Page 22 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #211
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    And, some others like you voted for the Libertarian candidate too. And many others sat at home because they could not see a difference. And, some even thought that Barack Obama was going to get this country on a good path to prosperity and good times. Unfortunately, the signs were there and all of you missed them or ignored them. You asked if I was proud to vote for a Retard. The answer is yes. I voted to stop Obama from becoming President. Now, because of those of you who did not vote for McCain, we have "ObamaCare." Would that have happened under a McCain Administration? No. We have a President who apologizes for all of the time for the U.S. Would McCain do that? No. Hmmmm. Libertarian? Ron Paul? Maybe you would be pleased with the apologies. Oh well, I am not. Are you proud of doing nothing to stop that "ObamaCare?" I would be ashamed, but I understand that some do not care whether we have government run health care insurance or not.
    Voting for your retard would not have changed the level of debt. Voting for your retard wouldnt have changed the global military siuation. Voting for your retard wouldnt have guaranteed we not have a national healthcare plan that was as bad or worse because your retard is a 'maverick' of convenience. Voting for your retard would have been...in a word...retarded.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 09-14-11 at 04:11 PM.

  2. #212
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    The USSC will stop it just like they stopped McCain's attack on the Constitution.

    I voted to stop Obamacare in the 00's.
    I hope you are correct in your first point. As to the second one, are you saying that you voted for a Republican in the Illinois Senate race? If yes, what about 2008?

  3. #213
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Last time I checked I did not choose who would run for office. Are you giving me that authority and do you even have the authority to give me that authority? My guess is that you do not; otherwise, you would have already used that authority to have only candidates of your choosing on the Republican and Democrat ballots. I know that I voted to prevent ObamaCare. I also know that you voted not to prevent ObamaCare. C'est la vie! Your vote. Your choice. Your "ObamaCare. Deal with it.
    You vote in the primaries? Then you do. Or else, I bear the same responsibility for Obama being in office as you did for selecting who runs for office (but that would be counter to your point since you want to try to play guilt and claim others are responsible for "Obama Care" because they couldn't vote for the main party retards. Way to be honest, I guess you get to be under different rules of constraints that you're going to put others under. Nice, real nice.). You could have done a better job at preventing "Obama Care" by putting up a better candidate. You could have considered which candidate could best reach out across lines and grab the independent or even siphon off some of the third party votes to secure victory and support that candidate. But you didn't. You put up a sub par candidate. Your Obama Care, deal with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #214
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Voting for your retard would not have changed the level of debt. Voting for your retard wouldnt have changed the global military siuation. Voting for your retard wouldnt have guaranteed we not have a national healthcare plan that was as bad or worse because your retard is a 'maverick' of convenience. Voting for your retard would have been...in a word...retarded.
    But....but....but......you're responsible for Obama Care because you voted intelligently and for the candidate you could best endorse! Your Obama Care is here because you exercised thought and compared candidates to your political ideology to see which one would best represent you. Your Obama Care because you didn't vote for the status quo which invented it. Your Obama Care because you think for yourself! For shame.....for shame.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #215
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Voting for your retard would not have changed the level of debt. Voting for your retard wouldnt have changed the global military siuation. Voting for your retard wouldnt have guaranteed we not have a national healthcare plan that was as bad or worse because your retard is a 'maverick' of convenience. Voting for your retard would have been...in a word...retarded.
    I know you are trying very hard not to be disingenuous, so I will ask you to prove your comments. Please provide evidence that McCain pushed for items that would have run up the debt as quickly as Obama has? Also, please show us where McCain ever promoted a national health care plan. As for the military, I will give you that one.

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I hope you are correct in your first point. As to the second one, are you saying that you voted for a Republican in the Illinois Senate race? If yes, what about 2008?
    Nope, I'm saying I held my nose and voted for Bush who did at least make great USSC picks.

  7. #217
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You vote in the primaries? Then you do.
    No I don't. I did not choose who ran in the primary and I did not vote for McCain in the primary. So now, please tell me how I get to choose the GOP candidate in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Or else, I bear the same responsibility for Obama being in office as you did for selecting who runs for office (but that would be counter to your point since you want to try to play guilt and claim others are responsible for "Obama Care" because they couldn't vote for the main party retards.
    Sorry, your initial premise here is incorrect. My premise was that I voted for McCain in the general election and he had a chance to win where Barr and other candidates did not stand a snowballs chance in Hell of winning. Had McCain won, we would not have "ObamaCare." My further premise is that if people like you and Vance had voted for McCain, he could have won and there would be no "ObamaCare."

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Way to be honest,
    I have been perfectly honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I guess you get to be under different rules of constraints that you're going to put others under.
    No, that is false. I am under the same rules as everyone is. If you wanted ObamaCare in 2008, you should have voted for Obama. If you do not want ObamaCare, you should have voted for McCain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nice, real nice.). You could have done a better job at preventing "Obama Care" by putting up a better candidate.
    Again, I do not get to put up the candidate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You could have considered which candidate could best reach out across lines and grab the independent or even siphon off some of the third party votes to secure victory and support that candidate. But you didn't.
    I considered that very carefully in both the primary and the general. You are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You put up a sub par candidate. Your Obama Care, deal with it.
    No, you know that neither you nor I have the authority to choose which candidates will run in the primary elections or who wins the primaries. We have to make decisions off of who wins those primaries and what they stand for. Some like to take the moral highground of standing on the sidelines by voting for someone who cannot win and allow the worst candidate to win; ergo, giving us "ObamaCare." That would not be me.
    Last edited by LesGovt; 09-14-11 at 04:32 PM.

  8. #218
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Nope, I'm saying I held my nose and voted for Bush who did at least make great USSC picks.
    Ah, got it.

  9. #219
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No different than a Democrat in TX vs. one in NY. What does that have to do with the fact that NY 9 hasn't elected a Republican since the early 20's and elected one yesterday?
    The point is liberals in a historically liberal district are not going to vote for a conservative.Just because a politician has a R next to his name does not automatically makes them one of the good guys.


    This was Chuck Schumer's former seat. Think about it. I posted the issues and those issues went right after Obama and the Republican won. That speaks volumes.
    The fact a republican won a seat that has been the democrat's for 90 years just means the voters are possible sick of the same old **** and they think that by voting for a Republican **** will change. It does not mean Turner is a conservative.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Conservative

    I am on record as advocating that Obama should NOT run again. He should announce soon that he will not stand for re-election and allow others to come forward.

    Is it accurate to speculate that if he did that your anti-Obama posts would decrease by some serious numbers - maybe as much as 90% - while you turn your guns on other Dems who may beat your beloved Repubican Party nominee in 2012?
    No, I would be posting against any candidate that you support. Liberalism is a total and complete failure and the Democrat Party is too far left today. I believe in free enterprise and capitalism not liberalism and redistribution of wealth. I have seen what liberals did to your state and a good city like Detroit along with other major cities around the country and as long as the Democrats support that kind of dependence I will continue to post. I am a conservative, not a Republican, something you have a hard time understanding.

Page 22 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •