Page 154 of 205 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1531
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's add Freddie and Fannie to the list of topics that you know nothing about. Where did those subprime loan bundles go? What we need is the govt to get out of the banking business period. Let the banks fail. NO bailouts for private business.
    Once again you completely ignore the documented evidence that refutes your opinion, and you said there were adequate regulations until it was pointed out there wasn't, and you agreed that the most protective regulation against bank failure, the Glass Steagall Act had been repealed, and now you jump to saying there are too many regulations.

    You are jumping around like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs without making a single point that you can back up.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1532
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Seriously though Turtle, the no punctuation hurts my brain.
    sloppy thinking from college kids who have never really experienced the real world, yet think they have the standing to argue what should be, with those of us who have, makes me want to puke



  3. #1533
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No you haven't. one person posted a two page talking paper from some union that claims this but it had no citation to evidence nor did it take into account the fact that some states derive most of their income on "regressive" or neutral taxes while some have heavily progressive income and death taxes
    First off I said various people had so there is another strike for you counselor.

  4. #1534
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    YOur rants about the rich are pathetic

    your constant demand that the rich pay more are based on a sickening combination of class envy and the erroneous assumption that the rich somehow don't deserve their wealth
    I will withhold comment to you until you can actually make a point you can back up with evidence.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1535
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As I've previously shown, your chart did not include the effective tax rates, nor did it address the cuts that have been made since in investment returns and Estate taxes.

    If you feel that taxes for the rich were lower in the 50's and 60's, I guess that would mean you would have no problem returning to those rates, is that correct?
    Loopholes and tax deductions were much greater in the 50's and 60's again showing that tax rates are irrelevant when actually counting the dollars that go to the Federal Govt, which by the way is ZERO from 47% of income earners in the form of FIT. Nice try at diversion. You want more govt. revenue then the best way to do that is fire Obama and put 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans back to work paying full taxes and then collecting something from those that pay zero(65 plus million). So let's figure this out and direct your outrage in the right direction, 25 million unemployed and Under employed PLUS the 65Plus million income earners that pay zero in FIT totals over 90 million people not funding the Federal Govt. leaving that funding to the 64 million who are paying their FAIR SHARE

  6. #1536
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Once again you completely ignore the documented evidence that refutes your opinion, and you said there were adequate regulations until it was pointed out there wasn't, and you agreed that the most protective regulation against bank failure, the Glass Steagall Act had been repealed, and now you jump to saying there are too many regulations.

    You are jumping around like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs without making a single point that you can back up.
    I reject the term predatory lending and always took personal responsibility for the contracts that I signed. Where does personal responsibility rest in your world?

  7. #1537
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Loopholes and tax deductions were much greater in the 50's and 60's again showing that tax rates are irrelevant when actually counting the dollars that go to the Federal Govt, which by the way is ZERO from 47% of income earners in the form of FIT. Nice try at diversion. You want more govt. revenue then the best way to do that is fire Obama and put 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans back to work paying full taxes and then collecting something from those that pay zero(65 plus million). So let's figure this out and direct your outrage in the right direction, 25 million unemployed and Under employed PLUS the 65Plus million income earners that pay zero in FIT totals over 90 million people not funding the Federal Govt. leaving that funding to the 64 million who are paying their FAIR SHARE
    Did you seriously just suggest slavery?

  8. #1538
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    First off I said various people had so there is another strike for you counselor.
    several people all cited the same 2 page POS paper that Oldreliable67 pretty much crushed on the economics Forum



  9. #1539
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Did you seriously just suggest slavery?
    Not unless all those 64 million workers paying all the FIT are minorities and slaves

  10. #1540
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I will withhold comment to you until you can actually make a point you can back up with evidence.
    Well I have proven that the top one percent pay about 40% of the income tax, almost all the death tax

    what have you proven?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •