Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 284

Thread: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As usual you miss the point, you are the one concerned about govt. revenue, you are the one calling for the rich to pay more, you are the one that believes we have a revenue problem, not me. I am pointing out that if you want revenue there is a place to get it other than going after the ones paying the most now.

    When did this country become one where a large group of people believe they are "entitled" to the income earned by others? still waiting for a definition of fair share which you continue to ignore? The only way to enact a fair share tax is with the flat tax or the consumption tax where everyone pays something and people are taxed on what they use. Progressive taxes create class warfare and envy which you show on every post. Tell me how much more of your income are you sending in that required? No one is stopping you, Buffet or anyone else from sending in more income if you feel we have a revenue problem.
    yes conservative, we have a revenue problem, we are not bringing in enough, yes conservative, we also have a spending problem, and we need to address both problems, increasing revenue and decreasing spending....as has been explained to you a thousand and one times, to get our fiscal house in order, we have to address both.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    yes conservative, we have a revenue problem, we are not bringing in enough, yes conservative, we also have a spending problem, and we need to address both problems, increasing revenue and decreasing spending....as has been explained to you a thousand and one times, to get our fiscal house in order, we have to address both.
    I have no problem with increasing revenues, but I have a major problem with increasing taxes especially in the middle of a near-recession. Based on the comments by Boehner, it appears he is saying the same thing.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #213
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I have no problem with increasing revenues, but I have a major problem with increasing taxes especially in the middle of a near-recession. Based on the comments by Boehner, it appears he is saying the same thing.
    boehner only cares about getting a republican into the whitehouse, and refuses to acknowledge reality, that the republican mantra of 'lower taxes is the cure all' is a load of hot air...he is interested in padering to his base....my opinion might be different if over the last 30 years, the republicans actually practiced what they preached, about fiscal responsibility.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    yes conservative, we have a revenue problem, we are not bringing in enough, yes conservative, we also have a spending problem, and we need to address both problems, increasing revenue and decreasing spending....as has been explained to you a thousand and one times, to get our fiscal house in order, we have to address both.
    When are you going to stop buying the lies coming from this Administration?

    IRS Data Show Most Millionaires Pay Taxes At Higher Rate Than Middle Class | Fox News

    Until the govt. gets its act together and stops spending and then puts 25 plus million Americans that are unemployed and under employed back to work full time, I will never support tax hikes. You, on the other hand, buy what liberals tell you just like you buy what the union stewards tell you. Try doing some research for a change.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    boehner only cares about getting a republican into the whitehouse, and refuses to acknowledge reality, that the republican mantra of 'lower taxes is the cure all' is a load of hot air...he is interested in padering to his base....my opinion might be different if over the last 30 years, the republicans actually practiced what they preached, about fiscal responsibility.
    Isn't that what the Democrats did in 2007-2008? Were the deficits during the Bush term higher or lower when the Republicans controlled the Congress vs. Democrats controlling the Congress?

  6. #216
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    boehner only cares about getting a republican into the whitehouse, and refuses to acknowledge reality, that the republican mantra of 'lower taxes is the cure all' is a load of hot air...he is interested in padering to his base....my opinion might be different if over the last 30 years, the republicans actually practiced what they preached, about fiscal responsibility.
    ahhh, you're bringing crocodile tears to my eyes. Obama is doing nothing but playing politics. He is pandering to his base by acting as if a puny tax on corporate jets will solve all our economic problems. Dem Senators and Reps will not even vote for his phoney bill.

    It was only a year ago that Obama was saying that taxes should NEVER be raised during a recession. While we may not be in a textbook definition of a recession, we are awfully close and the majority of people believe are in one.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #217
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    ahhh, you're bringing crocodile tears to my eyes. Obama is doing nothing but playing politics. He is pandering to his base by acting as if a puny tax on corporate jets will solve all our economic problems. Dem Senators and Reps will not even vote for his phoney bill.

    It was only a year ago that Obama was saying that taxes should NEVER be raised during a recession. While we may not be in a textbook definition of a recession, we are awfully close and the majority of people believe are in one.
    And the Republicans are doing something different? Both are pandering to their party and pointing fingers at the other side claiming it's all their faults while doing nothing to actually fix the problem. That's what we get with the Republocrats, a lot of finger pointing and words...no action. Both sides engage in this behavior and somehow people want to pretend that Republicans and Democrats ain't the same pile of ****.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And the Republicans are doing something different? Both are pandering to their party and pointing fingers at the other side claiming it's all their faults while doing nothing to actually fix the problem. That's what we get with the Republocrats, a lot of finger pointing and words...no action. Both sides engage in this behavior and somehow people want to pretend that Republicans and Democrats ain't the same pile of ****.
    Most people know that the Obama proposal solves nothing and I have yet to see a proposal from you. I have given mine many times so rather than whine and complain which most third party advocates do how about a plan from you?

  9. #219
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And the Republicans are doing something different? Both are pandering to their party and pointing fingers at the other side claiming it's all their faults while doing nothing to actually fix the problem. That's what we get with the Republocrats, a lot of finger pointing and words...no action. Both sides engage in this behavior and somehow people want to pretend that Republicans and Democrats ain't the same pile of ****.
    If I had claimed that Republicans didn't do the same, you might have a point.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #220
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most people know that the Obama proposal solves nothing and I have yet to see a proposal from you. I have given mine many times so rather than whine and complain which most third party advocates do how about a plan from you?
    What proposals has your party come up with that will make a difference? Anything? Anything? Didn't think so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •