Page 102 of 205 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2044

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

  1. #1011
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Educate yourself before you vote, please.

    For starters....
    Your non-sourced quote does nothing to disprove my claim that:

    "Republicans have offered no plans to cut our most wasteful spending, the military-industrial complex and our unfunded optional ME wars."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1012
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    This is what budget analysts do. While it's possible, in theory, to cut spending to the level where current revenues would be sufficient, the reality is that most Americans would not be happy with that level of spending. Most Americans want Social Security, Medicare, safety net programs, a strong national defense, decent schools, and reliable infrastructure. The tax structure we have now cannot support all of those things, even if they are pared down.
    Are you basing your argument on the misconception that the items you listed are the only things our tax money goes towards?

  3. #1013
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    I am not pretending I know anything about your abilities, I am using the information that you are providing me to determine that maybe you don't know as much as you think you do. I even asked you to explain how your method works, why are you dodging?

    Determine the bills, then determine the income. It does not work in reverse.
    What is it about there being only two sides of a budget to work with that you do not understand?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1014
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your non-sourced quote does nothing to disprove my claim that:

    "Republicans have offered no plans to cut our most wasteful spending, the military-industrial complex and our unfunded optional ME wars."
    House Approves GOP 2012 Budget On Party-Line Vote | Fox News
    House passes Republican budget for FY 2011 in 235-189 vote - The Hill's Floor Action

    You will also notice that the original plan had more cuts that had to be ammended before the bill was voted on. Just because they are not cutting spending in the areas that YOU FEEL they should, does not mean that they are not attempting to offer budget plans that reduce unecessary government spending.

  5. #1015
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Are you basing your argument on the misconception that the items you listed are the only things our tax money goes towards?
    I'm basing my argument on the fact that the items I listed account for the vast majority of government spending.


  6. #1016
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is it about there being only two sides of a budget to work with that you do not understand?
    The nice thing about forums is that everything is in writing, you can't pretend that I was not clear about what I disagree with you on. Scroll up and read it again.

  7. #1017
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm basing my argument on the fact that the items I listed account for the vast majority of government spending.

    Lol where did you find this? In the kindergarten level government propoganda lesson plan?
    Last edited by Smokified; 09-29-11 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo

  8. #1018
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    The nice thing about forums is that everything is in writing, you can't pretend that I was not clear about what I disagree with you on. Scroll up and read it again.
    this is what you are referring to?

    I even asked you to explain how your method works, why are you dodging?
    My method!??!?!?!?!? My statement that there are only two sides to a budget is my method?

    This is amazing. I never thought that the simple statement that there are only two sides to a budget and both must be dealt with is somehow political heresy and subject to debate. Freaking amazing that things have degenerated this far down the rabbit hole.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1019
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    this is what you are referring to?



    My method!??!?!?!?!? My statement that there are only two sides to a budget is my method?

    This is amazing. I never thought that the simple statement that there are only two sides to a budget and both must be dealt with is somehow political heresy and subject to debate. Freaking amazing that things have degenerated this far down the rabbit hole.
    What is amazing is that you continue to dodge the point and you continue to try and draw the conversation away from it. I asked you to scroll up and re-read it because either you are not paying attention or you are having a hard time understanding what is going on here. I explained to you why I disagree with you and you continue to dodge.

    Instead of acting like a spoiled little child, just back up your statements or shut the **** up and learn something before you go out and vote for more idiots.

  10. #1020
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Lol where did you find this? In the kindergarten level government propoganda lesson plan?
    Yeah, that was the OMB kindergarten data. Do you have an alternative source that supports your argument, or will you just keep making sh*t up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •