TAX RATES. It was discussing estate taxes. I do not know if you just troll and post B.S. posts for the fun of it, have little reading comprehension, do not understand the difference between a discussion on estate taxes and income taxes or what.

    It is responses such as the above that make "debate" sites little more than pick a side and fight sites.
    I thought I made it clear I opposed cuts to Estate taxes. Just as I opposed the cuts in taxes for investment returns. What are you unclear about?

    And how do you address the fact that rich people were taxed on much more of their income in our past and that it didn't remove incentives for the rich to get richer?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1542
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I reject the term predatory lending and always took personal responsibility for the contracts that I signed. Where does personal responsibility rest in your world?
    So the banks writing loans that they knew people couldn't afford wasn't their responsibility? Where is the bank's responsibility in all this? Was someone forcing them to do this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #1543
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Loopholes and tax deductions were much greater in the 50's and 60's again showing that tax rates are irrelevant when actually counting the dollars that go to the Federal Govt.........
    Great it is noted that you would prefer the tax rates on total income of the 50's and 60's. We will see what we can do to get them back up to that point for you!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1544
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I reject the term predatory lending and always took personal responsibility for the contracts that I signed. Where does personal responsibility rest in your world?
    Earlier you blamed the Republican repeal of Glass Steagall Act on Clinton, because he signed it into law. Since you felt Clinton was to blame this would indicate that you have the realization that it was a bad thing, no?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1545
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I watched some of the press conference and got sick to my stomach with all the lies that I had to turn it off and watched the cooking channel at my Mom's. He is a total and complete ass and anyone that supports him falls into that category as well
    Great - anybody who supports Obama is an ass...... not just a regular ass but a complete and total ass. I guess to keep this debate on the high level you have introduced this is where we call you a poopoo head?

    We can do better than this folks.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1546
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Well I have proven that the top one percent pay about 40% of the income tax, almost all the death tax

    what have you proven?
    If the federal government operated just on income taxes, your point might have some relevance. Or if we had not provided temporary tax cuts to lower the tax on income being passed down in estates, and through investments, your point might have some relevance. Or, if the top one percent of the country did not own much of the country's wealth, your point might have some relevance.

    I've proven that the super rich pay a less percentage of their total income than does the middle class.

    "the evidence tends to point to the conclusion that the really rich pay less in taxes as a percentage of income then their merely well-to-do counterparts -- if their income comes primarily from investments. Overall, we rate Buffett's statement True."
    PolitiFact | Warren Buffett says the super-rich pay lower tax rates than others
    Last edited by Catawba; 10-06-11 at 06:47 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #1547
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,792

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If the federal government operated just on income taxes, your point might have some relevance. Or if we had not provided temporary tax cuts to lower the tax on income from being passed down in estates, and through investments, your point might have some relevance. Or, if the top one percent of the country did not own much of the country's wealth, your point might have some relevance.

    I've proven that the super rich pay a less percentage of their total income than does the middle class.

    "the evidence tends to point to the conclusion that the really rich pay less in taxes as a percentage of income then their merely well-to-do counterparts -- if their income comes primarily from investments. Overall, we rate Buffett's statement True."
    PolitiFact | Warren Buffett says the super-rich pay lower tax rates than others
    Buffett's Obama-fellation is worthless

    first of all the group he whines about is less than 1000 people

    secondly it deals with marginal next dollar rather than actual effective tax rates

    third to pay an effective rate of 18% you are making far more than what secretaries get paid

    fourth, it ignores actual dollars paid

    fifth, Even Buffett rejects the "Buffett plan"



  8. #1548
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I thought I made it clear I opposed cuts to Estate taxes. Just as I opposed the cuts in taxes for investment returns. What are you unclear about?

    And how do you address the fact that rich people were taxed on much more of their income in our past and that it didn't remove incentives for the rich to get richer?
    Haymarket you are a coward for "liking" this post but not responding on your own.

    As to Catawba, I have no idea where you are coming from so any further response would be meaningless.

  9. #1549
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Haymarket you are a coward for "liking" this post but not responding on your own.

    As to Catawba, I have no idea where you are coming from so any further response would be meaningless.
    Why would you call me names simply because I like something in a post? I happen to think he has a valid point that past higher tax rates did not remove the incentives for folks to get rich and make money. Who can argue with the historical record? Why is that something that makes me a coward?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Great it is noted that you would prefer the tax rates on total income of the 50's and 60's. We will see what we can do to get them back up to that point for you!
    Can we assume that spending would remain the same as in the 50's and 60's as well?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •