Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #321
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I posted the numeric facts and when you don't have a mathematical chance of winning why would you allow someone like Obama to win election?
    We have ready addressed this. Because a choice between retard A and retard B still leaves you with a retard. Id rather see a gop house and senate and a president Obama than a financially corrupt GOP house, senate, and white house.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I said in a much earlier posting that votes have consequences.
    They certainly do. You should use yours to move your party in a way which can recapture lost votes. Or lose. The choice is yours.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #323
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Many of us left the GOP not because of Barrack Obama but because of the wreckless and irresponsible legislation of Bush and republicans. Obama was still a crack smokin state rep when I became a libertarian. Until one party demonstrates in action that they are invested in the strength of our nation and not all about gettin reelected, I'm done with them. If more took that position it would force change.
    How is that "Hope and Change" working out for you? How are you going to change the brainwashed, braindead, and clueless? What is the obama approval rating today?

  4. #324
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's very simple. Because if not Obama, then some Republican who will act similarly enough to not make that much of a difference anyway. If your stuck with broken, there's no reason to go about supporting it. You think it's logical for us to back the Republicans instead of trying to get our own platform recognized. But the Republicans are part of the same problem the Democrats are. Why would you assume we'd support the lesser of two evils when we do not wish to see the evil at all?
    Whooomp, there it is.
    People blindly support passage of legislation they have never read. They support candidates they cant even identify. Both parties.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    We have ready addressed this. Because a choice between retard A and retard B still leaves you with a retard. Id rather see a gop house and senate and a president Obama than a financially corrupt GOP house, senate, and white house.
    That is exactly the approach Obama and Democrats rely on. What policies that Obama has implemented would Retard B(McCain) have implemented?

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Doubt it. The "Israel is always right" crowd didn't vote for Obama anyway.
    Obama received 78% of the Jewish vote, probably the biggest percent block other than the black vote.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because the lessor of two evils wouldn't have passed Obamacare, bailed out unions, expanded the role of the Federal govt. and generated the results we have today with 25 plus million unemployed Americans. The lessor of two evils would haven't forced higher expenses on the states and given taxpayer money to corporations like Solyndra and GE just because they are big supporters of Obama.
    The lesser of two evils would have expanded government, expanded our wars the same as Obama, would have worked for the same aristocracy that Obama works for. What's the difference? You think McCain wouldn't have bailed out Wall Street and the Banks? Not a chance in hell. They serve the same master. So what's the worst thing we got with this evil over the other evil? A broken health care system? Not enough. Besides, there's nothing which says that other evil wouldn't have unleashed something worse. I need a stronger candidate if they are going to be my best alternative. To which you say should be the way I vote, yes?

    Face it, the GOP left true small government ideology in the dust some time ago. Till you return, I cannot support you.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #328
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is exactly the approach Obama and Democrats rely on. What policies that Obama has implemented would Retard B(McCain) have implemented?
    So are you going to insist on answers to hypotheticals too? I have no way of knowing what a president mccain would have done and neither do you. I DO knkw that with a gop AND dem president and congress leaders we have gone from 2 trillion to 15.5 trillion in debt. Sorry man...neither side is on the side of angels. Neither side is worthy of blind partisan support. Threaten that support they count on for power and they might just change.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The lesser of two evils would have expanded government, expanded our wars the same as Obama, would have worked for the same aristocracy that Obama works for. What's the difference? You think McCain wouldn't have bailed out Wall Street and the Banks? Not a chance in hell. They serve the same master. So what's the worst thing we got with this evil over the other evil? A broken health care system? Not enough. Besides, there's nothing which says that other evil wouldn't have unleashed something worse. I need a stronger candidate if they are going to be my best alternative. To which you say should be the way I vote, yes?

    Face it, the GOP left true small government ideology in the dust some time ago. Till you return, I cannot support you.
    That is your opinion but we will never know. What we do know is what has happened. Are you happy with the results Obama has generated?

  10. #330
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The lesser of two evils would have expanded government, expanded our wars the same as Obama, would have worked for the same aristocracy that Obama works for. What's the difference? You think McCain wouldn't have bailed out Wall Street and the Banks? Not a chance in hell. They serve the same master. So what's the worst thing we got with this evil over the other evil? A broken health care system? Not enough. Besides, there's nothing which says that other evil wouldn't have unleashed something worse. I need a stronger candidate if they are going to be my best alternative. To which you say should be the way I vote, yes?

    Face it, the GOP left true small government ideology in the dust some time ago. Till you return, I cannot support you.
    Sounds like if we can't have the best then who cares if we get the worst.

    Or maybe it is get the worst so the public might get so disgusted they will vote for our guy/girl. The problem is that the system makes all but impossible for a third party to be anything but a spoiler.

Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •