Page 134 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The only envy I have is for the strong middle class and the more vibrant economy our country had when taxes were more progressive.
    As I stated, how did the rich create less for you? When taxes were the most progressive we didn't have a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal govt so why do we need one now? Your outrage is misguided and ignores the 14.6 trillion dollar debt created by govt. social engineering and programs like the Great Society. How do you explain so much spending on social programs and so little results?

    Why aren't you celebrating those in the middle class that rose up in class through hard work, risk taking, and initiative. Now you want to penalize them for making themselves successful. That is class envy and warfare on your part.

  2. #1332
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

    Why does anyone expect half the income earners to fund the entire govt. and the liberal spending appetite
    Your sidetrack isn't fooling anyone:

    It’s A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes

    It's A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes

    Now, what is your response to Reagan saying the same thing Obama said, that we need to close the loopholes for millionaires????
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1333
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I stated, how did the rich create less for you?
    It wasn't the rich, it was the GOP who represents the rich, when they lowered taxes for the wealthy and increased them for the middle class.

    The same thing they are proposing to continue today.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1334
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your sidetrack isn't fooling anyone:

    It’s A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes

    It's A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes

    Now, what is your response to Reagan saying the same thing Obama said, that we need to close the loopholes for millionaires????
    As usual you don't have a clue as to what your taxes fund and lump all together when the reality is FIT and Corporate taxes fund the Federal Govt. The issue is FIT and not other taxes. FICA funds SS and Medicare so when Obama proposes a payroll tax cut he cuts SS and Medicare. Property and sales taxes are state taxes, not Federal Taxes. Federal Excise taxes fund the infrastructure so the issue is FEDERAL INCOME TAXES which you have yet to address

  5. #1335
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It wasn't the rich, it was the GOP who represents the rich, when they lowered taxes for the wealthy and increased them for the middle class.

    The same thing they are proposing to continue today.
    Didn't you know, the poor have the privilege of living here and working for the rich. They are lucky the rich don't charge them more for their citizenship.

  6. #1336
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It wasn't the rich, it was the GOP who represents the rich, when they lowered taxes for the wealthy and increased them for the middle class.

    The same thing they are proposing to continue today.
    Then that is another reason to support the GOP. Your outrage over what someone else has is nothing more than jealousy and class envy. I always strived to become one of those evil rich people so that I could take care of my family and people in need in my community. You want to penalize me for my initiative and drive while rewarding the braindead and clueless. That is liberalism.

  7. #1337
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have a jealousy of others who have more than you. How did any rich person make you have less? Your class envy tells me a lot about you
    You must be ****ing kidding, its was the rich fat cat crooks on Wall Street who are the ones who brought our economy to its knees.


  8. #1338
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As usual you don't have a clue as to what your taxes fund and lump all together when the reality is FIT and Corporate taxes fund the Federal Govt. The issue is FIT and not other taxes. FICA funds SS and Medicare so when Obama proposes a payroll tax cut he cuts SS and Medicare. Property and sales taxes are state taxes, not Federal Taxes. Federal Excise taxes fund the infrastructure so the issue is FEDERAL INCOME TAXES which you have yet to address
    As usual, you wish to confine everyone's view to the same narrow pinhole you use to revere Reagan for saying we need to close loopholes for millionaires and demonize Obama for saying the exact same thing.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #1339
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then that is another reason to support the GOP. Your outrage over what someone else has is nothing more than jealousy and class envy. I always strived to become one of those evil rich people so that I could take care of my family and people in need in my community. You want to penalize me for my initiative and drive while rewarding the braindead and clueless. That is liberalism.
    Why would anyone support a political party that would favor a plutocracy as the Republicans do?
    Government by the Rich!!!


  10. #1340
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Originally Posted by Catawba
    It wasn't the rich, it was the GOP who represents the rich, when they lowered taxes for the wealthy and increased them for the middle class. The same thing they are proposing to continue today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then that is another reason to support the GOP.
    You see that as perfect logic as to why the middle class should support the GOP, do you?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •