Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #271
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Please let me know when I get to choose the candidate. And, you keep on voting for people who have no chance and we will end up with more statist crap. The Tea Party folks have done far more to work for change than all of your morally superior votes for nobodies. They are the example you should be following. Your choice. Your vote. Your ObamaCare. Live with it.
    Start fielding better candidates and I'll vote for them. Till then, you're stuck with your Obama Care till you end the crap your party seems to like to throw around like monkeys.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #272
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why would anyone 55 and older wish the younger ones would have to pay more for their health care when tihey retired? As a general rule they didn't, this was a big miscalculation by Ryan an the Republicans. The plan was nothing more than crony capitalism, just like Medicare Parts C & D was.
    Because most younger people understand they can do better than what the govt. offers.

    How do you know that the voucher system wouldn't work? Competition creates great deals whenever allowed to be implemented. Please don't talk about crony capitalism with Solyndra and GE in the pocket of Democrats. How much did those two enterprises cost the American taxpayer?

    Interesting how free enterprise and competition scares people like you. Shopping for the best deal seems to bother you and the question is why? you don't seem to care about cost to the taxpayers.

  3. #273
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I guess you should have brought forth a better candidate that could have appeased Vance and me. Then we wouldn't have Obama Care. Guess you ****ed up.
    HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA![B]HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

    You can be so funny. Why don't you come over to the GOP and bring forth the best candidate. Oh, you cannot do that. You are only one vote and you don't get to say that this person will be running when he or she doesn't want to run, and you do not get to say that Person A is the one who will win the primary since your one vote is one vote. You need to stop these arguments that go from the ridiculous to the sublime. Your choice. Your vote. Your ObamaCare. Live with it.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting how free enterprise and competition scares people like you. Shopping for the best deal seems to bother you and the question is why? you don't seem to care about cost to the taxpayers.
    Interesting indeed. So you'd be up for more "free market" style political competition? You're not scared, right?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #275
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is not only true, but my entire point. You have to vote for the candidate you feel is best. The one who will best represent you, the one who best echos your political ideologies. That was neither McCain nor Obama last cycle. I voted third party because that's were that candidate lives for me. You may think the Republicans serve your cause better. Fair enough, vote for them. But it's not MY FAULT if Obama gets elected over McCain, I didn't vote for either because neither were the best alternative.


    Sorry, I want the system to work properly, not pander to the increasingly polarized political playing field. We aren't in the mess we are today because of my principles. We are in the mess today because the Republocrats cannot field my best alternative were as other parties can. It's all about free market competition to draw a correlary. You must compete for my vote, my vote will go to the best alternative. If you can field that, you'll get my vote. If you can't, you won't. That simple.
    Then you have to accept the consequences of your actions which gave us Barack Obama. Interesting how ideologues are out of touch with reality. Although honorable that is a very naive approach to the election process. You would be better served working from within a party than from the outside. what clout do you have not voting for one of the major candidates?

  6. #276
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA![B]HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

    You can be so funny. Why don't you come over to the GOP and bring forth the best candidate. Oh, you cannot do that. You are only one vote and you don't get to say that this person will be running when he or she doesn't want to run, and you do not get to say that Person A is the one who will win the primary since your one vote is one vote. You need to stop these arguments that go from the ridiculous to the sublime. Your choice. Your vote. Your ObamaCare. Live with it.
    I was once a part of the GOP. They went a big government, big spending, big deficit, big war direction I could not follow. You left me behind, I was forced to look elsewhere for my best candidate. Return to it, and I'll return my votes to it. Till then, enjoy your Obama Care.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #277
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Interesting indeed. So you'd be up for more "free market" style political competition? You're not scared, right?
    Not at all but that isn't what we have. If you want to change the system, you work from the grassroots up, not the top down.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I was once a part of the GOP. They went a big government, big spending, big deficit, big war direction I could not follow. You left me behind, I was forced to look elsewhere for my best candidate. Return to it, and I'll return my votes to it. Till then, enjoy your Obama Care.
    Enjoy "your" Obamacare? What healthcare are you going to have?

  9. #279
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you have to accept the consequences of your actions which gave us Barack Obama. Interesting how ideologues are out of touch with reality. Although honorable that is a very naive approach to the election process. You would be better served working from within a party than from the outside. what clout do you have not voting for one of the major candidates?
    I didn't vote for him though, I bear no responsibility to the numbers of votes he received. Understand the consequences of YOUR actions which forced me to leave the GOP. I do work inside a party, that party is the Libertarian Party.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #280
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not at all but that isn't what we have. If you want to change the system, you work from the grassroots up, not the top down.
    True, not what we have in the least. The rules are in fact set up to purposefully keep out proper political competition. And I do. I put in a lot of time and effort to local libertarian candidates, including volunteer work and campaigning. But that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for a candidate I can't endorse on the national level either.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •