Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #771
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why wouldn't it be about Obama? 25 million plus unemployed and under employed Americans, declining labor force, 4 trillion added to the debt, increasing misery index, lack of leadership in the world, meager economic growth, and turning our backs on our best ally in the Middle East!
    Because we're talking about a state assemblyman who had no official track record with Obama, who took stands on local and moral issues that didn't sit well with the local electorate, who obviously had no idea how to run a campaign against a living breathing opponent, and who couldn't be bothered to actually court the people whose vote he wanted. If you make it about anything other than a moron who expected to win simply because of the "D" next to his name, you're making more out of it than there is.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #772
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    If you understood NY9, then you would not be saying there was a local issue here. This is a district that is conditioned to just pull the D level without a thought. Many years there isn't even a Republican opponent there.
    I'm quite familiar with New York politics, and I've done a lot of reading on this particular election. I'm not doing what Conservative is doing -- blindly assigning meaning that doesn't exist.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #773
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Why did you let this pbrauer person use his anti- Jewish invective spew without comment?

    Funny how the hard left can be racist and no one call even bothers to call them out on it?
    Either make your case or apologize washunut.


  4. #774
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Because we're talking about a state assemblyman who had no official track record with Obama, who took stands on local and moral issues that didn't sit well with the local electorate, who obviously had no idea how to run a campaign against a living breathing opponent, and who couldn't be bothered to actually court the people whose vote he wanted. If you make it about anything other than a moron who expected to win simply because of the "D" next to his name, you're making more out of it than there is.
    But it is about someone that would go to Washington to help advance the obama agenda and the people of NY 9 said NO. Whether or not he ran a good campaign is irrelevant as Obama made it tough on him for it was the Obama record that was part of the debate and those that continue to support that record are going to lose big in 2012 including the 23 democrat Senators on the ballot.

  5. #775
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    But it is about someone that would go to Washington to help advance the obama agenda and the people of NY 9 said NO. Whether or not he ran a good campaign is irrelevant as Obama made it tough on him for it was the Obama record that was part of the debate and those that continue to support that record are going to lose big in 2012 including the 23 democrat Senators on the ballot.
    I like how you're so naively right-wing that it's all about Obama, and nothing to do with Park 51 or gay marriage or not knowing how to campaign or offending people whose support he needed to ensure victory.

    In other words, I like how you think it's all about Obama and nothing to do with reality.

    I also like how part of your argument for the truth of this unreality is that the media agrees with you. Well, if the media's got the right idea, Conservative, then I'm assuming you won't write this off as left-wing media bias:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...-congress.html
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 09-17-11 at 07:37 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #776
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I like how you're so naively right-wing that it's all about Obama, and nothing to do with Park 51 or gay marriage or not knowing how to campaign or offending people whose support he needed to ensure victory.

    In other words, I like how you think it's all about Obama and nothing to do with reality.

    I also like how part of your argument for the truth of this unreality is that the media agrees with you. Well, if the media's got the right idea, Conservative, then I'm assuming you won't write this off as left-wing media bias:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...-congress.html
    What I like is you ignoring the role of a Congressman and support or lack of support for his agenda. In this case lack of support.

  7. #777
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    See, that's the funny thing -- my argument is that part of the reason the man lost is his agenda. Read that again -- his agenda. Not Obama's. The things that he did and believed in, not Obama.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #778
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    See, that's the funny thing -- my argument is that part of the reason the man lost is his agenda. Read that again -- his agenda. Not Obama's. The things that he did and believed in, not Obama.
    What do you think a Freshmen Congressman's role is? Tell me you haven't been brainwashed into believing that this was a local election? Too many people don't seem to have a clue.

  9. #779
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I'm quite familiar with New York politics, and I've done a lot of reading on this particular election. I'm not doing what Conservative is doing -- blindly assigning meaning that doesn't exist.
    You may be familiar with NY politics, but I actually lived in that district the first 20+ years of my life. I did not follow the election, just assumed it was a slam dunk. Only when I heard on morning Joe I think the day before that it was actually a race, but even then did not think a Republican would actually win.

  10. #780
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you think a Freshmen Congressman's role is? Tell me you haven't been brainwashed into believing that this was a local election? Too many people don't seem to have a clue.
    Congressional elections are by their very nature local elections -- elections in which only a relatively small locality can vote. They are each about the beliefs, needs and desires of a small portion of the population.

    Anyway, since you're holding up the media as a source of truth now that they agree with your partisan perspective, then no doubt you also believe CNN is telling the truth about more people trusting Obama on the economy than the Republicans in Congress.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •