Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #241
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    OK. So to get this straight. You don't vote in the Primary and did not vote for McCain, so you are not responsible for McCain getting the nod. However, I, who did not vote for Obama AM responsible for Obama getting in? Is that really the double standard you wish to now apply?
    I now see why you are confused. and I apologize for not being clearer. Here is the conversation we had:


    Originally Posted by Ikari

    Ikari earlier: You vote in the primaries? Then you do.
    Les earlier: No I don't. I did not choose who ran in the primary and I did not vote for McCain in the primary. So now, please tell me how I get to choose the GOP candidate in the primary?
    The "No I don't" has to do with your comment of "Then you do." I don't get to choose the candidate in the primary. I get to have one vote for one of the candidates and I voted for someone other than McCain. That's what I was saying; however, I now see why that confused you. So, if you wish to go after me again, please do so with your new understanding of what I was saying.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You thought McCain had no itegrity?

    He lived his life with integrity and showed it.

    How did you come to that conclusion?
    His attack on our Constitutional rights for personal gain. I appreciate his service to the country but that doesn't give you an excuse for the rest of your life.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is what the Candidate in NY 9 supported by his support for Obama policies and apparently what many saw.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings
    People can say lots of things, but you're making an assumption that isn't supported by your data since an equally valid hypothesis supported by this one data point isn't that the people are sick of Obama and looking to take out the Democrats, but that the People are mad at the incumbents and looking to replace them all. The seat had historically been controlled by Democrats, so this data point does fit within that hypothesis as well. You won't know for sure till more results come in. If ONLY Democrats get voted out, that would go well for proving your hypothesis, if it's more that incumbents are being voted out; then it does not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    People can say lots of things, but you're making an assumption that isn't supported by your data since an equally valid hypothesis supported by this one data point isn't that the people are sick of Obama and looking to take out the Democrats, but that the People are mad at the incumbents and looking to replace them all. The seat had historically been controlled by Democrats, so this data point does fit within that hypothesis as well. You won't know for sure till more results come in. If ONLY Democrats get voted out, that would go well for proving your hypothesis, if it's more that incumbents are being voted out; then it does not.
    LOL, hypothisis? These are actual results that the American people are seeing and experiencing.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    The "No I don't" has to do with your comment of "Then you do." I don't get to choose the candidate in the primary. I get to have one vote for one of the candidates and I voted for someone other than McCain. That's what I was saying; however, I now see why that confused you. So, if you wish to go after me again, please do so with your new understanding of what I was saying.
    you also blamed others who did not vote for helping Obama care come to light, did you not? Then non-voting isn't an issue. If non voters are guilty of indirect support of Obama, then you not voting in the primaries is indirect support of who one the primary (in this case McCain), and thus you are guilty of pushing forward candidates whom are unable to reach out beyond the party's boundaries and capturing independents and third party voters.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #246
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is what the Candidate in NY 9 supported by his support for Obama policies and apparently what many saw.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings
    I see you have busted out your stock talking points for the 555th time.


  7. #247
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, hypothisis? These are actual results that the American people are seeing and experiencing.
    Yes, hypothesis. Because you are attributing cause to the action, which is a hypothesis on how the action came to be. But what you claim isn't supported by the one data point you have. You've made assumptions to claim that, assuming it's retaliation against Obama (even though Obama wasn't on the ticket, which I believe was your deflect for Weiner). But it's not necessarily retaliation aimed at Obama. It could be retaliation against the incumbents, it could be based solely upon the candidates themselves; you don't actually know if this is indication of a greater national revolt against the Democrats or against the incumbents as a whole, or an isolated case.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I see you have busted out your stock talking points for the 555th time.
    Keep waiting for you or any other Obama supporter to refute them

  9. #249
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    you also blamed others who did not vote for helping Obama care come to light, did you not? Then non-voting isn't an issue. If non voters are guilty of indirect support of Obama, then you not voting in the primaries is indirect support of who one the primary (in this case McCain), and thus you are guilty of pushing forward candidates whom are unable to reach out beyond the party's boundaries and capturing independents and third party voters.
    LOL! People who did not vote for McCain in the general election helped cause ObamaCare to become a reality. Non-voting is an issue as is those who voted, but did not vote for McCain. I'll say it again. I VOTED IN THE PRIMARY ELECTION. Got it now? You are making a false argument. Please read my most recent posting prior to this one.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, hypothesis. Because you are attributing cause to the action, which is a hypothesis on how the action came to be. But what you claim isn't supported by the one data point you have. You've made assumptions to claim that, assuming it's retaliation against Obama (even though Obama wasn't on the ticket, which I believe was your deflect for Weiner). But it's not necessarily retaliation aimed at Obama. It could be retaliation against the incumbents, it could be based solely upon the candidates themselves; you don't actually know if this is indication of a greater national revolt against the Democrats or against the incumbents as a whole, or an isolated case.
    Let's see, this is a Democrat District that last elected a Republican in 1920 and has a 3-1 or 4-1 advantage over the Republicans in numbers. The incumbent resigned and wasn't on the ballot. The Democrat Candidate ran on supporting the Obama policies and the Republican ran against them. The Republican won for the first time since 1920 with a 54-46%. I posted the issues for Turner so not sure what you are looking forward but it sure looks to me like this is a rejection of Obama policies and go with the 2010 elections, the Nevada Special election which wasn't a surprise however the margin of victory was. so study your statistics and let the world pass you by

Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •