Page 114 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    According to you speculators do not drive up the price of essential needs is that what you are saying? Do you think that just because you say it makes it a fact? Tell me if you are involved in speculating on essential life products how do you sleep at night knowing that millions of people who need these products are unable to buy them. The poor and needy don't have the money to get involved, do you feel better giving back some small portion of what you steal?

    Lets see if you can get away from your talking points long enough to explain how speculating does not effect the poor, I read your replies and wonder if you are not a robot you do not address the issues brough up you just restate your talking points
    Speculators affect a very small percentage of the people in this country but are an easy target for people like you. What happens when these people lose money, when corporations lose money, when risk takers lose money. It is easy for people like you to attack those who have been successful and claim they are the majority when the reality is they are the minority. Risk taking is what made this country great. The answer is always competition and you exercising your right to buy from whomever you want. Do it!!

    How do you know what I do with MY money? You speculate and really don't have a clue.

    How did speculating hurt you? It didn't hurt me at all because I make choices and hold myself responsible for those choices. You ought to try that approach.

  2. #1132
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Speculators affect a very small percentage of the people in this country but are an easy target for people like you. What happens when these people lose money, when corporations lose money, when risk takers lose money. It is easy for people like you to attack those who have been successful and claim they are the majority when the reality is they are the minority. Risk taking is what made this country great. The answer is always competition and you exercising your right to buy from whomever you want. Do it!!

    How do you know what I do with MY money? You speculate and really don't have a clue.

    How did speculating hurt you? It didn't hurt me at all because I make choices and hold myself responsible for those choices. You ought to try that approach.
    More baloney I have repeatedly explained how speculation drives up prices of life essential products, products that people need to survive, I have supplied sources to verify my claims and you just totally ignore why? Because you can not dispute the facts with any thing other then your tired talking points.

    I did not claim you are involved in speculation but if you support it you are no different then those who speculate on
    life essential needs
    If they want to speculate on coffee, tea or other non essential needs I could care less, but when speculating causes prices to go up on life essential needs that's when it should be regulated to control the profits that speculators can make.

    This is what I wrote

    Tell me if you are involved in speculating on essential life products how do you sleep at night knowing that millions of people who need these products are unable to buy them.
    Try reading before reacting

  3. #1133
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    More baloney I have repeatedly explained how speculation drives up prices of life essential products, products that people need to survive, I have supplied sources to verify my claims and you just totally ignore why? Because you can not dispute the facts with any thing other then your tired talking points.

    I did not claim you are involved in speculation but if you support it you are no different then those who speculate on If they want to speculate on coffee, tea or other non essential needs I could care less, but when speculating causes prices to go up on life essential needs that's when it should be regulated to control the profits that speculators can make.

    This is what I wrote



    Try reading before reacting
    You gave me your partisan, non professional, non factual opinions not backed by data. This country has over 310 MILLION people and you pick out a small percentage and claim that is the normal. Not sure where you live but you need to get out more.

  4. #1134
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Some people realize that they don't have what it takes to be successful -- that they only wear the costume of success because it was handed to them on a platter. Those people are compelled to burry these thoughts to maintain some remnant of self worth. Part of that psychological interment involves throwing dirt on those who didn't have it handed to them on a platter. We can't have those zombies walking around!
    You seem rather bitter. are you mad at your parents?



  5. #1135
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You gave me your partisan, non professional, non factual opinions not backed by data. This country has over 310 MILLION people and you pick out a small percentage and claim that is the normal. Not sure where you live but you need to get out more.
    I must have hit on a nerve and as usual the only facts you present are the ones in your mind, Speculation drives up the price of a drum of crude oil at least 27dollars per drum, that is not the only cost associated with speculating on just one commodity crude oil. Any cost associated with the crude is passed on to the consumer that includes other life essential needs like food, clothing. Your attempts to minimize ther impact of speculation on life essential needs indicates just how greedy you are, the republicans attempts to block regulation shows their loyalty to the rich

    Koch Brothers in Forefront of Oil Speculation | West Orlando News Online 2011 Central Florida News, Info, Sports

    Koch Brothers in Forefront of Oil Speculation

    Sky-high gas prices and record volatility are in large part the result of excessive oil speculation, an oil market corrupted by unregulated Wall Street traders who buy and hold onto oil futures contracts with no interest in the actual delivery of oil.

    The Koch Industries, an oil pipelines and refining company, is in the forefront of speculating on oil for profit.

    Even Goldman Sachs concedes that at least $27 of the price of crude this year has been as a result of rampant speculation, not supply and demand, according to thinkprogress.org. Other experts have said that number is closer to fifty dollars.
    Undoubtedlt you will reply using your factless talking points, some of the rich use their money to steal from every one especially the poor and elderly, The Koch Brothers are the money behind the tea baggers, the republicans have been and are waging a war against the poor and middle class of our country

  6. #1136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    I must have hit on a nerve and as usual the only facts you present are the ones in your mind, Speculation drives up the price of a drum of crude oil at least 27dollars per drum, that is not the only cost associated with speculating on just one commodity crude oil. Any cost associated with the crude is passed on to the consumer that includes other life essential needs like food, clothing. Your attempts to minimize ther impact of speculation on life essential needs indicates just how greedy you are, the republicans attempts to block regulation shows their loyalty to the rich


    Undoubtedlt you will reply using your factless talking points, some of the rich use their money to steal from every one especially the poor and elderly, The Koch Brothers are the money behind the tea baggers, the republicans have been and are waging a war against the poor and middle class of our country
    Did you really work in the private sector? If so how many people did you screw? You hate corporations so much yet retired off a pension from one of those evil corporations. Why?

    You really don't seem to understand personal responsibility and choice. Don't buy from companies that you believe are screwing the public but realize that many seniors get dividends to supplement SS from those evil oil companies and millions of Americans have jobs due to those evil corportions but that means you would have to think beyond your partisanship.

    Do you really care about the "little people?" Why not where their contributions are going? How many people do you believe those contributions could have helped out of poverty

    Leading Union Political Campaign Contributors: 1990-2010

    Union and contribution to political party, Democrats first column and Republicans Second number

    Democrats Republicans
    American Fed. of State, County, & Municipal Employees $40,281,900 $ 547,700
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 29,705,600 679,000
    National Education Association 27,679,300 2,005,200
    Service Employees International Union 26,368,470 98,700
    Communication Workers of America 26,305,500 125,300
    Service Employees International Union 26,252,000 1,086,200
    Laborers Union 25,734,000 2,138,000
    American Federation of Teachers 25,682,800 200,000
    United Auto Workers 25,082,200 182,700
    Teamsters Union 24,926,400 1,822,000
    Carpenters and Joiners Union 24,094,100 2,658,000
    Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union 23,875,600 226,300
    United Food and Commercial Workers Union 23,182,000 334,200
    AFL-CIO 17,124,300 713,500
    Sheet Metal Workers Union 16,347,200 342,800
    Plumbers & Pipefitters Union 14,790,000 818,500
    Operating Engineers Union 13,840,000 2,309,500
    Airline Pilots Association 12,806,600 2,398,300
    International Association of Firefighters 12,421,700 2,685,400
    United Transportation Workers 11,807,000 1,459,300
    Ironworkers Union 11,638,900 936,000
    American Postal Workers Union 11,633,100 544,300
    Nat'l Active & Retired Fed. Employees Association 8,135,400 2,294,600
    Seafarers International Union 6,726,800 1,281,300
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-02-11 at 06:55 PM.

  7. #1137
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you really work in the private sector? If so how many people did you screw? You hate corporations so much yet retired off a pension from one of those evil corporations. Why?

    You really don't seem to understand personal responsibility and choice. Don't buy from companies that you believe are screwing the public but realize that many seniors get dividends to supplement SS from those evil oil companies and millions of Americans have jobs due to those evil corportions but that means you would have to think beyond your partisanship.

    Do you really care about the "little people?" Why not where their contributions are going? How many people do you believe those contributions could have helped out of poverty

    Leading Union Political Campaign Contributors: 1990-2010

    Union and contribution to political party, Democrats first column and Republicans Second number

    Democrats Republicans
    American Fed. of State, County, & Municipal Employees $40,281,900 $ 547,700
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 29,705,600 679,000
    National Education Association 27,679,300 2,005,200
    Service Employees International Union 26,368,470 98,700
    Communication Workers of America 26,305,500 125,300
    Service Employees International Union 26,252,000 1,086,200
    Laborers Union 25,734,000 2,138,000
    American Federation of Teachers 25,682,800 200,000
    United Auto Workers 25,082,200 182,700
    Teamsters Union 24,926,400 1,822,000
    Carpenters and Joiners Union 24,094,100 2,658,000
    Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union 23,875,600 226,300
    United Food and Commercial Workers Union 23,182,000 334,200
    AFL-CIO 17,124,300 713,500
    Sheet Metal Workers Union 16,347,200 342,800
    Plumbers & Pipefitters Union 14,790,000 818,500
    Operating Engineers Union 13,840,000 2,309,500
    Airline Pilots Association 12,806,600 2,398,300
    International Association of Firefighters 12,421,700 2,685,400
    United Transportation Workers 11,807,000 1,459,300
    Ironworkers Union 11,638,900 936,000
    American Postal Workers Union 11,633,100 544,300
    Nat'l Active & Retired Fed. Employees Association 8,135,400 2,294,600
    Seafarers International Union 6,726,800 1,281,300
    Instead of facts disputing the economic impact of Wall Street on the middle class,poor and elderly you rant on changing the subject, why? Because you can't dispute the facts, you can no longer say that the rich do not steal from the poor, some of the rich made their fortunes by taking the food out of the mouths of the poor and elderly, by making the poor and elderly choose between food/medicine and heating their homes.

    If you have used your wealth to make more money to inflate prices that makes it easy to see why you are so defensive, Wall Street needs to be regulated especially in areas that effect the essential needs of our society

  8. #1138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Instead of facts disputing the economic impact of Wall Street on the middle class,poor and elderly you rant on changing the subject, why? Because you can't dispute the facts, you can no longer say that the rich do not steal from the poor, some of the rich made their fortunes by taking the food out of the mouths of the poor and elderly, by making the poor and elderly choose between food/medicine and heating their homes.

    If you have used your wealth to make more money to inflate prices that makes it easy to see why you are so defensive, Wall Street needs to be regulated especially in areas that effect the essential needs of our society
    Rich people aren't the reason why poor people are poor. Poor people are the reason why poor people are poor



  9. #1139
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,256

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Rich people aren't the reason why poor people are poor. Poor people are the reason why poor people are poor
    Since you bring it up, what is the state of income mobility in the United States?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #1140
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Instead of facts disputing the economic impact of Wall Street on the middle class,poor and elderly you rant on changing the subject, why? Because you can't dispute the facts, you can no longer say that the rich do not steal from the poor, some of the rich made their fortunes by taking the food out of the mouths of the poor and elderly, by making the poor and elderly choose between food/medicine and heating their homes.

    If you have used your wealth to make more money to inflate prices that makes it easy to see why you are so defensive, Wall Street needs to be regulated especially in areas that effect the essential needs of our society
    You make wild accusations that you never back up with data showing how many people have been screwed by speculators and Wall Street. Still waiting for that data? Op ed articles are opinions not fact especially coming from online sites. The only thing that really needs to be regulated is ignorance and that isn't possible although liberals use the stupid for their own advantage and gain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •