Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91

Thread: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

  1. #21
    Rogue Graffias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S
    Last Seen
    08-26-15 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    924

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Whenever I can, I buy American. I don't want to ever see you bitchin' about jobs going overseas or money going to foreign countries when car is manufactured in U.S.
    Many, if not most, foreign cars are manufactured in the United States. They have been for a long time.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Whenever I can, I buy American. I don't want to ever see you bitchin' about jobs going overseas or money going to foreign countries when car is manufactured in U.S.
    The Camry is built primarily in the US. Toyota if I recall correctly only imported around 2000 Camry's into the US. The 300 000+ sold last year were by in large manufactured in the US. If you desire a large car the Toyota Avalon would fit the bill. It is also safer then the Crown Vic.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #23
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The Camry is built primarily in the US. Toyota if I recall correctly only imported around 2000 Camry's into the US. The 300 000+ sold last year were by in large manufactured in the US. If you desire a large car the Toyota Avalon would fit the bill. It is also safer then the Crown Vic.
    You mised the second part of my statement. I buy American from American companies. I don't need or want a car manufactured by a foreign company. I like all profits to stay in the U.S. I realize that many constantly bitch about American companies, but then promote foreign ones. Not me.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by Graffias View Post
    Many, if not most, foreign cars are manufactured in the United States. They have been for a long time.
    Are you guys not reading everything I say? I included the following "or money going to foreign countries when car is mannufactured in U.S."

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You are correct. It is the fault of environmentalists. First they get their liberal buddies in Congress to enact C.A.F.E. standards to force the automotive companies to discontinue manufacturing comfortable and safe vehicles and then they get those same liberal buddies to restrict exploration, drilling, and refining so that the price of gasoline rises beyond what it should. Nice arrangment for tyrants.

    Besides, if environmentalists were truly interested in the environment and saving on energy, they would want to dictate that everybody ride bicycles and ban all cars, as well as air conditioning and heating in homes using gas or electric. But hyprocrites don't want to inconvenience themselves. Instead of actually reducing serious energy use and minimizing pollution that will kill us in the near future, the environmental whackos would rather force people to purchase very, very expensive lightbulbs. Dumb!!
    Lightbulbs are serious energy use. They are a source of that pollution.
    Expensive lightbulbs and vehicles inconvenience me too, you know. So do higher energy prices.
    Did you know that cars can be run on something other than fossil fuels?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You mised the second part of my statement. I buy American from American companies. I don't need or want a car manufactured by a foreign company. I like all profits to stay in the U.S. I realize that many constantly bitch about American companies, but then promote foreign ones. Not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Are you guys not reading everything I say? I included the following "or money going to foreign countries when car is mannufactured in U.S."
    Would you buy a Ford Fusion then?

    How about American cars primarily engineered by foreigners but assembled in the US using a large number of foreign parts?


    A Graphic Representation of What's Really "Made in America" - Feature - Car and Driver

    Provides a list of all automanufacturing sites in North America, what each site builds and the total content of US (and Canadian) content in the vehicle


    Heck I just noticed the Ford Crown Victoria is not even built in the US, but in Canada.
    Last edited by Lord Tammerlain; 09-17-11 at 05:50 PM.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Lightbulbs are serious energy use. They are a source of that pollution.
    Expensive lightbulbs and vehicles inconvenience me too, you know. So do higher energy prices.
    Did you know that cars can be run on something other than fossil fuels?
    Yes, I do know. That is why I only said those powered by gasoline. I do need to add one more and that is any car that takes a charge from electricity. But, if you want to use a car that uses solar or wind or nuclear power, fine. As for lightbulbs, I will stack the use of energy using airconditioning and furnaces anytime versus the usage of lightbulbs. Besides, we still use lightbulbs. We would burn less energy and use less co2 if we banned lightbulbs. We can add them to the list if you would like.

  8. #28
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Would you buy a Ford Fusion then?
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    How about American cars primarily engineered by foreigners but assembled in the US using a large number of foreign parts?
    If given the chance, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    A Graphic Representation of What's Really "Made in America" - Feature - Car and Driver

    Provides a list of all automanufacturing sites in North America, what each site builds and the total content of US (and Canadian) content in the vehicle
    Unfortunately, not a lot made in the U.S. anymore. I would suggest legislation to change that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Heck I just noticed the Ford Crown Victoria is not even built in the US, but in Canada.
    That's fine. I would suggest legislation to try to change that too; however, I have never bought one.
    Last edited by LesGovt; 09-17-11 at 06:31 PM.

  9. #29
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    My my - what ever will the cops use for cop cars now?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #30
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Last Ford Crown Victoria rolls of the assembly line

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You mised the second part of my statement. I buy American from American companies. I don't need or want a car manufactured by a foreign company. I like all profits to stay in the U.S. I realize that many constantly bitch about American companies, but then promote foreign ones. Not me.
    I think what you mean is that you buy Ford, since you apparently wouldn't by a Chrysler or GM -- even though you as a taxpayer are part owner of the latter.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •