Page 107 of 205 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1061
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Attachment 67116232


    Damn Liberal Media
    maybe that's why Michelle has a silly grin and a fat ass?



  2. #1062
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Feeding hungry children is a state responsibility not a Federal Responsibility and has been pointed out when you raise federal taxes you affect state tax revenues.

    Treating the sick is a state responsibility not a Federal responsibility for what does a Federal Bureaucrat know about a problem in Lansing, Michigan?

    Providing shelter is a state responsibility not a Federal Responsibility for when you send money to the Federal Govt. you pay a middleman to do what you should be doing at the state level.

    Keep thinking only with your heart instead of the brain God gave you.
    Moving the goal posts again it would seem. Five minutes ago it was whining about positive results. Now its shifting gears and a new monster rears its ugly head -.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1063
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tax cuts went to everyone who pays taxes. only increasing taxes on the rich means the dems are pandering to class warfare and are afraid of pissing off large numbers of voters. and given the additional spending Obama wants, such hikes will do nothing to solve the deficit and COULD cost job creation
    Indeed they did with the largest cuts going to the richest. And the Dems cannot pander on this issue since it was a Republican President and 92% of the YES votes to pass the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts came from Republicans.... as has been well established and documented.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1064
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberal bull****.
    I already provided documentation of Treasury data that proves it, and you could provide nothing to refute it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1065
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Indeed they did with the largest cuts going to the richest. And the Dems cannot pander on this issue since it was a Republican President and 92% of the YES votes to pass the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts came from Republicans.... as has been well established and documented.
    well when the richest tax payers pay more taxes than most of the rest of america what do you expect.

    What also is documented is that the dems want the rich to pay even more and they don't want the majority of america to have to sacrifice any more to reign in the deficit. Pandering for votes for sure



  6. #1066
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well when the richest tax payers pay more taxes than most of the rest of america what do you expect.

    What also is documented is that the dems want the rich to pay even more and they don't want the majority of america to have to sacrifice any more to reign in the deficit. Pandering for votes for sure
    I do not expect the breaks to go to those who need it the least. That is what I expect.

    I am a Democrat and work in government. I am on record as saying that ALL Americans should pay an increase in federal income tax. I work every day with Dems who share my sentiments. Who exactly does than pander to?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1067
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I do not expect the breaks to go to those who need it the least. That is what I expect.

    I am a Democrat and work in government. I am on record as saying that ALL Americans should pay an increase in federal income tax. I work every day with Dems who share my sentiments. Who exactly does than pander to?
    if you give it to people who "need it the most" what you have done is engaged in income redistribution yet again.

    Pandering for votes is obvious Your PARTY only wants to make the rich pay more and some of the rich NEED the money they have now. Like it or not there are many people making 300-600K a year or so who are actually pretty over extended. people making 50-80K a year often project their own expenses on the rich and figure all those rich people can cough up another 40-60K a year in taxes which is complete BS.



  8. #1068
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Need is as idiotic a phrase as "fair" btw.



  9. #1069
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    About time the media reported what is going on. Why aren't you turned off by the size of the package after the failure of the first stimulus?
    Do you have no sense of humor?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if you give it to people who "need it the most" what you have done is engaged in income redistribution yet again.

    Pandering for votes is obvious Your PARTY only wants to make the rich pay more and some of the rich NEED the money they have now. Like it or not there are many people making 300-600K a year or so who are actually pretty over extended. people making 50-80K a year often project their own expenses on the rich and figure all those rich people can cough up another 40-60K a year in taxes which is complete BS.
    Better call it income re-redistribution ... to account for the trillion dollars we gave to Wall Street and the outsized tax breaks the wealthy received under Bush.

    The fact remains that the rich are paying more in taxes because they have more in relation to everyone else than they've had in generations. "Why is my air conditioning bill so f*cking high?!" "Uh, maybe because you're living in a 30,000 square foot house?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •