Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 358

Thread: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    OK, you mean the person who posted it. As you separated your response, I thought you were refering to the article, which is different.
    Yes, Danarhea's commentary greatly implied (probably more then just implication, but whatever) Walker's guilt.

    I thought OP was "original post" - meaning Dan's original post, no?

  2. #142
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    a statement from J-mac




    my response and question to him



    his response to my question



    Now either your answer makes no sense in any way, shape or form, or you seem to hve forgotten the very words you typed in your first statement with the contradictory accusation that people did these terrible things and were convicted and the charges dropped. Holder did not make this claim - YOU did.

    I ask you again, how can one be convicted of something if the charges have been dropped? Those are two opposite actions.

    Can you explain this for us please?
    It's obvious that he can't just as he can't explain why the presumption of innocence applies to Walker (a repub) but not Obama (a dem)

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    yep, con, we are all just thugs obviously we are un-American for belonging to a union for daring to want a better life , for wanting to live the American dream, for having the belief that our labor is valuable never mind the fact that we have families, much like you, i'm sure, never mind that we pay taxes, much like you i'm sure, that we give to charity, again, as you have stated several times, much like you...how much easier life would be in this country if the labor force just all bent over and took it... just want you to know, i do find your uneducated, anti-union rants amusing. UAW AND PROUD OF IT.
    And to think just a short while ago Conservative was whining about how Walker has been "convicted by liberals". Meanwhile, he's "convicted" every union member. The hypocrisy and dishonesty of the rightwingers knows no bounds
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #143
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Q: If the facts are so obvious and clear, why do the people pushing right to work continue to push it?
    The answer from Dr. Lafer was in two parts
    1) they simply hate unions as part of their ideology and political bent
    2) we live in a time when facts and statistics mean precious little compared to beliefs
    Both describe the rightwingers to a tee....hatred and ignorance go hand in hand
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #144
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess that is why 88% of the work force doesn't belong to unions since they love them so much. Keep promoting that anti personal responsibility attitude which has helped put 25 million plus unemployed and under employed Americans on the street looking for full time jobs. Don't worry though, there will always be a govt. job waiting for you as long as politicians have someone else to fund them.
    88% of the workforce aren't teabaggers, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's obvious that he can't just as he can't explain why the presumption of innocence applies to Walker (a repub) but not Obama (a dem)
    Oh puhleeze! Talk about dishonesty in posting.....Please show me where I said Obama was guilty of anything. Please show me where I called Obama a criminal? You can't so sit down and STFU.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Both describe the rightwingers to a tee....hatred and ignorance go hand in hand
    Put down the mirror troll.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #147
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    88% of the workforce aren't teabaggers, either.
    I am a tea party member, and if your pejorative for me is a 'teabagger' you childish puke, then I guess I am teabagging you.

    j-mac

    PS. this is BS and pathetic, I am outta here.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am a tea party member, and if your pejorative for me is a 'teabagger' you childish puke, then I guess I am teabagging you.

    j-mac

    PS. this is BS and pathetic, I am outta here.
    Most of Sagha's posts are. I don't even bother responding to him because he is mostly ridiculous.

  9. #149
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh puhleeze! Talk about dishonesty in posting.....Please show me where I said Obama was guilty of anything. Please show me where I called Obama a criminal? You can't so sit down and STFU.

    j-mac
    1) You've accused Obama of prosecuting Gibson because Gibson didn't contribute to Obamas' campaign. Then you backed off your inane accusation and called it "speculation" proving that even you know how dishonest your accusation was

    2) You have accused the entire Obama admin of corruption in this thread. I already quoted the post. Herer it is again.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This whole administration stinks of corruption.

    j-mac
    The only thing to do now is wait for you to falsely claim you were speculating
    Last edited by sangha; 09-16-11 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Probe surrounding Wis. governor apparently growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Fair and honorable to whom? I don't really have a problem with private unions as such because private sector management has to deal with the shareholders and Board when they make a bad decision. That bad decision doesn't impact the taxpayer but public unions are another issue. I will never support public union employees for the same reason FDR didn't and I was not a FDR fan.
    Actually, they do only in a non-direct way. When employees are fired they impact the greater society because they, too, have to file for unemployment benefits. By default, unless the state has the tax dollars to pay for those benefits the States get the money from the Fed. Now, some might argue that that's the way the laws are written, but how do you think the States get these unemployment dollars? Answer: VIA TAXES paid by consumers and corporate income taxes. Now, consider what you just said concerning lowering corporate tax rates and companies that pay too much state taxes leaving for another state? Ever think that's what happened to Detroit when auto makers started leaving? How about those states that don't collect income taxes from out-of-state companies as an incentive to get them to start businesses within their state?

    You see, folks who just rely on one side of the equation rarely take the time to see the other side. I pride myself on trying to remain "objective". So, I take the time to study both sides of the equation. There's right and wrong on both sides but as things apply today, I'd say public unions are right and state governments are wrong.

    Who pays public sector union employees and who represents the will of the employer? Public unions negotiate with a politician who will be out of office sometime in the future but the taxpayers are obligated for the deals made. It is always easier negotiating with someone else's money.


    If the employees of a private sector business wants to unionize then it is up to the company to decide whether they will accept that or move out of state or out of the country. Name for me any union that pays minimum wage and then do the same thing for large corporations that aren't unionized. Minimum wage goes to mostly people between the ages of 16-24 not Fortune 500 companies. Tell me what any union has invested in either the private or public sector. Private sector companies cannot print money like the Federal govt. can so when they cannot meet their expenses they shut down. The public sector just raises taxes or the Federal Govt. prints or borrows more money. What many don't seem to understand is that businesses today pay Federal, State, and in some cases local taxes so when you raise the Federal Taxes you impact state revenue as well. Most companies will move out of high tax states to lower tax states when federal taxes go up. TX has no problem taking on new businesses and new taxpayers.
    Using the deeds of past politicians as an excuse for the inaction of present-day politicians who ignored the warning signs of their state's crumbling economy is their fault, not the fault of the dutiful state employees who did nothing to deserve what some states are doing to them. The warning signs were there. The States simply failed to act in a timely and decisive manner. Some would say they did (as in the case of my state) by freezing raises on public employees, but that same freeze should have been applied to the politicians who we elect to responsibly manage those tax dollars you so earnestly conveat. I appreciate those tax dollars as well because contrary to popular belief I PAY LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES, TOO! My salary is NOT a free-ride.

    No question about it some corporations are irresponsible but so are some public sector employers and employees. Irresponsibility is rewarded by companies going out of business in the private sector but in the public sector it is rewarded by higher taxes on the people that pay the bills. Sound reasonable to you?
    I'd buy that argument except there's just one thing you failed to consider...

    States, because they are soverign, cannot declare bankruptcy. So, your argument here is moot.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-16-11 at 05:58 PM.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •