Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #251
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    LOL! People who did not vote for McCain in the general election helped cause ObamaCare to become a reality. Non-voting is an issue as is those who voted, but did not vote for McCain. I'll say it again. I VOTED IN THE PRIMARY ELECTION. Got it now? You are making a false argument. Please read my most recent posting prior to this one.
    But you didn't vote for the right person then. You supported someone who could not capture votes from independents and third party. I am making a false argument because it's YOUR argument. You are trying to blame people who didn't vote for Obama as being responsible for Obama having won. I've turned the table around and said it's your fault for not putting up someone better than McCain to run. It's the same argument, but you're all huffy and puffy because it's being used against you. It's as nonsensical as claiming that someone who didn't vote for Obama is responsible for Obama being elected; but hey it's your argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #252
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's see, this is a Democrat District that last elected a Republican in 1920 and has a 3-1 or 4-1 advantage over the Republicans in numbers. The incumbent resigned and wasn't on the ballot. The Democrat Candidate ran on supporting the Obama policies and the Republican ran against them. The Republican won for the first time since 1920 with a 54-46%. I posted the issues for Turner so not sure what you are looking forward but it sure looks to me like this is a rejection of Obama policies and go with the 2010 elections, the Nevada Special election which wasn't a surprise however the margin of victory was. so study your statistics and let the world pass you by
    I'm looking for more than ONE election result to support your hypothesis that this is rebellion against Obama and his policies. You make a claim, but you don't actually have proof of the claim. You have assumption and supposition at this stage; not the proper data set necessary to declare this an actual rebellion against Obama and his policies.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm looking for more than ONE election result to support your hypothesis that this is rebellion against Obama and his policies. You make a claim, but you don't actually have proof of the claim. You have assumption and supposition at this stage; not the proper data set necessary to declare this an actual rebellion against Obama and his policies.
    Republicans won N.J., Virginia, won this House Seat, won overwhelmingly in Nov. 2010 setting state records. Name for me one election that Obama has won since he was elected and started generating the results I posted

  4. #254
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Republicans won N.J., Virginia, won this House Seat, won overwhelmingly in Nov. 2010 setting state records. Name for me one election that Obama has won since he was elected and started generating the results I posted
    NY-26 because of RyanCare


  5. #255
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Republicans won N.J., Virginia, won this House Seat, won overwhelmingly in Nov. 2010 setting state records. Name for me one election that Obama has won since he was elected and started generating the results I posted
    Obama only has run the one time and not again since his first victory.

    My opinion is that given how far the government has fallen and failed the people that we will see a wholesale switch when voters can vote for politicians.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #256
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,168

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But you didn't vote for the right person then. You supported someone who could not capture votes from independents and third party. I am making a false argument because it's YOUR argument. You are trying to blame people who didn't vote for Obama as being responsible for Obama having won. I've turned the table around and said it's your fault for not putting up someone better than McCain to run. It's the same argument, but you're all huffy and puffy because it's being used against you. It's as nonsensical as claiming that someone who didn't vote for Obama is responsible for Obama being elected; but hey it's your argument.
    You have not turned the tables. You have gone from the ridiculous to the sublime.

    I am one vote in the primary. I voted for someone that I thought would beat Obama and had he won the primaries, he may or may not have done better than McCain. I was consistent in attempting to defeat Obama. You were not. I voted for McCain in the general election. You did not. McCain had a chance of winning. Your candidate, assuming you voted, had no chance. Again, if people like you didn't vote in the general election or voted 3rd party, all of you share the blame for "ObamaCare." You can deny it. You can make up silly arguments. You can howl at the moon. Facts are facts. It's your choice. Your vote. Your "ObamaCare." Live with it.

  7. #257
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    NY-26 because of RyanCare
    Yet that strategy, which was heavily used in both the Nevada and New York special election races failed.....abysmally.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    NY-26 because of RyanCare
    Obama didn't win that election but misinformation did. Anyone 55 and older wouldn't experience any change at all but that fact escaped the voters.

  9. #259
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Do you always answer questions with questions. I take it you cannot answer the questions I asked about what McCain had said. So, let's look at what you have asked. Illegal immigration. This is a Federal law enforcement issue. Who implements Federal law enforcement issue. One Senator or the President of the United States? I asked you first about McCain's position on debt and you have not answered. I will defer for the moment to your answer... when it comes. As for healthcare, show me where he has even intimated that he would sign such a bill. Did he vote for it? No. You have no leg to stand on with regards to McCain and "ObamaCare."

    What is missing from the political process is not more parties, but more responsibility within each. While I am not a member, I appreciate that the Tea Parties are attempting to hold the feet of members of Congress to the fire. We need much more of that rather than 3rd Party members who sit on the sideline and yell "Foul," but then vote in such a manner as to let the worst happen, ala "ObamaCare."
    Depends...are the 'questions' being posed hypothetical questions? And isnt the job of a senator a federal position? And isnt illegal immigration a pertinent topic for a senate candidate?

  10. #260
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm looking for more than ONE election result to support your hypothesis that this is rebellion against Obama and his policies. You make a claim, but you don't actually have proof of the claim. You have assumption and supposition at this stage; not the proper data set necessary to declare this an actual rebellion against Obama and his policies.
    Here's the results of a few more elections that Americans are not happy with Obama and his policies. Americans overwhelmingly voted Dem Representatives out of office in 2010.


    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •