Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 284

Thread: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you prove my point....it has been republican economic policy since reagan that has led us to this point, now it is time to pay the piper...bush left office just in time to avoid the consequences of his economic policy, economic policy of republicans for several decades now...the republican mantra, cut taxes cut taxes cut taxes, cutting taxes is the cure all...no, it isnt....and the republican party doesnt care what you make? lol, sweet jeezus, YES THEY DO!! they want the rich richer, corporations richer, their campaign donors richer, they are the party of big(wanting to get bigger) business, and the wealthy, and do everything in their power to help business, and have little regard for those actually making the product, providing the services that this country needs/uses, and scream from the rooftops if those who actually make the products and provide the services ask for a little more whipped cream on their collective piece of the pie. they attempt to change regulations regarding when overtime has to be paid, argue against minimum wage laws, and lose their damned minds when you mention 'union'...they don't care what you make? seems to me they make an effort to keep the actual worker 'in his place', seem to think that we should lick their boots, and be damned thankful we have that 'minimum wage' job that doesnt pay the bills , and all the while trying to gut social programs and safety nets, gut education funding(god forbid you try to get an education so you can move up and join their club, can't have that, we need those low wage workers)

    They don't care what you make? yeah, tell that line of BS to someone else.
    I know this is hard for you to understand as it would take a civics understanding but Congress sets the legislative agenda and it was the Bush Budget passed and supported by the democrat congress in 2008 for 2009 that led to the debt and poor economic results generated. Very few if any Republicans supported that budget but that escapes you. I answered your question so when are you going to answer mine? Your post just goes to show how little you know about our economy and how this is nothing more than class warfare perpetuated by the union thugs. Those evil corporations hire about 20% of the workers, Democrat policies hurt the small busiensses.

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is amazing is that people look back at the 40's and believe that is applicable today. We have laws on the books today so why are unions needed? Look at what unions have done to Detroit today?
    the laws are only as good as the people who write them, and enforce them....legislation is introduced all the time to try and change labor law, to change laws regarding health and safety(usually for the worse, and by republicans) , to change how and when overtime is paid, ......unions serve as watchdogs on labor law, so please , spare me the 'we don't need unions' bs

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I know this is hard for you to understand as it would take a civics understanding but Congress sets the legislative agenda and it was the Bush Budget passed and supported by the democrat congress in 2008 for 2009 that led to the debt and poor economic results generated. Very few if any Republicans supported that budget but that escapes you. I answered your question so when are you going to answer mine? Your post just goes to show how little you know about our economy and how this is nothing more than class warfare perpetuated by the union thugs. Those evil corporations hire about 20% of the workers, Democrat policies hurt the small busiensses.
    you seem to want to ignore(not that i'm shocked by it) that your republican boys have screwed the snot out of the pooch over the last 30 + years economically, with all the tax cuts and empty promises.....i know that is hard for you to understand, and you should probably take a couple of economic courses, i'm sure it could help you, perhaps you should look into that. (see how that works? implying that someone is ignorant or stupid? more people than just you can play that game, just sayin')

  4. #134
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess being right makes me ignorant in your book. 47% of income earners pay zero in FIT so what is their percentage and fair share? you telling me that an income earner cannot pay a $100 a year or something? As usual focus on percentage of income and not the amount paid. Top 1% pay 38% of all taxes paid and liberals don't believe that is their fair share?
    Why would we just look at the federal income taxes in a vacuum? They're designed that way in part to counter balance all the other regressive taxes. It's just an overt attempt by the right to distort the figures.

  5. #135
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    I'm still waiting to hear a Conversative explain how the Republican method of cutting taxes and reducing regulations have been an overall boon for America. How it will result in a different outcome then the previous 3 budget busting Republican presidents and the debt increases they have given the American people.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear a Conversative explain how the Republican method of cutting taxes and reducing regulations have been an overall boon for America. How it will result in a different outcome then the previous 3 budget busting Republican presidents and the debt increases they have given the American people.
    doesnt matter what their results were, they had the magical (R) next to their name, that is all that mattered.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    the laws are only as good as the people who write them, and enforce them....legislation is introduced all the time to try and change labor law, to change laws regarding health and safety(usually for the worse, and by republicans) , to change how and when overtime is paid, ......unions serve as watchdogs on labor law, so please , spare me the 'we don't need unions' bs

    So making new laws is the answer when the govt. doesn't enforce the laws on the books now? Brilliant! I love people with clubs as watchdogs, don't you?

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    agreed...we need spending cuts and tax increases if we are ever going to dig our way out of this mess.
    You're forgetting that the US is not a democracy and therefore what we want is irrelevant.

    There's no guarantee that any tax increase will be applied toward paying off the debt or that any idiotic spending will be cut.

    It's more likely that the tax plan obama is proposing will merely punish the lower millionaires by taxing them and diverting their money to the very rich who control Congress (Wallstreet, oil cos., etc.).

    The federal govt. is just a big hole for money to go into.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you seem to want to ignore(not that i'm shocked by it) that your republican boys have screwed the snot out of the pooch over the last 30 + years economically, with all the tax cuts and empty promises.....i know that is hard for you to understand, and you should probably take a couple of economic courses, i'm sure it could help you, perhaps you should look into that. (see how that works? implying that someone is ignorant or stupid? more people than just you can play that game, just sayin')
    that is your opinion not put the data up to support that claim? BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the Treasury Dept don't agree with you. Why are they wrong?

  10. #140
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Boehner Asks Debt Panel to Take on Tax Breaks, Reject Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Why would we just look at the federal income taxes in a vacuum? They're designed that way in part to counter balance all the other regressive taxes. It's just an overt attempt by the right to distort the figures.
    Why? because FIT funds the Federal Govt. How have I distorted the figures? By the way what do you think a rise in Federal Income taxes are going to do to state tax revenue?

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •