Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #221
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And you are equating a disapproval of Obama to be an approval of the GOP.Many people are unhappy with Obama because he appeases the right far too often. They aren't going to go out and vote GOP just because of that.I think the right is making the mistake of 04 and being to "sure" that Obama will be ousted like the Dems thought about Bush.If the GOP puts up a "Kerry" candidate, Obama will be in the WH for another 4 years.So far with min wage Perry, flip flop Romney, and bat**** crazy Bachman things aren't looking too gold for the GOP. I think the right is going to "Kerry" this next election.
    As I posted yesterday 20% of the public claim they are liberals, that is hardly a major portion of the country. Most are conservative and then moderates(Gallup Poll-2010). Regardless of what you claim there was no mistake made in 2004 as Kerry was unelectable. I will take any candidate other than Paul over what we have in the WH right now and the results support my opinion. Results matter and Obama has results that the American people are rejecting. NY 9 is s example, first GOP Representative since 1920. 2010 elections, NY 9, Nevada GOP Margin of victory, N.J. Governor, Virginia Governor is a disturbing trend for Obama and instead of listening to the will of the people his arrogance is on full display.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, it really doesn't. You have no statistics to back the point you're trying to make, you only have 1 data point. Maybe people are pissed at all incumbents, regardless of political affiliation and this change is but the first in an avalanche. Maybe people are just pissed at the democrats; but you can't really say anything with any amount of confidence or significance from one data point.
    Statistics? I have posted data over and over only to be ignored. NY 9 had a Democrat running in support of the Obama record and in a District overwhelmingly Democrat a Republican won for the first time since 1920. The Obama results are a disaster and any Democrat that attaches themselves to those results will be defeated. There is no reason to support 4 more years of Obama.

  3. #223
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But....but....but......you're responsible for Obama Care because you voted intelligently and for the candidate you could best endorse! Your Obama Care is here because you exercised thought and compared candidates to your political ideology to see which one would best represent you. Your Obama Care because you didn't vote for the status quo which invented it. Your Obama Care because you think for yourself! For shame.....for shame.
    Lets be honest...it was Pelosi care...just for the sake of full disclosure. But yeah...its MY fault the dems and republicans keep putting those muppets up for election. Its my fault the average dem and rep voter tolerates and endorses those sams candidates.

    Im the first to admit my vote for a libertarian or independent candidate doesnt count for much. Still...i vote...and I dont have to feel slimey for associating with either of the two parties. I can live with that.

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,042

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am a conservative, not a Republican, something you have a hard time understanding.
    With you is that akin to the difference between six and half-a-dozen? I have seen no evidence from any of your posts that there is any substantive difference with your views and where you fall politically.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #225
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I know you are trying very hard not to be disingenuous, so I will ask you to prove your comments. Please provide evidence that McCain pushed for items that would have run up the debt as quickly as Obama has? Also, please show us where McCain ever promoted a national health care plan. As for the military, I will give you that one.
    What has the "maverick' done about illegal immigration? What has the "mavericks" position been on debt spending? He may not have been the one pushing national healthcare but I dont believe for a second he wouldnt have signed it.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    With you is that akin to the difference between six and half-a-dozen? I have seen no evidence from any of your posts that there is any substantive difference with your views and where you fall politically.
    I will always select the candidate closest to my political ideology that has a chance to win. I see no benefit in voting for a third party and then just whining about the results. In the past 10 years who would a conservative vote for, Bush vs Gore? Bush vs. Kerry? McCain vs. Obama? then in 2012 ? vs Obama? Simple, Bush, Bush McCain, and ? Sorry you cannot understand that.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What has the "maverick' done about illegal immigration? What has the "mavericks" position been on debt spending? He may not have been the one pushing national healthcare but I dont believe for a second he wouldnt have signed it.
    I hated to see McCain as the Republican Nominee but he beat the alternative as we can now see today.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,042

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will always select the candidate closest to my political ideology that has a chance to win. I see no benefit in voting for a third party and then just whining about the results. In the past 10 years who would a conservative vote for, Bush vs Gore? Bush vs. Kerry? McCain vs. Obama? then in 2012 ? vs Obama? Simple, Bush, Bush McCain, and ? Sorry you cannot understand that.
    You are understood only too well.

    You vote Republican.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #229
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are understood only too well.

    You vote Republican.
    No, not surprising, you don't understand at all just trolling

  10. #230
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What has the "maverick' done about illegal immigration? What has the "mavericks" position been on debt spending? He may not have been the one pushing national healthcare but I dont believe for a second he wouldnt have signed it.
    Do you always answer questions with questions. I take it you cannot answer the questions I asked about what McCain had said. So, let's look at what you have asked. Illegal immigration. This is a Federal law enforcement issue. Who implements Federal law enforcement issue. One Senator or the President of the United States? I asked you first about McCain's position on debt and you have not answered. I will defer for the moment to your answer... when it comes. As for healthcare, show me where he has even intimated that he would sign such a bill. Did he vote for it? No. You have no leg to stand on with regards to McCain and "ObamaCare."

    What is missing from the political process is not more parties, but more responsibility within each. While I am not a member, I appreciate that the Tea Parties are attempting to hold the feet of members of Congress to the fire. We need much more of that rather than 3rd Party members who sit on the sideline and yell "Foul," but then vote in such a manner as to let the worst happen, ala "ObamaCare."

Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •