Page 138 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1371
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Are you literally going to debate the morality of taxing the rich? (first sentence was not coherent, sorry mate)
    The rich pay 38% of the tax revenue now and 47% of other income earners pay zero. You really want to debate the issue?

  2. #1372
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The rich pay 38% of the tax revenue now and 47% of other income earners pay zero. You really want to debate the issue?
    Yup, thanks for ignoring my questions though.

  3. #1373
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Are you literally going to debate the morality of taxing the rich? (first sentence was not coherent, sorry mate)
    I find making the rich pay so much more than either their share of the income or what they use to be immoral and has contributed to the massive deficit because most voters demand more and more because they don't have to pay for it



  4. #1374
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yup, thanks for ignoring my questions though.
    You asked if anyone wanted to debate the morality of taxing the rich and I pointed out the rich are paying more than their so called fair share now unless you believe 65 million paying zero in FIT is their fair share

    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

  5. #1375
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I find making the rich pay so much more than either their share of the income or what they use to be immoral and has contributed to the massive deficit because most voters demand more and more because they don't have to pay for it
    Please help me, PUNCTUATE!

  6. #1376
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You asked if anyone wanted to debate the morality of taxing the rich and I pointed out the rich are paying more than their so called fair share now unless you believe 65 million paying zero in FIT is their fair share

    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance
    Yes, lets take money from those who have none because that makes sense.

  7. #1377
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes, lets take money from those who have none because that makes sense.
    Read the article, these are income earners,not people without anything. Destroys your argument, doesn't it?

  8. #1378
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes, lets take money from those who have none because that makes sense.
    1) to claim they have none is a specious lie

    2) you seem not to understand that taxes have at least two purposes

    a) the first is to raise revenue-taxing the poor might not raise much (the Tax cuts however "cost" more for the middle and lower class than the top one percent)

    b) the second is to provide feedback and incentives or dis-incentives. Right now too many people do not receive the proper feedback as to the cost of government. Thus, they demand more and more government because they don't receive any real increases in taxes needed to pay for it



  9. #1379
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Just want to say, I have classes early in the AM tomorrow so I got to go to bed. I will respond though Turtle . Don't want you to think I ran away.

  10. #1380
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Just want to say, I have classes early in the AM tomorrow so I got to go to bed. I will respond though Turtle . Don't want you to think I ran away.
    ah another student. okie dokie. SYL



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •