Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #551
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Congratulations, 2 out of 68 Districts. You must be so proud?
    So? You only had ONE, 2 is twice that. Even they had more data than you, and they hadn't gone so far as to claim that this was a rebuke of Republicans either. In fact, they cited 6 seats won by Democrats, 6 times your data in the State. Man, talk about cult follower.
    Last edited by Ikari; 09-15-11 at 07:39 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Modus

    this also reminds me of how congressman Chris Lee (R-NY) who resigned for doing just about the same thing, and was succeeded by democrat Kathy Hochul, or did you guys seem to forget?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    NY 9 hasn't elected a Republican in almost 90 years, and as I posted the constituents wants Weiner to stay on so to claim this was because of the Weiner scandal is just plain bs.
    Umm, until June of this year NY-26 had only 3 Democrats since Abraham Lincoln became the first Republican in the White House and a Republican sat in that seat for 138 of the last 154 years.

    Like Weiner, if fell because of a scandal.

  3. #553
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If Obama supported Israel more do you think the Republican would have won? LOL, you just cannot admit that you are wrong on any issue.
    Irony ALERT. Irony ALERT.

    Politics are local Con, this has nothing to do with Obama.


  4. #554
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    You can't talk logic to someone who thinks that GWB was an economic genius.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Do you remember this at all? It was huge at the time. They blamed Clinton policy for bringing about the nuclear situation in North Korea that they had to then deal with.

    I mean, you're experienced and wiser yes? Can you honestly not remember what happened during the Bush administration. Furthermore, other quotes were provided to you from Bush and his admin blaming Clinton for problems he had to deal with during his presidency. The same exact thing you criticize liberals for doing and then launching into an attack claiming they don't understand civics or leadership and what have you. Jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo stick.
    And was he wrong? what Obama is doing is blaming Bush for what he and the Congress helped create. Congress has a role in the economic policy and spending. When you were going for your PHD did they teach you civics?

  6. #556
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Umm, until June of this year NY-26 had only 3 Democrats since Abraham Lincoln became the first Republican in the White House and a Republican sat in that seat for 138 of the last 154 years.

    Like Weiner, if fell because of a scandal.
    Enough of your relentless logic!

    But man, Con is really highlighting one of my big pet peevs with the Republocrats. Points fingers at the other side "Oh Obama says it's Bush's fault, that shows lack of blah blah blah" But when shown data that his side did the same, it's the fingers in the ear tactic. Each side points fingers at the other and claims some form of moral high ground; yet none seem to see that they are doing the exact same thing.

    No wonder the Republic is headed down the crapper. People would much rather spend their time pointing fingers than trying to influence the system for the better. So long as people are not thinking, there is no hope to recover the Republic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. This is part of your ASSUMPTION, which you have no data to back up.
    Greenberg Breaks Down NY9 Poll Results

    "They do not like Obama very much".

    Welprin started out well ahead of Turner. If this was about Weiner, that would not have been the case. Now, if Turner is even within 6 of Welprin, one can argue that it had something to do with Weiner. That from there it switches 12 points, points to Obama.

  8. #558
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You can't talk logic to someone who thinks that GWB was an economic genius.
    We all know that Obama isn't an economic genius and it is the Obame economy that led to defeat in NY 9. Keep buying the Obama rhetoric. It sure is working in California, isn't it? 12% unemployment? How is Disneyland doing?

  9. #559
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And was he wrong? what Obama is doing is blaming Bush for what he and the Congress helped create. Congress has a role in the economic policy and spending. When you were going for your PHD did they teach you civics?
    Aww, jealous of my education. It doesn't make me better then everyone, just people who have no knack with logic. And as shown in the article, they were wrong. The blame Clinton defense was deflection against Bush's own failed policies to keep North Korea in control and that's what led to the crisis.

    You seem to be exhibiting long term memory problems.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #560
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Enough of your relentless logic!

    But man, Con is really highlighting one of my big pet peevs with the Republocrats. Points fingers at the other side "Oh Obama says it's Bush's fault, that shows lack of blah blah blah" But when shown data that his side did the same, it's the fingers in the ear tactic. Each side points fingers at the other and claims some form of moral high ground; yet none seem to see that they are doing the exact same thing.

    No wonder the Republic is headed down the crapper. People would much rather spend their time pointing fingers than trying to influence the system for the better. So long as people are not thinking, there is no hope to recover the Republic.
    Wow, how the polls in June say differently

    Poll: Majority Of Weiner's Constituents Think He Should Stay In Office | TPMDC

Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •