Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I believe it's about punishing the Democrats for Anthony Weiner. In addition, there is a lot of frustration towards Obama, and that is also a factor. Face it - Obama promised to lead, and he didn't.
    There's no doubt that some voted out of their frustration over Obama, I just don't think the majority did.

    I think people are getting sick of incumbents both Dem and rep and not just Obama.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    How am I destroying credibility by saying we can't prove either of our interpretations as absolutely true? I think you are the one losing credibility when you say absolutely it was because of Obama.

    Your foaming at the mouth hatred for Obama blinds you from seeing any other interpretations. You are now blaming Obama for practically everything. I do hope you seek help for your ODS.
    You miss the point, I have no such hatred for Obama, seems like a good guy personally and a good family man, but in way over his head regarding the position he holds. I prefer to believe that because I don't want to accept the fact that he would be doing this on purpose.

    For almost 90 years this District voted Democrat and in fact in 2010 during the Republican landslide this District remained Democrat. Now with the economic results we have today this District went Republican for the first time in almost 90 years? think about it and no matter how you want to spin it, the economy of the United States is a disaster today because of Barack Obama and his attempt at change which is contrary to the foundation upon which this country was built.

    Seems that with the JAR today for Obama that I am not the only one blaming Obama for the economic results. he has been in office over 2 1/2 years and you will be asked are you better off today than you were in January 2009? With more unemployed, fewer in the labor force, fewer jobs, greater debt, higher misery index the answer by most is going to be NO and that violates what obama promised.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Conservative need to face the fact that President Obama will likely win re-election. They also need to realize the fact that in either Romney or Perry they have two very flawed candidates for President. Plan on Obama leaving office Jan 20, 2017.
    You voted for Obama who lacked the experience or the skills for the job so I wouldn't be talking about flawed candidates. The people are waking up to the mistake they made in 2008 and liberals like you just cannot see it. 2012 will be 2010 all over again this time in a Presidential election. Are you better off today than you were in January 2009? Most according to the polls say no but that they are worse off

  4. #414
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    The Jews of NY-9 are not typical. A much larger percentage than usual are Orthodox, a group that has been increasingly willing to vote Republican anyway, but which accounts for only about 10% of the Jewish community. Not only are they more strongly connected to Israel and to Israeli policies that many on the American left oppose, but they lack many of the views that keep the rest of the Jewish community so liberal.


    Non-Orthodox Jews are driven in many ways by social issues and the group identities that go with them. The Jews of NY-9 support gay marriage by only a 45-43% margin, with an Orthodox rabbi being featured in robocalls sponsored by the National Organization for Marriage. Nationally, Jews overall support gay marriage by a 75-18% margin, a result Pew found to be more lopsided than any demographic except atheists.

    » NY-9 Race May Be A Political Awakening In A Jewish Community – But Can These Conditions Be Duplicated? - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion


  5. #415
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You voted for Obama who lacked the experience or the skills for the job so I wouldn't be talking about flawed candidates. The people are waking up to the mistake they made in 2008 and liberals like you just cannot see it. 2012 will be 2010 all over again this time in a Presidential election. Are you better off today than you were in January 2009? Most according to the polls say no but that they are worse off
    LOL...says the man who STILL hasn't woken up to the disaster of the previous administration. Sorry Con....but it sort of rings hollow coming from a man who thinks that GWB was an economic genius.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #416
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You voted for Obama who lacked the experience or the skills for the job so I wouldn't be talking about flawed candidates. The people are waking up to the mistake they made in 2008 and liberals like you just cannot see it. 2012 will be 2010 all over again this time in a Presidential election. Are you better off today than you were in January 2009? Most according to the polls say no but that they are worse off
    BTW Con.....how well do you think that is going to hold for the Republican congress that ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and has done nothing since regaining the house to address the economy?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You miss the point, I have no such hatred for Obama, seems like a good guy personally and a good family man, but in way over his head regarding the position he holds. I prefer to believe that because I don't want to accept the fact that he would be doing this on purpose.

    For almost 90 years this District voted Democrat and in fact in 2010 during the Republican landslide this District remained Democrat. Now with the economic results we have today this District went Republican for the first time in almost 90 years? think about it and no matter how you want to spin it, the economy of the United States is a disaster today because of Barack Obama and his attempt at change which is contrary to the foundation upon which this country was built.

    Seems that with the JAR today for Obama that I am not the only one blaming Obama for the economic results. he has been in office over 2 1/2 years and you will be asked are you better off today than you were in January 2009? With more unemployed, fewer in the labor force, fewer jobs, greater debt, higher misery index the answer by most is going to be NO and that violates what obama promised.
    None of what you just posted negates what I said about neither of us can prove that our interpretations are 100% correct like you think yours is.

    I can easy point out that people are tired of govt spending from both the Dems and Reps.

    There is not only ONE factor involved. You are thinking in absolutes when it isn't Black and White. The only reason we don't have viable third party candidates is because people like you refuse to change and realize there are more than just two options.

    The worst thing to ever happen to this country is the two party system and only the people are to blame.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...says the man who STILL hasn't woken up to the disaster of the previous administration. Sorry Con....but it sort of rings hollow coming from a man who thinks that GWB was an economic genius.
    Right, Disney, 2 1/2 years later and after having 4 years of Democrat Control of the Legislative Process and purse strings, Liberals still blame the problems on Bush. That is another example of people who don't understand leadership skills and responsibilities. This is the Obama economy and that is a fact. The results today are Obama's and the results when he took office were just as much the Congress under Democrat control as it was Bush's but liberals who are brainwashed don't seem to accept that fact.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    None of what you just posted negates what I said about neither of us can prove that our interpretations are 100% correct like you think yours is.

    I can easy point out that people are tired of govt spending from both the Dems and Reps.

    There is not only ONE factor involved. You are thinking in absolutes when it isn't Black and White. The only reason we don't have viable third party candidates is because people like you refuse to change and realize there are more than just two options.

    The worst thing to ever happen to this country is the two party system and only the people are to blame.
    It is what it is, the two party system. If you want to change it then do it from the grass roots not the top down. It is easy to blame the two party system that we have today but until you change it, all third party supporters are doing is whining.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is what it is, the two party system. If you want to change it then do it from the grass roots not the top down. It is easy to blame the two party system that we have today but until you change it, all third party supporters are doing is whining.
    No, we also vote for our best alternative candidate. Remember when you said that? I'm sorry that the Republocrats have not fielded that best alternative candidate. So I guess we'll continue with our "spoiler" votes and you can continue to lose until you put up someone better.

    Just don't sit there and think that you're actually changing the status quo by supporting the status quo. That's just silly.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •