Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #921
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,670

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is an ad hominem attack on Professor Dershowitz which indicates you hate him because of his politics. It says nothing about his arguments which remain intact.
    He is a hack because he ignores the huge irregularities perpetrated by

    1) the dem party as they extended the contest period and shortened the protest period

    2) the dem party trying to change the rules in Florida in contravention of what the legislature had decreed

    3) the Dem dominated supreme court of florida that overruled 7 different trial courts

    4) His arguments are essentially that the USSC should have ignored the obvious errors of the SCOFLA(w)



  2. #922
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What if the lending institution inflates the real value of the home being purchased or value of a home in second mortgage situation? Would you say in that case this was a predatory loan situation? Further, lending institution sells the 'paper' to an investment bank who bundles them together and turns them into securities which eventually rated by a rating firm such as S&P as AAA.
    When you bought your home did you read the contract? Did you know what your payments were going to be? Second mortgages didn't cause this problem and you know it but the same principle applies, why would anyone sign on to a loan that they couldn't pay? I understand the lending insitution but to blame them is ridiculous. Individual responsibility doesn't exist in your world, does it?

  3. #923
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    When you bought your home did you read the contract? Did you know what your payments were going to be? Second mortgages didn't cause this problem and you know it but the same principle applies, why would anyone sign on to a loan that they couldn't pay? I understand the lending insitution but to blame them is ridiculous. Individual responsibility doesn't exist in your world, does it?
    Please post evidence that people were taking out loans they knews they couldn't pay? Looks to me like you're making **** up again.

  4. #924
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When you bought your home did you read the contract? Did you know what your payments were going to be? Second mortgages didn't cause this problem and you know it but the same principle applies, why would anyone sign on to a loan that they couldn't pay? I understand the lending insitution but to blame them is ridiculous. Individual responsibility doesn't exist in your world, does it?
    You do realize legally financial corporations are regarded as individuals.

  5. #925
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You do realize legally financial corporations are regarded as individuals.
    Thank you, now explain what that has to do with people signing for loans that they cannot pay back?

  6. #926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Thank you, now explain what that has to do with people signing for loans that they cannot pay back?
    Did you post evidence that anyone took out a loan they knew they couldn't pay back and I missed it?? How'd that happen?

  7. #927
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thank you, now explain what that has to do with people signing for loans that they cannot pay back?
    got any evidence of anyone taking out a loan that they KNEW they could not pay back?

  8. #928
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thank you, now explain what that has to do with people signing for loans that they cannot pay back?
    Why do financial corps. (legally regarded as individuals) make loans they know people will not be able to pay back?

    After all the financial corps are supposed to be experts in this right?
    Last edited by winston53660; 09-18-11 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #929
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    got any evidence of anyone taking out a loan that they KNEW they could not pay back?
    You are kidding, right, this is an act? Foreclosure records set, obviously because the banks wanted the houses back?

  10. #930
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why do financial corps. (legally regarded as individuals) make loans they know people they know people will not be able to pay back?

    After all the financial corps are supposed to be experts in this right?
    Because they could bundle the loans and make money off them. What does that have to do with people taking out loans that they cannot repay? Where does personal responsibility lie in your world? Who held a gun to the borrowers head and forced them to sign on the dotted line?

Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •