Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 284

Thread: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i don't publish fiction my friend , i publish the facts, like 'em or lump 'em, and you have made your posistion clear, that you will continue to live in a fantasy land, and avoid all reality. let me ask you a question....what has the republican secondary mantra of 'starve the beast ' accomplished? especially, when the republicans are as guilty as the dems for deficit spending? seems to me they are doing spending while cutting the means to pay for it....just my opinion, just sayin'...
    There is nothing in your post remotely related to a fact, those are your opinions. Why do you believe this Administration that they will use any additional revenue to lower the deficit? Where are those cuts in this proposal? Think about it and verify the rhetoric. There are NO cuts, i.e. winding down the Iraq/Afghanistan War is already happening thus no new cuts.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    doesnt do anything for me, just stating the facts ma'am....your a republican
    Ok, if that is what you want to believe, great. Why don't you admit who you are, a liberal, because that is what you are yet you call yourself a centrist.

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ok, if that is what you want to believe, great. Why don't you admit who you are, a liberal, because that is what you are yet you call yourself a centrist.
    i call myself a centrist, as that is what i am, i , unlike you, am able to call 'bullcrap' on both sides when i see it...you, on the other hand, can't get past repub talking points, can't see that repubs do the same things you accuse dems of...that somehow, in your world, for whatever reason, if both are doing the same thing, as long as one has an (R) next to their name , you will vote for them and fight for them until the bitter end....dealing with reality is not your strong suit my friend.

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is nothing in your post remotely related to a fact, those are your opinions. Why do you believe this Administration that they will use any additional revenue to lower the deficit? Where are those cuts in this proposal? Think about it and verify the rhetoric. There are NO cuts, i.e. winding down the Iraq/Afghanistan War is already happening thus no new cuts.
    when have republicans actually practiced what they preach when it comes to 'fiscal responsibility'? wait for it...wait for it..wait for....NEVER, NOT IN THE LAST 30 YEARS AT LEAST

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i call myself a centrist, as that is what i am, i , unlike you, am able to call 'bullcrap' on both sides when i see it...you, on the other hand, can't get past repub talking points, can't see that repubs do the same things you accuse dems of...that somehow, in your world, for whatever reason, if both are doing the same thing, as long as one has an (R) next to their name , you will vote for them and fight for them until the bitter end....dealing with reality is not your strong suit my friend.
    I have given you reality, 25 million plus unemployed and under employed, declining labor force, 1% GDP growth, 4 trillion added to the debt, rising misery index so tell me where those talking points are? Then there is this

    IRS Data Show Most Millionaires Pay Taxes At Higher Rate Than Middle Class | Fox News

    So Obama has lied again, when are you going to admit that?

  6. #246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    when have republicans actually practiced what they preach when it comes to 'fiscal responsibility'? wait for it...wait for it..wait for....NEVER, NOT IN THE LAST 30 YEARS AT LEAST
    Ok, answer the question were the deficits higher or lower when the GOP Controlled Congress than when the Democrats controlled Congress? Bush and Congress spent too much but Obama and Congress has put that spending on steroids. The lessor of the two evils are the Republicans.

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ok, answer the question were the deficits higher or lower when the GOP Controlled Congress than when the Democrats controlled Congress? Bush and Congress spent too much but Obama and Congress has put that spending on steroids. The lessor of the two evils are the Republicans.
    doesnt matter, as you are trying to defend the republicans....both are guilty of deficit spending, but you give a pass to one, and not the other, why is that? " but but but they do it too!!" or "but but but they spend more!!!" is not a justification or an adequate defense for your blind loyalty .

  8. #248
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    doesnt matter, as you are trying to defend the republicans....both are guilty of deficit spending, but you give a pass to one, and not the other, why is that? " but but but they do it too!!" or "but but but they spend more!!!" is not a justification or an adequate defense for your blind loyalty .
    Some people have yet to realize that when you charge a thousand dollars on a credit card it can cost you tens of thousands later if not paid back in a reasonable amount of time. Obama got handed a delinquent credit card from Bush and his minions are fighting as hard as they can to pass that buck.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ok, answer the question were the deficits higher or lower when the GOP Controlled Congress than when the Democrats controlled Congress? Bush and Congress spent too much but Obama and Congress has put that spending on steroids. The lessor of the two evils are the Republicans.
    So again, your point isn't that the Republican party has practiced any amount of conservative fiscal responsibility; it's that they won't take us to hell as quickly. That's not really a ringing endorsement.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #250
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So again, your point isn't that the Republican party has practiced any amount of conservative fiscal responsibility; it's that they won't take us to hell as quickly. That's not really a ringing endorsement.
    Well, as long as the rich don't have to go to hell with the rest of the world, they don't care.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •