Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #231
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I hated to see McCain as the Republican Nominee but he beat the alternative as we can now see today.
    You couldn't see it in 2008? Obama explicitly said that he was for redistribution of wealth. What more was there to understand? There are evidently people here who are content with leaving that law standing as they will vote 3rd Party in 2012 and possibly allowing President Obama a second term. That should not stand!!!

  2. #232
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    No I don't. I did not choose who ran in the primary and I did not vote for McCain in the primary. So now, please tell me how I get to choose the GOP candidate in the primary?
    OK. So to get this straight. You don't vote in the Primary and did not vote for McCain, so you are not responsible for McCain getting the nod. However, I, who did not vote for Obama AM responsible for Obama getting in? Is that really the double standard you wish to now apply?

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Sorry, your initial premise here is incorrect. My premise was that I voted for McCain in the general election and he had a chance to win where Barr and other candidates did not stand a snowballs chance in Hell of winning. Had McCain won, we would not have "ObamaCare." My further premise is that if people like you and Vance had voted for McCain, he could have won and there would be no "ObamaCare."
    And had YOU voted in the primary and pushed out someone other than McCain, maybe you could have enticed people like ME to vote for the Republican instead of having to look elsewhere in the third parties. Sorry that your double standard isn't holding up here. Had you put up a better candidate, we wouldn't have "Obama Care". If you're going to blame me because I couldn't vote for either McCain or Obama, then I can blame you for not putting up someone better than McCain.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I have been perfectly honest.
    That's kind of a dishonest statement given the double standard you're looking to employ.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    No, that is false. I am under the same rules as everyone is. If you wanted ObamaCare in 2008, you should have voted for Obama. If you do not want ObamaCare, you should have voted for McCain.
    Nope. I didn't want Obama Care, I didn't vote for Obama. That's it. Maybe if we had some form of Instant Runoff Voting, your point would be more valid. But we don't, so it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Again, I do not get to put up the candidate.
    And I did not vote for Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I considered that very carefully in both the primary and the general. You are wrong.
    As did I, which is why I could not support neither McCain nor Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    No, you know that neither you nor I have the authority to choose which candidates will run in the primary elections or who wins the primaries. We have to make decisions off of who wins those primaries and what they stand for. Some like to take the moral highground of standing on the sidelines by voting for someone who cannot win and allow the worst candidate to win; ergo, giving us "ObamaCare." That would not be me.
    If you have not the authority to choose who wins the primaries, then I have not the authority to choose who wins the general election. yet for me you want to impose this belief that because I couldn't vote for McCain or Obama that I'm responsible for Obama being elected. Quite the double standard indeed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #233
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I felt the same about McCain.
    You thought McCain had no itegrity?

    He lived his life with integrity and showed it.

    How did you come to that conclusion?

  4. #234
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Statistics? I have posted data over and over only to be ignored. NY 9 had a Democrat running in support of the Obama record and in a District overwhelmingly Democrat a Republican won for the first time since 1920. The Obama results are a disaster and any Democrat that attaches themselves to those results will be defeated. There is no reason to support 4 more years of Obama.
    You've posted the result OF ONE ELECTION. That's ONE DATA POINT. You may be right, you may be wrong; but you don't have the data to support your claim.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #235
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You thought McCain had no itegrity?

    He lived his life with integrity and showed it.

    How did you come to that conclusion?
    i'm certain his ex-wife thought he lived his life with integrity. after all, he didn't marry cindy for money, now did he?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You couldn't see it in 2008? Obama explicitly said that he was for redistribution of wealth. What more was there to understand? There are evidently people here who are content with leaving that law standing as they will vote 3rd Party in 2012 and possibly allowing President Obama a second term. That should not stand!!!
    No, I saw it in 2008 and didn't vote for Obama. His resume showed zero leadership and executive skills but did show he was a community agitator and had limited results as a Senator in either the State of Illinois and the U.S. Senate. His resume should have disqualified him but it did show he didn't have the experience for the job.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You've posted the result OF ONE ELECTION. That's ONE DATA POINT. You may be right, you may be wrong; but you don't have the data to support your claim.
    This is what the Candidate in NY 9 supported by his support for Obama policies and apparently what many saw.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings

  8. #238
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    The biggest reason this guy won is not about "Obamacare," or anything to do with Obama. It's all about Weiner's weiner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The biggest reason this guy won is not about "Obamacare," or anything to do with Obama. It's all about Weiner's weiner.
    Weiner wasn't on the ballot nor was his weiner. This is a Democrat District and the Democrat ran on support for the Obama record. The GOP ran on a conservative agenda and won 54-46%, the first Republican to win that District since 1920

  10. #240
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm certain his ex-wife thought he lived his life with integrity. after all, he didn't marry cindy for money, now did he?
    Do you know for sure what their relationship was about back then?

Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •